The Flash (CW Series) thread, season 9

Been wanting to check Swamp Thing, heard it was good. dc needs to stop cw getting shows though. We all know their shows are crap quality. The dc network has titans and doom squad, what other live shows are they developing?

Been wanting to check Swamp Thing, heard it was good. dc needs to stop cw getting shows though. We all know their shows are crap quality. The dc network has titans and doom squad, what other live shows are they developing?
Once that DC streaming service merges in to HBO Max I'm not sure anything new is being developed.

Came in here thinking yall was going to be discussing the season finale yesterday :lol: .
I mean once I knew the season had to cut the last 3 eps cuz of the shut down I knew we weren't getting what was intended.

And after watching ep19 didn't feel like a season finale at all. A lot of logic was missing

Mirror master succeeds, kills her husband and gets her company back. Doesn't bother to kill Flash and co., claims not to be an enemy, doesn't give Iris and the rest back.

The entire season been off going back to Indian Venom. Flash took Ls and the bounce backs have been compromises; lose trust in the speed force leads to the death of it, lets the multiverse die gets reborn minus a few universes, completely loses to Mirror Master.

I mean once I knew the season had to cut the last 3 eps cuz of the shut down I knew we weren't getting what was intended.

And after watching ep19 didn't feel like a season finale at all. A lot of logic was missing

Mirror master succeeds, kills her husband and gets her company back. Doesn't bother to kill Flash and co., claims not to be an enemy, doesn't give Iris and the rest back.

The entire season been off going back to Indian Venom. Flash took Ls and the bounce backs have been compromises; lose trust in the speed force leads to the death of it, lets the multiverse die gets reborn minus a few universes, completely loses to Mirror Master.

Indian Venom gets me every time :rofl: :rofl:.

I had no idea it had to get cut short but that makes sense with this pandemic.

i had a feeling it was due to long shoot days/hours for tv shows that she wasnt going to enjoy much especially since she was somewhat "big" or known to begin with

BATWOMAN: New Details About Ruby Rose's Exit From The Series Have Emerged

The statements released at the time seemed to suggest that it was Rose's choice to part ways with the show, but if a new report from TV Line is accurate, it sounds like it was actually a mutual decision... at best!

Apparently, Rose has been unhappy for quite some time, and never really got used to the long hours required of her to lead a major TV series. It's also said that she did not acclimate well to life in Vancouver, where the show if primarily filmed.

“It wasn’t 100-percent her decision,” reveals the site's source. “It was a breakup. She wasn’t happy working on the show, and did that make her fun to work with? No. So everyone decided it would be in the best interests of the show, and for all concerned, if they parted ways. It just wasn’t a good fit.”

i had a feeling it was due to long shoot days/hours for tv shows that she wasnt going to enjoy much especially since she was somewhat "big" or known to begin with

BATWOMAN: New Details About Ruby Rose's Exit From The Series Have Emerged

The statements released at the time seemed to suggest that it was Rose's choice to part ways with the show, but if a new report from TV Line is accurate, it sounds like it was actually a mutual decision... at best!

Apparently, Rose has been unhappy for quite some time, and never really got used to the long hours required of her to lead a major TV series. It's also said that she did not acclimate well to life in Vancouver, where the show if primarily filmed.

“It wasn’t 100-percent her decision,” reveals the site's source. “It was a breakup. She wasn’t happy working on the show, and did that make her fun to work with? No. So everyone decided it would be in the best interests of the show, and for all concerned, if they parted ways. It just wasn’t a good fit.”

Ive heard several folks say they hated shooting in Vancouver but what did she expect with a CW TV series. Ruby Rose thinks she's bigger than what she is and she should of been delighted to work on this. She's a HORRIBLE actress :lol: and only gets casted because of her "look".

I'm already wondering who will replace her.

But yeah over the past 20 years there's always been talk about how trash it is to live/work in Vancouver; Smallville crew, Roswell, etc

Then how lucky shows like One Tree Hill were to not shoot there. Black Lightning also exclusively shoots in Atlanta. I remember Calista Flockhart left Supergirl cuz they filmed in Vancouver.

I'm already wondering who will replace her.

But yeah over the past 20 years there's always been talk about how trash it is to live/work in Vancouver; Smallville crew, Roswell, etc

Then how lucky shows like One Tree Hill were to not shoot there. Black Lightning also exclusively shoots in Atlanta. I remember Calista Flockhart left Supergirl cuz they filmed in Vancouver.

Damn I didn't know Vancouver was this bad with the living/work for the actors? I wonder why its so brutal. I see a lot of people shifting to shooting in Atlanta and other places. You know whats the reason for directors/studios to film in Vancouver?

Damn I didn't know Vancouver was this bad with the living/work for the actors? I wonder why its so brutal. I see a lot of people shifting to shooting in Atlanta and other places. You know whats the reason for directors/studios to film in Vancouver?
It's cheaper, tax write offs, and I think the CW got an even sweeter deal for how many shows they film there. Like the majority of them.

I've read in the reddit thread today for Ruby Rose leaving it was because she hated working long hours and people mentioned its 12-16 hours, 6 days a week for 10 months shooting for all the CW shows. Then I remembered reading a few years ago Stephen Amell talking about the long hours shooting all day. I dont understand how these actors do it man. Couldn't be me

Whats wrong with Vancouver though? I heard nothing but good things. Maybe the weather sucks I wouldnt know

Anyone check out Stargirl :nerd:?
It was aight. I wish the character was at least college age. I don't care about no high school character and stupid high school drama that's gonna be on the show. Just too many garbage dc shows on cw.

I got up to a few eps of batwoman before I got bored and stopped watching. Am surprised Ruby quit already. This is her first tv show as the lead and seasons having so many episodes can be grueling. Plus she must've had to turn down a few good movie roles. Didn't know so many actors hated shooting in Vancouver. Always heard it was a beautiful city.

It was aight. I wish the character was at least college age. I don't care about no high school character and stupid high school drama that's gonna be on the show. Just too many garbage dc shows on cw.

I got up to a few eps of batwoman before I got bored and stopped watching. Am surprised Ruby quit already. This is her first tv show as the lead and seasons having so many episodes can be grueling. Plus she must've had to turn down a few good movie roles. Didn't know so many actors hated shooting in Vancouver. Always heard it was a beautiful city.

I dont think it has anything to do with Vancouver per se. Its more that they're away from friends/family for months and it gets really cold

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom