The Glove Thread / Zoom Flight 98

eek.gif
 @ the placement of the zoom air in the GP's. I didn't know it was placed that way. Kinda dope.

Originally Posted by Animal Thug1539

eek.gif
 @ the placement of the zoom air in the GP's. I didn't know it was placed that way. Kinda dope.
which is why i would dread a pair of retros...you know they won't even be close to that...hell we'd be lucky if they even put zoom air in them at all.
as i was typing this, why don't they make an "updated" version with a lunar cushioning set up? it would be much better than whatever cheap/crappy zoom air replacement they would decide on and the lunar midsole could easily be formed to mimic the original midsole.

You guys are silly... of course they're not gonna do that separate-Zoom-placement. We all know they're gonna put a AM2009 airbag on it! 
tongue.gif

Originally Posted by BigPUNoy

Originally Posted by Animal Thug1539

eek.gif
which is why i would dread a pair of retros...you know they won't even be close to that...hell we'd be lucky if they even put zoom air in them at all.
as i was typing this, why don't they make an "updated" version with a lunar cushioning set up? it would be much better than whatever cheap/crappy zoom air replacement they would decide on and the lunar midsole could easily be formed to mimic the original midsole.
You're probably right, but for the love of god, nike for once should produce a retro that's close to the original in performance and material. I'd even pay $200 for it. Better than paying 170 for some jordan retros or new lebrons

I have a feeling GP was serious when he said they're dropping in Oct. The pippen sonics were kept under wraps until a few days before release. Down side is they're probably going to be some limited QS HOH BS.

Originally Posted by Al Bundy5

I have a feeling GP was serious when he said they're dropping in Oct. The pippen sonics were kept under wraps until a few days before release. Down side is they're probably going to be some limited QS HOH BS.

Ive had the same thought ... Crazy as it sounds, if nike has plans to turn this shoe into the next Hypebeast shoe with a dumb ultra limited tag I would almost rather these not release at all... Almost.

I know Ive said this before but again for good measure...
Originally Posted by dankenstien88

I have been looking forward to these more than ANY other shoe since news of a possible re-release first broke, but Im really starting to think these might not be coming out this year.

... And if they are I am afraid they will be on some lmited hyperstrike Ray13s HoH crap.

So that being said...           I dont know exactly how early is too early to start "putting in work" but if for some reason these release and are nearly impossible to get ... Someone please look out for a fellow NTer and GP fan. 

Please....

Pretty, pretty, please...
tumblr_lpxplorVKL1qii6tmo1_500.gif

Please... ?

Originally Posted by dankenstien88

Originally Posted by Al Bundy5

Ive had the same thought ... Crazy as it sounds, if nike has plans to turn this shoe into the next Hypebeast shoe with a dumb ultra limited tag I would almost rather these not release at all... Almost.
I can understand that. Nothing is worse than seeing one your favourites re-release and not being able to get it because nike won't be satisfied unless the chaos to get it ends up on the nightly news.
It's like nike's on a mission to reduce inventory costs to a few hours on release day. Crazy. The profit they'd make by producing enough units to last each store a week or so would far surpass inventory costs

Originally Posted by bence23

Originally Posted by BigPoint

Originally Posted by TheGoldenChild

still have my pair.. i love them... hope nike re-releases them
Man one of my favorites! I remember 3 years ago SportieLA had a street sale and I snagged a pair of these in the black/white/gold colorway for $40. Biggest steal ever!! Brought me back to high school
Hate u 
frown.gif
eyes.gif
eek.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
just saw this! 

Originally Posted by SinnerP

These were from last year in China... silver.
Pics are not mine.

127363234941722big.jpg
1273632344f78afbig.jpg

1273632337e5602big.jpg
1273632333645e3big.jpg
127363232979652big.jpg
1273632325a2df2big.jpg
1273632318782edbig.jpg
12736323102cee4big.jpg
1273632307477b7big.jpg
12736323017e9f9big.jpg
1273632296e02a6big.jpg
1273632290dee92big.jpg
1273632284bd3f4big.jpg
127363227942960big.jpg
127363227744605big.jpg
12736322695267ebig.jpg
12736322621851abig.jpg
12736322564ecfcbig.jpg
127363225353436big.jpg
12736322501ede4big.jpg
1273632246e93e4big.jpg

Oh man, I just got these off Craigslist yesterday and was worried they were fake until I saw this. I must have just gotten super lucky as mine have the same promo tag and all, just no autograph. Now I feel like I got a steal 
laugh.gif
 I have been looking high and low for Gloves everywhere. I hope they truly do retro these and make them accessible so I can get my hands on both the blk/wht and wht/blk pairs.

Originally Posted by jballerNY

these shoes were off the chain back in the day. i hope the retros look on point. need pics!

I agree.. everyone at my school had them (I'm from seattle area though) had white/carolina blue pair and *##@ ripped 2nd time I wore them playin ball..
tired.gif

1998. Middle school days. 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Payton was right though, the zipper would never stay up if you were hooping in them. But that's an easy fix, I would love to see these drop again.

wanted these OH SO BAD :smh:

Dude, all I need for them to do is Retro air missions and damn Diamond Turf 4s.... LOL all the other dope stuff from my childhood has been rereleased...I just need those 2 and the cypher will be complete!

Hittin Groove supplied me with my pair as well! :lol:\
Definitely can't wait for another pair.
They will be heavily slept on though.

Back
Top Bottom