The Glove Thread / Zoom Flight 98

WOW WHAT A MAJOR DIFFERENCE!!!!!!! The monkey paw on the OG is huge! No wonder guys were complaining about it not protecting anything. It is purely decoration now. The white retro shows how cheaply the shoes have been done.

Point on. I didn't notice this, I just pulled out my OG pair and sure as **** it is much smaller.
Damn....

I agree with a lot of you (and have thought so all along) that these need to be on ID. I love the inside colors of the abyss and volts but the covers kill them for me. The abyss are too busy and we already have a solid black shroud in the original black/whites. Also, the Heat and Volts are missing that little added touch with the inside toe piece not being a contrasting color. The Heats look just like a red sock and would've been so much better if that inside toe piece was black. The volts/lakers would've popped more if that inside toe piece was purple or even volt. little things would taken them so much further. The Gloves were/are such a simple recipe, but because of that they're so easy to mess up.

Green abyss

Green abyss

The inside of the cover ruins these even more :x That white looks so unfinished, and cheap :x

Im disappointed to see it looks like Nike totally eliminated the 2 piece molding process for the toecap/sole on all the pairs as a cost cutting measure. The orange toecap with the black rand and orange midsole accent looks really out of place.

I agree with a lot of you (and have thought so all along) that these need to be on ID. I love the inside colors of the abyss and volts but the covers kill them for me. The abyss are too busy and we already have a solid black shroud in the original black/whites. Also, the Heat and Volts are missing that little added touch with the inside toe piece not being a contrasting color. The Heats look just like a red sock and would've been so much better if that inside toe piece was black. The volts/lakers would've popped more if that inside toe piece was purple or even volt. little things would taken them so much further. The Gloves were/are such a simple recipe, but because of that they're so easy to mess up.

I agree 100%

I was excited for the red pair, but seeing the recent pictures was a major disappointment. Sock is right :x :smh:

Did people get their END orders in yet ?

Nope. Not even a shipping confirmation.

on the fence with buying the white ones... should i buy whites or black? with both, ill have them unzipped, but i think the whites have a grey color from the sides when its unzipped

on the fence with buying the white ones... should i buy whites or black? with both, ill have them unzipped, but i think the whites have a grey color from the sides when its unzipped

If your deciding between the retro white/black/green and the retro black/white/red.... Cop the black ones, no contest.

Personally I liked the OG white/green more, but on the retros the corner cutting is VERY obvious just by looking at them for a second.

Toecap, leather toe rand, unlined cover, white exoskeletal print, black swoosh on tongue = a no go for me

PAYTON HAS BEEN called many things — abrasive and arrogant, affable and admirable — and we still have 25 alphabet letters to go. The point guard, nicknamed The Glove for his impenetrable defense, survived the drug-infested streets of Oakland, improved amid the smoke-filled coaching of Ralph Miller at Oregon State and thrived under the emotionally charged leadership of George Karl in Seattle. He almost played his way to irrelevance early in his NBA career, and then he became so good that he could back up everything that came out of his infamous mouth. And he did it all his way, with a cocked head, a snarl and a glare.  Humble beginnings. Brash ending. That is the Gary Payton story.

If those Seattle Sonics joints don't drop....I'm cool with the OG Black/Whites.

All other colorways are underwhelming. :smh:

Last edited:
Those on feet pics of the green abyss can't even make me reconsider :x those are definitely the worse of the bunch so far

Camo no doubt is on its way ... we already know lol

And im sure the GITD may surface too.

The OSU and Wht/Blk are nice ... I dont know about yall but if Nike would have ONLY released the OG Blk/White I wouldnt have been mad at all

Back
Top Bottom