The Fall TV Cheat Sheet: What's cancelled and what's coming back

Girlfriends was canceled because it was too expensive to resume production after the Writer's Strike.

I'm glad ABC brought back Better Off Ted, even though it's ratings weren't that good. It's a very clever, funny show, and I'm gladit's coming back.

Not too happy about Scrubs coming back, but if ABC ends up getting My Name is Earl, I'd love to see them do a "Cancelled byNBC" block.

I'm assuming it's a budget reason as to why Terminator was canceled and Dollhouse wasn't since Terminator got higherratings.

Not surprised Everybody Hates Chris and The Game were axed. 1) They were on Fridays, 2) The CW wants to get rid of sitcoms altogether.

The biggest shocker here is clearly 'Til Death being renewed since FOX pulled it off the air eight episodes in the third season and stillhasn't aired the rest of it.

^ is right about the CW they are getting rid of all or almost all of their half hour comedies. The Game was trying to morph into a hour long Dramodey as youcan see from the finale, doesn't look like it worked.

Originally Posted by mFury

Girlfriends was canceled because it was too expensive to resume production after the Writer's Strike.

I'm glad ABC brought back Better Off Ted, even though it's ratings weren't that good. It's a very clever, funny show, and I'm glad it's coming back.

Not too happy about Scrubs coming back, but if ABC ends up getting My Name is Earl, I'd love to see them do a "Cancelled by NBC" block.

I'm assuming it's a budget reason as to why Terminator was canceled and Dollhouse wasn't since Terminator got higher ratings.

Not surprised Everybody Hates Chris and The Game were axed. 1) They were on Fridays, 2) The CW wants to get rid of sitcoms altogether.

The biggest shocker here is clearly 'Til Death being renewed since FOX pulled it off the air eight episodes in the third season and still hasn't aired the rest of it.
mad.gif

90210 got renewed i believe because of its success in the 18-49 demo. Apparently thats the rating that the execs far and away care about the most. Thats whythe CW loves gossip girl so much. It doesn't pull in huge numbers overall, but for the CW its a monster in 18-49 so they get way more cake for the ad time.

Originally Posted by MR MONDAY NIIGHT

gossip girl is
pimp.gif

but 90210? G A R B A G E

Hey, don't diss 90210. It improved quite a bit after they fired the two executive producers and replaced them with a new one.

Originally Posted by mFury

Originally Posted by MR MONDAY NIIGHT

gossip girl is
pimp.gif

but 90210? G A R B A G E

Hey, don't diss 90210. It improved quite a bit after they fired the two executive producers and replaced them with a new one.

I haven't kept up with it since that episode with Lauren London

Fringe
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
I love this damn show

Smallville is still on?? Has he turned into the regular superman yet??

Fox has a pretty good lineup, i never watched the terminator series to know if it was good or not.

Lie to be shoulda been kept for another 2 years, pretty dope show.

I'm sorry 90210 is garbage. I gave that show a chance; very lame. Gossip Girl was good but the storylines this season have been absolutely wack; Ican't even stomach that show any longer. The Game never had a shot. How could you move that show to a Friday night??? Half of the people who faithfullywatched the show before it got moved to the Friday night time slot are probably out and about on a Friday night. I know that I'm RARELY home on a Fridaynight and as a result I had to set my DVR to see the show. Secondly, alot of people who watch the show never even knew about the move because it was neveradvertised. The only time that you would see advertisements for The Game was when the show was on. It's sad that our shows never get an equal shot and wetake all the garbage time slots. I'm officially done with the CW; my tv will NEVER be on that channel.

Originally Posted by pacmagic2002

Smallville is still on?? Has he turned into the regular superman yet??
That's another thing--I'm REALLY hoping this is the last season of Smallville. They've been dragging this
f5235c65ebf573f38059f18252fd782f6562674.gif
out for the last, like, four seasons.

R.I.P. The Game, Everybody Hates Chris and King of the Hill.
frown.gif
tired.gif

Originally Posted by toine2983

R.I.P. The Game, Everybody Hates Chris and King of the Hill.
frown.gif
tired.gif

I hope FOX releases that last few episodes that were produced. They were going to give it a 14th season until the official cancelation.

Seth MacFarlane and his crappy shows have that network by the balls.

Smallville needs to be canceled already. Desperate Housewives is a shell of its former self. Lost its appeal three seasons ago.

wish king of the hill wasnt cancelled. sit down and shut up was on for what like 3 weeks

eek.gif
eek.gif
Smallville still lives? I dead +%$ thought the show been done years ago. I remember watching this in like my sophomore year of H.S. (2004), maybeearlier. I really want to go through the entire series, but I don't have the time nor the patience for it.

Back
Top Bottom