****The Everything LaVar Ball Thread****

The Ball's won. So much hype for a one a done player that has shown almost nothing. ESPN and FS1 has fed into this crap, as well as social media... I am no longer a hater of what is happening...

Flourish and take advantage at this point. We are all suckers

Shown almost nothing? :lol: Dude has the Pac conference assists in a game+UCLA single season assists record :lol:

Damn near pac-12 single season record too :lol:

Better than Gary Payton, Damon stoudamire, Jason Kidd etc. but yeah he didn't really do much in college :lol:

You know what i mean. NCAA tournament hype was a bit stronger than what he showed.. But as normal statistics show, he is par for the course for top 5 picks.. Whens the last time you saw this sort of crap fest hype for a top 5 pick? I credit his family and blame the media. He does not show exponentially GREATER growth or potential than other top picks

Bottom line, papa ball sold the hype and they are winning out,

I am actually giving them credit here zube42

FYI, its basically half a freshman season and their team tanked.. Anyone but Ball would get owned. But we give this dude credit? We;re hypocrites MAN
He's been a lottery pick since HS bruh.

Stop reaching. 

You know what i mean. NCAA tournament hype was a bit stronger than what he showed.. But as normal statistics show, he is par for the course for top 5 picks.. Whens the last time you saw this sort of crap fest hype for a top 5 pick? I credit his family and blame the media. He does not show exponentially GREATER growth or potential than other top picks

Bottom line, papa ball sold the hype and they are winning out,

I am actually giving them credit here zube42

FYI, its basically half a freshman season and their team tanked.. Anyone but Ball would get owned. But we give this dude credit? We;re hypocrites MAN

You're speaking so definite :lol:
Some of us knew about the kid before his dad got the spotlight, shocker, I know.
Some of us follow incoming basketball prospects and believed in this kid before Lavar was on First Take.
I honestly don't agree with anything you've said so go ahead and hold onto your opinion because this seems you've watched more Lavar than Lonzo and De'Aaron fox destroying UCLA on the pick and roll somehow equates to Lonzo getting owned :lol:

Last edited:
I know what he saying tho, it's been better prospects that didn't get close to this amount of hype. Lavar did win in that sense, he made this draft about lonzo, son got that Ben Simmons hype and many were calling him a "once in a generation". Im just tired of dude being on every channel dancing pulling that loud obnoxious uncle routine falling right into their bait. Ya boy going to LA other to UCLA get em ready and male sure they show n prove

I know what he saying tho, it's been better prospects that didn't get close to this amount of hype. Lavar did win in that sense, he made this draft about lonzo, son got that Ben Simmons hype and many were calling him a "once in a generation". Im just tired of dude being on every channel dancing pulling that loud obnoxious uncle routine falling right into their bait. Ya boy going to LA other to UCLA get em ready and male sure they show n prove

I've never heard anyone call him a "once in a generation" type player. Most I've seen is "he sees an offense similar to Jason Kidd," which frankly I agree with. Obviously Kidd is top 5 all time at his position and Zo isn't close to that yet but he has that potential to be an offensive leader on that level. Idk where these claims you guys are talking about are coming from. He's not gonna go number 2 because his daddy thinks he's an all star caliber player :lol: Dudes that have been scouting and around the pro level of the game for years make these decisions, not dudes on the couch watching First Take.

Last edited:
Late but, don't know how this woman can tell this dude he's a bad father. I don't agree with him being on TV all the time speaking blasphemy saying how he can beat Jordan and **** and it does seem like he loves the spotlight. But, she has no right to criticize his fatherhood. My dad is more laid back than him and I still don't speak against my father to other people, I think a kid should always honor their parents and have unconditional respect for them(unless they do some extreme ****). If anything, the parents these days should be more strict. Still can't believe she attacked him as a father, he seems like a damn good dad.

Also, I don't blame him for talking up his kid, maybe he wants Alonzo to believe he's better than Curry and can have a historic rookie year and career. As a father, you want to instill confidence in your kid and odds are, you will blind optimism for them.

I've never heard anyone call him a "once in a generation" type player. Most I've seen is "he sees an offense similar to Jason Kidd," which frankly I agree with. Obviously Kidd is top 5 all time at his position and Zo isn't close to that yet but he has that potential to be an offensive leader on that level. Idk where these claims you guys are talking about are coming from. He's not gonna go number 2 because his daddy thinks he's an all star caliber player :lol: Dudes that have been scouting and around the pro level of the game for years make these decisions, not dudes on the couch watching First Take.
Simmons is the one labeled "once in a generation". People are talking about lonzo as much if not more than Ben except Ben was the clear cut best player in the draft last year, he was going #1 after his 1st ncaa game. Lonzo in most eyes is 3rd best in this draft and never was considered the best player or "once in a generation" player. I had him going #2 if LA got the pick regardless because it woulx be crazy for them to take jackson roght after takinf ingram and fultz won't be on the board. But him being talked about more than Simmons is all of lavars doing. Same way lamelo and liangelo were being talked about before this shoe thing happened. Like o said before my grandmother is a super casual, only watch march madness and only watch highlights and playoffs. She knows who lonzo is but never heard of Ben. Heard of the guy with "j kidd" skillset but not the guy with "lebron".

The hing in this whole sneaker deal is the guaranteed money that the big companies offer, take D.Rose his shoe sales were effected when he first went down with injury and he was the league MVP.
Selling your own sig shoe puts huge dependence on staying healthy - there are far more assurances when you sign a deal getting that guaranteed money when your a rookie than to be spending salary to develop a brand.

I don’t see ball being any better than Ricky Rubio and to create hype on a new brand through reality TV may suite the Hollywood crowd but unless the lakers become a playoff team Ball will just be another Nick Young clown more style over substance.

The Ball's won. So much hype for a one a done player that has shown almost nothing. ESPN and FS1 has fed into this crap, as well as social media... I am no longer a hater of what is happening...

Its crazy

So many more high profile players have been projected and drafted top 5 over the years. but Lavar has made it about his family, that we all feel a vested interest. The hustle is real, and I am all aboard..
Lol Done nothing ? what are you even saying? Do you even watch college ball?

Last edited:
The hing in this whole sneaker deal is the guaranteed money that the big companies offer, take D.Rose his shoe sales were effected when he first went down with injury and he was the league MVP.
Selling your own sig shoe puts huge dependence on staying healthy - there are far more assurances when you sign a deal getting that guaranteed money when your a rookie than to be spending salary to develop a brand.

I don’t see ball being any better than Ricky Rubio and to create hype on a new brand through reality TV may suite the Hollywood crowd but unless the lakers become a playoff team Ball will just be another Nick Young clown more style over substance.

DISRESPECTFUL! :smh:
Ricky Rubio and Nick Young? smh.....bad analysis

Kyrie commented on what Lavar should do as a father. He's telling a grown as man who raised 3 kids what to do. Lavar is basically saying there is different dynamics in his family compared to that of Kyrie. It comes off as a bit insensitive on Lavar, but Kyrie should just stay on he's lane 

This is thread is pretty much a Lavar Ball fan page. Dude can do no wrong. Watch as the stan's come to his defense.

Cowherd has been a lowkey racist and a high key ******* for a while now. I stopped listening to sports radio a couple of years ago, but I remember posting Cowherd was a racist and people challenging me on it.

Agreed on ALL of this. Anybody familiar with Coward knows his thinly-veiled antics

:rofl: this thread continues to roll...

we don't need to go into nt extremes all the time. there is no denying that lonzo has received a disproportionate amount of attention this year, at least given his on-the-court talents. he has been very good and does deserve some hype, but the key word is "disproportionate."

View media item 2440186
Kyrie commented on what Lavar should do as a father. He's telling a grown as man who raised 3 kids what to do. Lavar is basically saying there is different dynamics in his family compared to that of Kyrie. It comes off as a bit insensitive on Lavar, but Kyrie should just stay on he's lane 
Kyrie does have some experience of what it's like to be an NBA athlete though, which LaVar does not have.

Its crazy

So many more high profile players have been projected and drafted top 5 over the years. but Lavar has made it about his family, that we all feel a vested interest. The hustle is real, and I am all aboard..
lonzo was balling this year fam knock it off. 

and fultz team only won 9 games. does that mean hes not the truth?

Simmons is the one labeled "once in a generation". People are talking about lonzo as much if not more than Ben except Ben was the clear cut best player in the draft last year, he was going #1 after his 1st ncaa game. Lonzo in most eyes is 3rd best in this draft and never was considered the best player or "once in a generation" player. I had him going #2 if LA got the pick regardless because it woulx be crazy for them to take jackson roght after takinf ingram and fultz won't be on the board. But him being talked about more than Simmons is all of lavars doing. Same way lamelo and liangelo were being talked about before this shoe thing happened. Like o said before my grandmother is a super casual, only watch march madness and only watch highlights and playoffs. She knows who lonzo is but never heard of Ben. Heard of the guy with "j kidd" skillset but not the guy with "lebron".
lonzo was the was the best high school player last year

This is the male version of basketball wives :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:. So much unnecessary drama

Last edited:
It'll be so funny if he goes to the Celtics

He actually said it doesn't really matter at the end of the day, Lonzo just wants to be in the league, his preference is just clearly the Lakers.

Did ya'll watch the interview in the context it was asked? was talking about the dynamics of a single parent household or even one with both vs one like his where both were active in the extra curricular with the kids, moms was out there playing too.

Jesus the man got ya'll so riled up you'll twist and turn everything even though he puts out enough actual ones to latch on to.

They definitely haven't watched the clip or it'd be a non issue. He actually gave a very thoughtful response there. People keep trying to play him like an idiot, but in the actual interviews, esp with Skip and Shannon, he gets his points off effectively.

They definitely haven't watched the clip or it'd be a non issue. He actually gave a very thoughtful response there. People keep trying to play him like an idiot, but in the actual interviews, esp with Skip and Shannon, he gets his points off effectively.

Anyone who understands this is called a "Lavar stan" around here :smh: :lol:

lonzo was the was the best high school player last year

Harry Giles, before the injury, Fultz, and Josh Jackson were ahead of Ball.

Back
Top Bottom