****The Everything LaVar Ball Thread****

That commercial is fantastic.

Still not sure how good of a pro he'll be but I'm a fan of how well he can make fun of himself and that he doesn't take the **** his dad says too serious.

13wiTMI1.gif

Haha. That Foorlocker commercial is great. Honestly if BBB brand came with this approach where they still had their morals but played it off in a funny and passive way, people would love it.

This. That commercial is pure gold. Whether Lavar is just playing a character or not, it's entertaining and I love it. The people who get pissed off at him are the ones that just take sports too seriously

When's the last time a prospect turned heel out of the gate like this? 
laugh.gif

Bryce Harper maybe...I can't think of any in the NBA. 

That commercial is fantastic.

Still not sure how good of a pro he'll be but I'm a fan of how well he can make fun of himself and that he doesn't take the **** his dad says too serious.

I liked it too. Looks like Lonzo has some perspective on all this and as long as he's aware of where his dad is helping him versus limiting him, he'll be fine.

yeah lonzo ball is actually hilarious. i be watch dude on ig live and he stay roasting 

Haha. That Foorlocker commercial is great. Honestly if BBB brand came with this approach where they still had their morals but played it off in a funny and passive way, people would love it.

Isn't that literally what the commercial is doing?

When it boils down to it, i think that some people don't like Lavar Ball b/c his confidence and bravado makes those who are unsure of themselves MORE unsure of themselves.

Every single person that I've rapped w/ on him, no matter the color... if they give off a degree of self-confidence and not get rattled by other people's greatness, they tend to roll w/ the Ball situation.

Shout out to all the NTers that tried their hardest to hold back a smile during that commercial. I know yall want to hate the Ball family so bad but it's tough when they do fun stuff like this.

Last edited:
When it boils down to it, people don't like Lavar Ball b/c his confidence and bravado makes those who are unsure of themselves MORE unsure of themselves.

Every single person that I've rapped w/ on him, no matter the color... if they give off a degree of self-confidence and not get rattled by other people's greatness, they tend to roll w/ the Ball situation.

not to scrap the rest of what you said, but that's a fascinating insight. to a lot of people it looks like pure foolishness (even to me sometimes on the execution side) but from a certain angle it looks like...um, shooting your shot.

either way, I feel like that commercial shows a high level of self-awareness about the perceptions and reality of the situation...can you picture Eli Manning in an ad like this on the eve of the 2004 NFL Draft?

Last edited:
LaVar Ball Scores Himself a Trading Card Deal

LaVar Ball CEO of Big Baller Brand sure knows how to stay in the spotlight; so it comes as no surprise the father of Lonzo Ball — projected top-2 pick in the upcoming NBA Draft — continues to cash in on the family name. This time Papa Ball has just scored himself a trading card deal, where he will reportedly sell autographed cards for $59.95 USD a piece.

Backed by Leaf Trading Cards, each card will feature a unique catchphrase from the leader of the Ball clan. Expect to see “$495 ain’t enough,” “If you can’t afford the ZO2′s, you’re not a big baller,” and “Lonzo better than Steph Curry!” written across each. Interested buyers can head over to eBay to try their luck. Leaf’s CEO Brian Gray explains the company’s decision in choosing Papa Ball:

“The fact is that LaVar Ball is a significant pop culture icon. My job is to create a collectible element for personalities like him. We’ll now see if the market is real, not based on what people will pay to first buy them, but what they will resell them for.”

http%3A%2F%2Fhypebeast.com%2Fimage%2F2017%2F06%2Flavar-ball-autographed-trading-cards-deal-00b.jpg

LaVar Ball CEO of Big Baller Brand sure knows how to stay in the spotlight; so it comes as no surprise the father of Lonzo Ball — projected top-2 pick in the upcoming NBA Draft — continues to cash in on the family name. This time Papa Ball has just scored himself a trading card deal, where he will reportedly sell autographed cards for $59.95 USD a piece.

Backed by Leaf Trading Cards, each card will feature a unique catchphrase from the leader of the Ball clan. Expect to see “$495 ain’t enough,” “If you can’t afford the ZO2′s, you’re not a big baller,” and “Lonzo better than Steph Curry!” written across each. Interested buyers can head over to eBay to try their luck. Leaf’s CEO Brian Gray explains the company’s decision in choosing Papa Ball:

“The fact is that LaVar Ball is a significant pop culture icon. My job is to create a collectible element for personalities like him. We’ll now see if the market is real, not based on what people will pay to first buy them, but what they will resell them for.”

http%3A%2F%2Fhypebeast.com%2Fimage%2F2017%2F06%2Flavar-ball-autographed-trading-cards-deal-00b.jpg

:rofl: :rofl: :pimp:

Isn't that literally what the commercial is doing?

When it boils down to it, i think that some people don't like Lavar Ball b/c his confidence and bravado makes those who are unsure of themselves MORE unsure of themselves.

Shout out to all the NTers that tried their hardest to hold back a smile during that commercial. I know yall want to hate the Ball family so bad but it's tough when they do fun stuff like this.

Actually, IMO most people clown on Mr. Ball because he is put in front of their face 24 hours a day like he matters. It's similar to the Tim Tebow affect. The media likes to say how "Tebow is so polarizing" when in reality most people don't really even have a problem with Tebow - he seems like a nice guy. Rather it's the fact that he's covered hour after hour like he is Michael Jordan and people just get tired of it. We don't need to know the daily happenings of Tebow or the parent of an NBA draft kid.

This dude is really bad boy era Diddy :rofl:

This is a good move. I bet all of those kids that go crazy for him in those Ball Is Life YouTube videos will be trying to snatch up one..

The fact of the matter is he gets attention.  Its easy to market yourself when its all eyes on you.

I mean, this guy got on First Take, all the FS1 shows....THAT's what caught my eye about the guy.  Like, how did he just get on TV so fast? 

He's smart af to make the most of his popularity as quickly as he did.  If he had an agent or some advisors, it would be game over imo

Back
Top Bottom