****The Everything LaVar Ball Thread****

Someone brought up the Kris Kardashian. I never really thought about it 'til it was mentioned.

Anyone see any parallels between her and Lavar? She's criticized PLENTY here on NT for the way she goes about "promoting" her brand.

Just playing devil's advocate here, but why are people so defensive about Lavar Ball...is there a middle ground? Like, can one NOT be cool with the hot-takes and loudmouthed nature of the guy, but respect his love that he has for his kids?

Someone brought up the Kris Kardashian. I never really thought about it 'til it was mentioned.

Anyone see any parallels between her and Lavar? She's criticized PLENTY here on NT for the way she goes about "promoting" her brand.

Just playing devil's advocate here, but why are people so defensive about Lavar Ball...is there a middle ground? Like, can one NOT be cool with the hot-takes and loudmouthed nature of the guy, but respect his love that he has for his kids?

This is what I've been saying. Guys defending the life out of him make it seem like it can't be both. Like there has never been an *** hole who did good things.

I'm not defensive at all :lol:

It's just strange to me that he gets heat for believing in his sons....raising them, pushing them and praising them.

What we are seeing here is a father that has raised his sons to college scholarships. This isn't a Father exploiting his sons like Kris Jenner did. That's the difference.

I mean....to any rational person....he's obviously trolling. Peep back beneath the surface level though....at the very WORST.....he's overrating his sons talent....and being "brash" and a "loudmouth". If that's the worst a father can do.....I'll take it.

On the converse....what he's actually doing.....is much more important and impressive than him thinking his son is better than Steph Curry

If Lamelo makes it to the league I can see him being a Austin Rivers or Jamal Crawford type player.

You one salty *** dude :lol: And yeah, I can defend him because I can relate. Can you?

You stay mad for the so called outlandish things he says. I supported his motive behind it.

You sound mad. That's all, like you're jealous or something. :lol: Now that's MY opinion. *wink*

Lmao isn't that cute that you can relate. That explains why you seem Ball(s) deep. Get it *wink*

I was right. You are jealous! :lol: Daddy didn't hug you enough huh? :rofl:

Y'all corny as hell praying these kids fail. Internet is weird. :lol:

It's pathetic, I'm not even engaging in it. When you think about it, what's the father really saying that's so offensive? But when you see dudes say **** like "tool" you know what kind of cat they are anyways.

It really is pathetic bro :lol:

And look at them, still coming in here defending themselves.

I'm not defensive at all :lol:

It's just strange to me that he gets heat for believing in his sons....raising them, pushing them and praising them.

What we are seeing here is a father that has raised his sons to college scholarships. This isn't a Father exploiting his sons like Kris Jenner did. That's the difference.

I mean....to any rational person....he's obviously trolling. Peep back beneath the surface level though....at the very WORST.....he's overrating his sons talent....and being "brash" and a "loudmouth". If that's the worst a father can do.....I'll take it.

On the converse....what he's actually doing.....is much more important and impressive than him thinking his son is better than Steph Curry

I respectfully disagree w/ you.

I think there are two issues at play here:

1. The love he has for his kids - it's COMPLETELY evident. I don't think anyone is questioning it.

2. The means in which he goes about "promoting" HIS brand. And as I mentioned before, this is where the line gets blurred.

I really think you'd be hard pressed to find anyone who would criticize Ball for #1.

As far as #2, it's a big umbrella. Under that umbrella are the outlandish statements, BBB "brand," etc. This is where, IMO, the majority of the criticism comes from. Yes, Lavar Ball is a smart guy...could he be trolling? Sure. However, let's not act like folks who troll are above criticism. The vitriol for Lavar Ball comes from the viewpoint that he's seemingly making his son's basketball careers about himself. Again, that falls under #2. If his boys fail, it will because of their own inadequacies on the hardwood...not because of Lavar Ball. However, he's putting a huge target on his sons' backs, whether right or wrong, due to how he conducts himself. It's going to be unnecessary/added pressure. I gurarantee that when Lonzo is going through the pre-draft process, there will be questions about how they (teams) can deal OR distance themselves from the dad. Right now he could be seen as harmless, but when the stakes really do get high and millions are being invested into his kids by whatever team that drafts them, Lavar Ball might be asked to really fade into the background.

All that being said, I doubt that happens because Lavar Ball makes for good TV. I think his BBB will probably go the way for Rockdeep worldwide, but he's definitley going to have some sort of media deal come out of this. Whether it's a pre-draft documentary or some show on VH1, Lavar Ball ain't going to be going away anytime soon.

C65DO_9VwAAvvhm.jpg

1. The love he has for his kids - it's COMPLETELY evident. I don't think anyone is questioning it.

2. The means in which he goes about "promoting" HIS brand. And as I mentioned before, this is where the line gets blurred.

I really think you'd be hard pressed to find anyone who would criticize Ball for #1.

As far as #2, it's a big umbrella. Under that umbrella are the outlandish statements, BBB "brand," etc. This is where, IMO, the majority of the criticism comes from. Yes, Lavar Ball is a smart guy...could he be trolling? Sure. However, let's not act like folks who troll are above criticism. The vitriol for Lavar Ball comes from the viewpoint that he's seemingly making his son's basketball careers about himself. Again, that falls under #2. If his boys fail, it will because of their own inadequacies on the hardwood...not because of Lavar Ball. However, he's putting a huge target on his sons' backs, whether right or wrong, due to how he conducts himself. It's going to be unnecessary/added pressure. I gurarantee that when Lonzo is going through the pre-draft process, there will be questions about how they (teams) can deal OR distance themselves from the dad. Right now he could be seen as harmless, but when the stakes really do get high and millions are being invested into his kids by whatever team that drafts them, Lavar Ball might be asked to really fade into the background.

All that being said, I doubt that happens because Lavar Ball makes for good TV. I think his BBB will probably go the way for Rockdeep worldwide, but he's definitley going to have some sort of media deal come out of this. Whether it's a pre-draft documentary or some show on VH1, Lavar Ball ain't going to be going away anytime soon.

There's the fundamental difference in our viewpoints.

I don't think BBB will develop into some huge sports empire. Maybe it will. Who knows.

But from my POV....Lavar isn't promoting Big Baller Brand SOLEY for his interest. It's clearly "FOR THE FAM".

It's a family business. They've found a way to monetize their basketball talent and hard work. Wether it's thru exposure from the NCAA, social media, or cheap t shirts.

I think we've become so weary of the celeb parents IE Macaulay Culkin and all the other parent/star child relationships....that we sometimes fail to recogize a tight nit family getting theirs. Lavar is unconventional.....but I disagree with the criticism that this is all about him.

And If those buys truly bought in to Lavars teaching that basketball isn't "pressure"....They aren't worried about "targets on their backs."

Mama Kardashian encourages her daughters to be industry thots.

Lavar encourages his sons to be great at basketball.

:lol:

There's the fundamental difference in our viewpoints.

I don't think BBB will develop into some huge sports empire. Maybe it will. Who knows.

But from my POV....Lavar isn't promoting Big Baller Brand SOLEY for his interest. It's clearly "FOR THE FAM".

It's a family business. They've found a way to monetize their basketball talent and hard work. Wether it's thru exposure from the NCAA, social media, or cheap t shirts.

I think we've become so weary of the celeb parents IE Macaulay Culkin and all the other parent/star child relationships....that we sometimes fail to recogize a tight nit family getting theirs. Lavar is unconventional.....but I disagree with the criticism that this is all about him.

And If those buys truly bought in to Lavars teaching that basketball isn't "pressure"....They aren't worried about "targets on their backs."

the-rock-clapping.gif

Last edited:
popularity is the ONLY correlation to the kardashians

they are basing their popularity in talent and hard work

all this really is most these athletes don't have fathers in the picture so they are mad confused as to how to handle lavar and the kids

they can't use the same tactics as they do on the other kids/players

and these media outlets are reaching out to lavar, not the other way around

how is he making it about himself?

all this really is most these athletes don't have fathers in the picture so they are mad confused as to how to handle lavar and the kids

Because Lavar is a "tool" :lol: He forced all these recruiters and spectators to watch his sons play.

He threatened ESPN and forced them to put him on their show. :wink:

Exactly. These people are use to the basketball player who grew up the single mother, struggling story who they can exploit.

And here you have a strong male figure who supports his sons heavily and who's trying to control their brand instead of some outside people it's "Oh no we can't deal with this". I mean Lavar do be saying some extreme **** but for people to try to compare him to the Kardashian mother or act like he's some crazy dude is real funny.

Last edited:

Exactly. These people are use to the basketball player who grew up the single mother, struggling story who they can exploit.

And here you have a strong male figure who supports his sons heavily and who's trying to control their brand instead of some outside people it's "Oh no we can't deal with this". I mean Lavar do be saying some extreme **** but for people to try to compare him to the Kardashian mother or act like he's some crazy dude is real funny.

Just as they're used to the single mom athlete, they're used to the overbearing white dad athlete and see it as the norm but can't recognize the irony of being perturbed by this new challenger.

Last edited:

I mean couldnt he just decline :rolleyes

Its pretty clear he enjoys the spotlight

Last edited:
Liangelo need to study melo tapes this whole summer. It seems everybody know he's the weak link he needs to step his midrange and post bully game up. #feetwork

When are ppl ok with the overbearing white sports dad?

Just curious.

while there certainly is some racial component to the backlash Lavar is getting, some of you are making it seem like that is the main factor here

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom