The future of the LBJ line?

Now that Lebron has won his first championship, I have been considering something.
Do you think that his line will ever reach the same height as Jordan Brand has?

In the late future, can you see retro Lebrons and such?

Just something to think about, though it may be too early to say.

not-this-conversation-again.gif

The future im sure is very bright for Bron Bron. Nike really needs to issue those Lebron championship rings that they had in the " Ringmaker" commercial. I would like to keep that lion headed ring next to my pairs on display. Anyone know of that ring possibly releasing as a limited edition piece?Im sure after winning, Nike is @ least putting out one ELITE CW....

The line had a lot of potential, but after the IV the designs became too conservative/repetitive. The shoes are forgettable to say the least.

who cares about the championship, even if he didnt win his shoe is still the best on the market behind jordan and/or penny. the pricing is going to be ******ed tho, 315 for some shoes? get out of here lol.!

I think the lebron line has potential to be bigger than jordan brand. The 9s are the best looking shoe out right now and I thinknit will only get better while JB fell off design wise totally after 14 and had some questionable pairs before that. The quality has always been good and the pricing was good until lately.Plus with the way things are going shoes are praised more for aesthetics than the story behind them and the brons have that on lock

Originally Posted by Futuristic

The line had a lot of potential, but after the IV the designs became too conservative/repetitive. The shoes are forgettable to say the least.

yea u know what your talking about, the 7,8,9s have all been highly successful releases  

Ok, let's just think about this for a second. Most people that started buying sneakers faithfully got into it for 2 reasons. 1, to keep up with the joneses with the newest, hottest designs, and 2, because they wanted to be like their favorite player. Hence the "everybody wants to be like Mike" campaign. Hell, I'll still catch myself sticking my tongue out every once in awhile when I'm going in for a drive. How many people do you know that want to be like Lebron? Sure, people wish they had his game or his ridiculous physical gifts, but to actually BE him? I bet the number is relatively small. EVERYONE born between 1975-1992 at some point wanted to be Jordan. Or if they didn't want to be him, they hated his guts with a passion unmatched in sports fandom because of what he did to their team. That level of universal adoration has been pretty much unrivaled before or since. Nike's ability to turn that adoration into a longstanding line and profits revolutionized the way people think about shoes, sneakers especially. Lebron has none of these things going for him. At best, it's great for him that he's starting to win titles in a time when sneakers happen to be the new, hot thing. I don't think this will translate into anything like the behemoth that is Jordan Brand. And let's not forget, just a few years ago even major Jordan retro releases were sitting for months and hitting outlets.

On top of all of this, I have a strong feeling that Lebron's line won't stand the test of time like a lot of Jordan's sneakers. There's something simple and classic about the majority of Jordan's from I-XIV (aka the ones that will be constantly retroed), that's not true for Lebron's. The main thing that's drawn people to Lebron's line is the wild colorways, and unfortunately those aren't going to hold up too well in a couple of years. You think bell bottoms look crazy now? Imagine what you're going to think about a pair of bright orange glow in the dark sneakers, or a pair that's bright teal/aquamarine with pink hilights. Watching a Wale interview is going to be like watching an interview with Lionel Richie in the 80s.

I think that with the themed colorways, and hype behind the "limited" releases that this line has created, the sky is the limit. As long as they don't jack up the prices as we saw with the $250 9's, this line has a lot of potential.

Originally Posted by bucknuteagle

Ok, let's just think about this for a second. Most people that started buying sneakers faithfully got into it for 2 reasons. 1, to keep up with the joneses with the newest, hottest designs, and 2, because they wanted to be like their favorite player. Hence the "everybody wants to be like Mike" campaign. Hell, I'll still catch myself sticking my tongue out every once in awhile when I'm going in for a drive. How many people do you know that want to be like Lebron? Sure, people wish they had his game or his ridiculous physical gifts, but to actually BE him? I bet the number is relatively small. EVERYONE born between 1975-1992 at some point wanted to be Jordan. Or if they didn't want to be him, they hated his guts with a passion unmatched in sports fandom because of what he did to their team. That level of universal adoration has been pretty much unrivaled before or since. Nike's ability to turn that adoration into a longstanding line and profits revolutionized the way people think about shoes, sneakers especially. Lebron has none of these things going for him. At best, it's great for him that he's starting to win titles in a time when sneakers happen to be the new, hot thing. I don't think this will translate into anything like the behemoth that is Jordan Brand. And let's not forget, just a few years ago even major Jordan retro releases were sitting for months and hitting outlets.

On top of all of this, I have a strong feeling that Lebron's line won't stand the test of time like a lot of Jordan's sneakers. There's something simple and classic about the majority of Jordan's from I-XIV (aka the ones that will be constantly retroed), that's not true for Lebron's. The main thing that's drawn people to Lebron's line is the wild colorways, and unfortunately those aren't going to hold up too well in a couple of years. You think bell bottoms look crazy now? Imagine what you're going to think about a pair of bright orange glow in the dark sneakers, or a pair that's bright teal/aquamarine with pink hilights. Watching a Wale interview is going to be like watching an interview with Lionel Richie in the 80s.
My dude, comparing Lionel Richie to Wale is a cardinal sin. The former is a global icon while the latter will be known for posing WDYWT fits on a sneaker forum.

Originally Posted by Big Nasty

I hope they retro Lebrons, I will be in heaven.
You'll be in heaven... or hell when you see the increased price tag and the atrocious low quality of the retros.

The hype will only continue to build now that Bron won his first chip. This seems like the first real year where other sig shoes besides Jordans have been able to even come close in hype and popularity. I'm all for retroing some of the older models, but I just hope they don't over saturate the market with a ###! ton of retros and new colorways like JB has.  

As Lebron's career goes, so goes his sneaker line. If he can churn out 5-7 chips and be the dominate figure in those runs, coupled with Nike being able to furnish classic silhouettes, then of course Lebron's line can match or surpass Jordan's 

imho the only lebrons worth retroing are the air zoom generation, the 7s and the 9s and maybe the 4s otherwise they are trash and look like my 7 year old brother could have designed them
roll.gif

Did Lebron ever get any offers from JB? Just curious, because signing with Nike was obviously the better choice when looking at, say, Melo's line.

If you didnt have the last lebrons you didn't want them. They sat and went on triple Clarence, all of the colorways. If you want them now, you're a beast. Close thread

Lebron was originally planned for the Jordan line 10 years ago but Nike decided to give him his own line and identity.

i hope not. out of the 9 shoes. the only one worth retroing is the II's and thats a stretch.

Originally Posted by Zyzz

i hope not. out of the 9 shoes. the only one worth retroing is the II's and thats a stretch.

Your opinion sir, as much as I respect it, is fallable.

Originally Posted by Shox23

Originally Posted by Futuristic

yea u know what your talking about, the 7,8,9s have all been highly successful releases  

laugh.gif
I read that puzzled if he was serious.

Back
Top Bottom