The Fall of Paypal vol. Who is Ayden?

So eBay is now going to use your bank account to deposit payments, deducting all fees beforehand.

At what point do we cancel PayPal? How do you guys use it with venmo being so popular? I'm getting sick of all these companies having my bank account on file. Might have to open a dummy bank account.

Screenshot_20201211-092421~3.png

Last edited:
So eBay is now going to use your bank account to deposit payments, deducting all fees beforehand.

At what point do we cancel PayPal? How do you guys use it with venmo being so popular? I'm getting sick of all these companies having my bank account on file. Might have to open a dummy bank account.

pypl still owns venmo, right?

That new eBay setup is trash. I’m not too fond of PayPal, but one of the reasons I sell on eBay is that when you sell an item, I like getting paid right away, and between PayPal’s instant transfer get your money in a few minutes option and having had a PayPal debit card before the instant transfers were a think. The convenience aspect was big for me.

That managed payments crap eBay is doing is going to be an annoyance to people who’ve been used to getting their funds right away. I don’t feel like waiting 2-3 days for funds to transfer to my bank.

I’m trying to find some positives in it. I guess them taking fees out right away so you’re not hit with some huge invoice and buyers not being able to file a claim with PayPal if things don’t go their way with eBay are good. But eBay needs to get it together so you get your money right away when you sell something.

That new eBay setup is trash. I’m not too fond of PayPal, but one of the reasons I sell on eBay is that when you sell an item, I like getting paid right away, and between PayPal’s instant transfer get your money in a few minutes option and having had a PayPal debit card before the instant transfers were a think. The convenience aspect was big for me.

That managed payments crap eBay is doing is going to be an annoyance to people who’ve been used to getting their funds right away. I don’t feel like waiting 2-3 days for funds to transfer to my bank.

I’m trying to find some positives in it. I guess them taking fees out right away so you’re not hit with some huge invoice and buyers not being able to file a claim with PayPal if things don’t go their way with eBay are good. But eBay needs to get it together so you get your money right away when you sell something.
I've sold a couple of things with the new eBay setup and got my money in 24 hours. You change the payout settings to daily. But I've noticed it does take 24 hrs to show up in your account.

I've sold a couple of things with the new eBay setup and got my money in 24 hours. You change the payout settings to daily. But I've noticed it does take 24 hrs to show up in your account.

I have it set to Daily. I just made the switch on my account I use regularly. Was dealing with it on the other account I use since November. Since it’s so much easier to access a larger audience selling on eBay ima have to rock with it.

Yeah I can’t get jiggy with ebays manage payment. On one side, it takes 3+ more days to get your money and the fees are deducted instant. EBay said the fees would be cheaper but I don’t notice a difference. The only plus I’d say is not getting a final fee at the end of the month. Other then that, manage payment is trash. Bring back PayPal

Was wondering about this yesterday after I sold some items on ebay and they told me they now need my bank account info for me to get the funds. Would prefer for them to keep things the same but I love the fact that they took the fees out immediately instead of a month later.

Paypal will be around for a little bit. But yeah, still would prefer my eBay payouts to go through PayPal because of convenience of using the funds immediately.

Oh, well.
Well this sucks. I think I’ll just stick to buying instead of selling.
Yeah I can’t get jiggy with ebays manage payment. On one side, it takes 3+ more days to get your money and the fees are deducted instant. EBay said the fees would be cheaper but I don’t notice a difference. The only plus I’d say is not getting a final fee at the end of the month. Other then that, manage payment is trash. Bring back PayPal

This sucks. I’m still waiting for my payouts. eBay needs to make it so we relieve our cash instantly.

the lack of protection for sellers and now this has pretty much ended my tenure as a seller.

how do you not get a final fee at the end of month?

i am still getting invoices?

what black magic did you do?
i just had a crazy invoice fee hit my account the other day tell me the trick

how do you not get a final fee at the end of month?

i am still getting invoices?

what black magic did you do?
i just had a crazy invoice fee hit my account the other day tell me the trick
So on eBay manage payment they take out all fees when you receive payment. Instead of taking the fees all out at once. I just got my monthly invoice and it was $0. The only thing I don’t like of manage payment is having my CC info on eBay.

Interesting I see this thread, buddy of mine is heated with PayPal. He got a fraud email, in his inbox, saying his account was locked and he had to update his password. Changes password and money is withdrawn from his account at Wal-Mart in another state. Walmart says call PayPal and vice versa, never mind PayPal says the withdrawal is legit. Anything he can do or is this just a lesson learned the hard way?

So on eBay manage payment they take out all fees when you receive payment. Instead of taking the fees all out at once. I just got my monthly invoice and it was $0. The only thing I don’t like of manage payment is having my CC info on eBay.

i'm using manged payments and still getting monthly fees, idunno how you do it

but congrats..im pissed its still charging me monthly i didnt even expect it last time so that hit was huge because i was going hard selling smh

Interesting I see this thread, buddy of mine is heated with PayPal. He got a fraud email, in his inbox, saying his account was locked and he had to update his password. Changes password and money is withdrawn from his account at Wal-Mart in another state. Walmart says call PayPal and vice versa, never mind PayPal says the withdrawal is legit. Anything he can do or is this just a lesson learned the hard way?

1608391146452.gif

Damn he fell for the okie doke.

I got that email too, its a BS email address. If you hover over the link, the url is BS too. They just put the PP logo and reel in suckas.

Your boy gotta hold that L i guess.

Same here. Is there a way to make a paypal account that is not linked to your personal bank and info?
How would you make a dummy bank account?

Have not seen an Adyen commercial on TV in maybe a year.

Yeah that PayPal email is a scam. Never click links in those kind of emails, especially on mobile where you can't click over the URL. Always go directly to the website and see what's going on (in that case if he was able to log in with the password, you'd know it was bogus) . They go to spam folder eventually. Hope the friend changed his password already.

Last edited:
Same here. Is there a way to make a paypal account that is not linked to your personal bank and info?
How would you make a dummy bank account?
Just go to one of the popular banks and open an account to use for BS like this. I keep my Capital One credit card (with a $500 limit) on file. They have good fraud protection from my experience. If I ever use my bank debit I make sure to delete it after my purchase. I've heard of too many people's lives turn upside down from fraud.

Just go to one of the popular banks and open an account to use for BS like this. I keep my Capital One credit card (with a $500 limit) on file. They have good fraud protection from my experience. If I ever use my bank debit I make sure to delete it after my purchase. I've heard of too many people's lives turn upside down from fraud.
This would still link your personal info to the bank account. Still need to provide name and social to open an account

Lesson learned

he basically letsomeone take over his account, PayPal will not give him his money back regardless wher the withdrawal was done they had access to his account to do it

didn’t know people
till fell for those emails lol

Back
Top Bottom