****The Everything LaVar Ball Thread****

Being at war with your kid's coach is not a good look, and that USA Today article made LaVar look bad, but if what LaVar said is all true the coach is a sucka too.

You knew the man since you were a child, he pushed for you to get the job, his wife wrote your damb resume :smh: :lol: , you have all up in this man's house eating his food and you sell him out like this. That fool lucky LaVar don't pull up with the stick

Last edited:
Lavar treated him how Nino treated G Money.

Nah, more like......

cancel-that-*****-o.gif

At this point if lonzo goes 1st overall he owes it to his pops. People who've never watched a ucla game know his name because of lavar. I still don't think he's better than fultz tho, him saying that kinda made me chuckle.
So Draft Rooms are being influenced by Mr. BALL to pick Lonzo 1st?

Because those , "People that never watched UCLA" aren't the ones who are doing the drafting

why is Lonzo even doing interviews with his dad, doesn't look like he gets to speak his mind at all.

like really??? you and your dad never had a disagreement?? :rolleyes

Yea it sounded like dude's afraid to go against whatever Pops says,not even surprised. Lavar definitely looks like the textbook overbearing type :lol:

Last edited:
Lavar doesn't look like the type that accepts his kids talking back to him. Lonzo looks soft too. He definitely doesn't share his true feelings and opinions.

Interested to see how Lonzo will act towards his pops once he starts getting cut a check

^ Yeah i understand that, all I'm saying is it's ok to admit that you disagreed with your pops especially about your profession, not even on some talking back steez. I'm an aspiring screenwriter/voice actor, my dad is a little like Lavar that he always trying to tell me what to do and we disagree a lot, but my dad still gonna respect my decisions and I still respect him because I know it comes from a place of love, even though it is too much at times.

I mean if Lonzo is too scared to say "well this one time, we disagreed on this game....or my shot form"
It would def show he has some personality, he could've even joked about it. This guy asked for an example of how he could disagree with his dad on BBall

I don't get how this kid is going to hold his own against pro teammates, who are a lot more in shape and bigger than his dad(regardless of what Lavar thinks)

In no way am I wishing ill will on any of these kids, but sometimes Lonzo(i havent really seen the other two) looks shook and his answers come off so robotic. He looks like he's trying to be relaxed and chill but sometimes he be lookin like a deer in headlights

Last edited:
That Black and Silver Big Baller Brand tee Lonzo had on was kinda icy though :nerd: :pimp: :lol:

Looked like a 2013 Armani t shirt :lol:. That's the high end big baller tee. I need info.

Uncle Lavar outchea sonnin Collin racist ***.

Y'all caught when Cowherd asked Lavar if he heard ppl "rooting against him"?

Lavar said, "who". Colin said, "middle America".

We all know who "middle America" refers too......

Nah I knew alot of negros rooting for fox to give that boy a lesson. Hell i was :lol: when it happened. Wish fultz went to a diff school so it could've been him.

Nah I knew alot of negros rooting for fox to give that boy a lesson. Hell i was :lol: when it happened. Wish fultz went to a diff school so it could've been him.

Oh no doubt there are ALOT of ppl of all shades rooting against Lavar/lonzo.

But when Colin said "middle America"......I knew who he meant.

Last edited:

Oh no doubt there are ALOT of ppl of all shades rooting against Lavar/lonzo.

But when Colin said "middle America"......I knew who he meant.

Him and the chick was tryna dig for some friction with them.

Lavar told him "You ain't paying me so who cares what you say!"

:lol:

Last edited:
why is Lonzo even doing interviews with his dad, doesn't look like he gets to speak his mind at all.

like really??? you and your dad never had a disagreement?? :rolleyes

Here's my thing.

Take Kobe and Kwame. Two guys highly sought after coming out of high school (well, Kobe had his brief stint at Duke, but that was minor). One became an all-time great. The other, the butt of jokes. What was different about them?

To me it was the drive and the intensity. Kobe had a chip on his shoulder and he was going to be the greatest of all time or die trying. Kwame just wanted a blanket and warm milk.

I haven't seen that drive in Lonzo but it's hard to tell when he's being overshadowed by his daddy at interviews. It's hard to tell from his posture and his style of play.

I know he's immensely talented and has a gift. But coming into the league, everyone has a bit of that. What will make the difference is whether he find that passion for himself. I can tell you what prevents that from developing: overbearing parents. Lonzo has to find himself and has to do it for himself and not for his dad. That's what's going to determine whether he ends up a top-tier player or fades into oblivion.

View media item 2385306
View media item 2385305

Last edited:
Here's my thing.

Take Kobe and Kwame. Two guys highly sought after coming out of high school (well, Kobe had his brief stint at Duke, but that was minor). One became an all-time great. The other, the butt of jokes. What was different about them?

To me it was the drive and the intensity. Kobe had a chip on his shoulder and he was going to be the greatest of all time or die trying. Kwame just wanted a blanket and warm milk.

I haven't seen that drive in Lonzo but it's hard to tell when he's being overshadowed by his daddy at interviews. It's hard to tell from his posture and the way he runs around.

I know he's immensely talented and has a gift. But coming into the league, everyone has a bit of that. What will make the difference is whether he find that passion for himself. I can tell you what prevents that from developing: overbearing parents. Lonzo has to find himself and has to do it for himself and not for his dad. That's what's going to determine whether he ends up a top-tier player or fades into oblivion.

View media item 2385306
View media item 2385305

In Kwame's case, Michael Jordan probably played the biggest role in him not becoming the star that everybody thought he'd be since he destroyed his confidence. Kwame walked into a disaster there. The Wizards were a patchwork team and MJ was never the type of player who'd take you under his wing. He wound becoming a serviceable role player at best but Washington was the worst case scenario for him.

Here's my thing.

I haven't seen that drive in Lonzo but it's hard to tell when he's being overshadowed by his daddy at interviews. It's hard to tell from his posture and the way he runs around.

View media item 2385306
View media item 2385305

Wild hot take.....:lol:

So much wrong with this btw. A lot different about Kobe and Kwame Brown. A lot. Just a short sighted comparison all around.

Also, Kwame Brown is a major success story. You should read about his background. For him to play 13 years in the NBA going thru what he went thru....nothing but respect to that man.

Read up a lil on Kwame Brown when you get a chance. Good dude. He just wasn't ready.

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/14929620/kwame-brown-decided-go-pro

Kobe's "drive".....is one of the greatest marketing tools ever :lol:. His scowling and gritting was easy for you to SEE that. Then there's somebody like Tim Duncan....who probably had the same exact drive as Kobe and came from humble beginnings....never had to show his "drive".

Sports narratives....I'm sick of em :lol:

Kobe look like he bout choke Kwame right there. :lol:

I'm sure Kobe and Tim had the same drive. They just had different personalities. That's not a narrative.

It was meant as an analogy, not as a perfect 1-to-1 comparison. No crazy sports knowledge needed. Take any two humans in life and their success will depend on a mix of talent, drive, being surrounded by the right people, and opportunity.

Are you trying to tell me Kobe didn't have a crazy work ethic? Or that Jordan wasn't crazy competitive?

It's good you bring up Duncan. He has a similar dispassionate demeanor to Lonzo and people often mistook that for not caring. But he was one of the most deliberate and intelligent players we'll ever see (I imagine his face when I hear someone say "quiet determination"). So I'm not saying Lonzo doesn't have that in him. I'm just saying I could see it holding him back and, if that is the case, I would speculate it will trace back to his relationship with his dad. I could be wrong too. I don't know what the actual dynamic between them is behind closed doors, although the home videos and interviews can betray a lot.

And before you jump on me for speculating, this whole thread and LaVar's life has been about speculation and hot takes.

And I don't mean to pick on Kwame. I shouldn't use him as a punching bag.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom