The Glove Thread / Zoom Flight 98

Played a couple months back and saw a young blood wearing a pair of OG Gloves. His dad was there hoopin too, and I was givin him a hard time about wearing his dads old shoes.

Originally Posted by jecca650

Man we rocked these hard in my middle school too. I remember everyone had these on the bball courts.

yessir. remember those days
ohwell.gif

mannnn i remember these in middle school too everybody even chicks were rocking them lol

Originally Posted by Luigyvintage

Getting close!
pimp.gif
http://sneakernews.com/20...-flight-98-the-glove-pe/

YES!!!!  Hopefully this is a sign of good things to come.

Spotted during the NBA Jam Live event in China (a six-day NBA showcase presenting some goodies of the American sport to the Chinese fanbase) was Gary Payton wearing the Nike Zoom Flight ’98 ‘The Glove’ in a white PE colorway (you can see his classic ’20′ jersey stitched on the upper). Last November, during a quick chat with a fan, Payton alluded to a Retro release of ‘The Glove’ for the Holiday 2012 season, and although we haven’t come across any updates as of yet, we’ll certainly keep you in the necessary loop. Also present at the event were NBA stars Brandon Jennings and DeMar DeRozan, some up-and-coming NBDL players, and fellow 90′s legend Horace Grant! Check out GP and his Zoom Flight ’98s after the jump and let us know how excited you are about the ‘The Glove’ making a comeback! Photos: NBA China

Originally Posted by dankenstien88

Getting close!
pimp.gif

Spotted during the NBA Jam Live event in China (a six-day NBA showcase presenting some goodies of the American sport to the Chinese fanbase) was Gary Payton wearing the Nike Zoom Flight ’98 ‘The Glove’ in a white PE colorway (you can see his classic ’20′ jersey stitched on the upper). Last November, during a quick chat with a fan, Payton alluded to a Retro release of ‘The Glove’ for the Holiday 2012 season, and although we haven’t come across any updates as of yet, we’ll certainly keep you in the necessary loop. Also present at the event were NBA stars Brandon Jennings and DeMar DeRozan, some up-and-coming NBDL players, and fellow 90′s legend Horace Grant! Check out GP and his Zoom Flight ’98s after the jump and let us know how excited you are about the ‘The Glove’ making a comeback! Photos: NBA China

it doesnt mean anything.. it's just gp wearing his PE's nothing more..

Originally Posted by TheGoldenChild

Getting close!
pimp.gif

it doesnt mean anything.. it's just gp wearing his PE's nothing more..

Im still very excited about this because it means there is no way Nike can use the "we destroyed the mold" excuse.

This is evidence that Zoom Flight 98s are still in production somewhere, even if it is in uber limited quantity's.  It would be really interesting to find out what factory these were manufactured in.

NIKE, JUST DO IT!!! Release these already !!!

Hot dog, very good news. Don't like what they did to the swoosh, but even if they did release like that I'd buy

Payton's got style. He knows it's the best sneaker ever.

Out of curiosity, did anybody play with these with the zipper down?

Originally Posted by RunningoftheCarmines

Luigyvintage wrote:
Getting close!
pimp.gif
httphttp://sneakernews.com/2012/05/21/celebrity-feet-gary-payton-nike-zoom-flight-98-the-glove-pe/://sneakernews.com/20...-flight-98-the-glove-pe/

Actually, I agree with TheGoldenChild, that means sh*t until we get a confirmation from a nike rep.

Unless ya'll are literally too young to remember when Payton played for the Heat, he actually wore Glove PE's left and right.  And yet we never got any release of it.

73439953_display_image.jpg

72818494_display_image.jpg

Getty-Images-Sport6.jpeg

71025512_display_image.jpg

display_image.jpg

payton1.jpg

I remember. Had me all psyched 5 years ago too !   

I still view this as a great sign of things to come ! There has to be a reason why Nike has kept the equipment to produce these shoes. They have to have future plans to re-release these... eventually. I also take this as a good sign because when we finally do get some 98 retros; there is NO REASON they should not look just like the OGs, since the mold still exists. Nike can keep these if they release with some friggin Hybrid 360 soles.  

Haters can keep hating all they want but Im still very happy to see this. This is probably my favorite shoe ever and seeing GP wear new colorways (even if it is only every 5 years) gets me REALLY excited. 

This is almost like an Urban Legend to me...

...My Favorite kicks...    that have not come out in over 15 years... make a suprise appearance every few years...    

This means Zoom Flight 98s are still being made by Nike SOMEWHERE, in some factory on some island SOMEWHERE ! ...its proof positive they still exist !!!

This is like a personal "Arc of the Covenant" containing the ablilty to produce endless amounts of my "Grails" 

Its kinda like finding out Toyota has a secret manufacturing plant in Japan where they still build MKIV Supra Turbos... Only on a much smaller, less signifigant scale...
laugh.gif

NIKE HAS THE TECHNOLOGY NIKE HAS THE TECHNOLOGY NIKE HAS THE TECHNOLOGY

NOW USE IT !!!!!  AND MASS PRODUCE THESE PUPPIES ALREADY !!!!!!

I remember these like yesterday man...
My older cousin had the white pair, with them unzipped ON his feet when he was shot and killed in front of the crib when I was 11.....
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
tired.gif

Ever since then I've been wanting a pair to rock for him man.

Originally Posted by TheGoldenChild

still have my pair.. i love them... hope nike re-releases them

14dq04w.jpg
Man one of my favorites! I remember 3 years ago SportieLA had a street sale and I snagged a pair of these in the black/white/gold colorway for $40. Biggest steal ever!! Brought me back to high school

everyone is getting hyped.. and for what? there has been no confirmation by any nike rep or anyone else... GP can talk all he wants, but people know that's what he's been doing his entire career... so no, i'll believe it when it has been confirmed..

Originally Posted by xilegacy

Originally Posted by swooshbeast

I would really like to see GPs blk/red PEs from when he was playing with the Heat.

(not my pic)
nobody has these
I had them but they came in Payton's size so couldn't fit them ended up selling it.

They should so release this colorway, but no quickstrike limited bs

Back
Top Bottom