The Gap Band Appreciation vol. Charlie Wilson > Aaron Hall

Not sure how much appreciation this gon' get here. Glad you left some joints for me to get up....

"I'm Satisfiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiied"......

"So I got to get UP!.........Everything'll be aaaaaalriiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight"

Was actually never a big fan of "You Dropped A Bomb On Me" though.....

"Early in the Morning" is a great son man, thanks for posting up this thread! I'm younger, so I wasn't around when they were big, butI've gone back and listened to their songs after liking Charlie Wilson's solo stuff.

Charlie still doin' it though. He had that "First Name Charlie....Last Name Wilson" @@!@ poppin' off not too long ago.

Snoop had him on some joints not too long ago as well. He was on "Signs" with Snoop and Justin Timberlake. Not a bad look.

Why you throwin' darts at Aaron Hall though? Nasty Man! HA!

Just Curious... What made you choose Aaron Hall to compare him to?

Phil you just made me open my itunes and get that Outstanding going
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by illphillip

Charlie still doin' it though. He had that "First Name Charlie....Last Name Wilson" @@!@ poppin' off not too long ago.

Snoop had him on some joints not too long ago as well. He was on "Signs" with Snoop and Justin Timberlake. Not a bad look.

Don't forget he was also on the Snoop song "Beautiful" which was a big hit.

Originally Posted by Seymore CAKE

Just Curious... What made you choose Aaron Hall to compare him to?

Phil you just made me open my itunes and get that Outstanding going
pimp.gif
People say Aaron Hall bit Charlie WIlsons "style", Their voices are extremely similar. Listen to a Guy track and listen to a Gap Bandtrack when they got into the New Jack swing era.

Good post OP back in Detroit every party or family get together my uncles has he throw on some old school and we get our hustle on so you already know
pimp.gif

::

1) Charlie Wilson was also on the Snoop song "Perfect" which is a sequel to "Beautiful"
Actually, him and Snoop and Pharrell made quite alot of tracks together...

2) Charlie Wilson and Aaron Hall are BOTH appreciated and both have some of the best male voices

Originally Posted by ZSong

1) Charlie Wilson was also on the Snoop song "Perfect" which is a sequel to "Beautiful"
Actually, him and Snoop and Pharrell made quite alot of tracks together...

2) Charlie Wilson and Aaron Hall are BOTH appreciated and both have some of the best male voices

Dont get me wrong I effs with Aaron Hall, but Charlie is the OG.

Originally Posted by r00m112

Originally Posted by illphillip

Don't forget he was also on the Snoop song "Beautiful" which was a big hit.

I forgot he was on "Beautiful", and that record was my %%## for real at the time.

I can see the Aaron Hall comparisons. Different eras though. Aaron did his thing. Guy was HUGE when I was growing up. I still wild out to "I Like".

But Gap Band %%## is TIMELESS.

LMAO at that title. The Gap Band is appreciated nonetheless. Yearning For Your Love is my favorite song by them.

Seriously though, listen to this, you might just get those two confused...

This is the kind of music I grew up to, Gap Band is probably my favorite group ever. I can listen to Early In The Morning back to back a whole day.

funny thing, tonight im going to his concert. Prairie View AM has him for there homecoming.
So he is deff
pimp.gif

Hey_

Originally Posted by Mangudai954

This is the kind of music I grew up to, Gap Band is probably my favorite group ever. I can listen to Early In The Morning back to back a whole day.

smokin.gif

Julius F. Wrek

Originally Posted by houstonsnk

funny thing, tonight im going to his concert. Prairie View AM has him for there homecoming.
So he is deff
pimp.gif
Heres a pic. And my free tickets were
pimp.gif

Man... Charlie Wilson is one of those cats where you hear him sing, and you just start shaking your head
laugh.gif

His voice is nuts, and he can do absolutely anything he wants with it. It's so limber and he has ridiculous control. Him and the Gap Band as a whole areincredibly underrated.

And as much as I love Aaron Hall's voice, he'll never ever sing like Charlie. He has vocal strength, but he's nowhere near as smooth.

Back
Top Bottom