The Glove Thread / Zoom Flight 98

Like 3 years ago I found a pair of the black/white's in my size DS on fleaBay. The seller wouldn't ship to Canada though. :smh:

this has happened to me countless times......I feel your pain

Last edited:
Am I in the minority and dislike (very much) when people come in this thread and say...... "Man, they need to drop 'x' shoe!!". Or instead of talking about the Gloves aka zoom flight 98, they talk about every other shoe in his line.

This thread is specifically for the Glove that are releasing in the Fall. Please don't clutter this thread!! smh.

(climbs down from soapbox)

I just want the OG colors and that's it. Maybe his Miami colorway too.

No need to flood the market Foamposite style.

Retro+ looks :smokin those better be easily attainable.

So now that these are definitive... Who else wants to see these on NikeID ?

I mean... they've had the Zoom Flight 5s up for YEARS !!

man...these shoes are a instant cop! They bring back so many memories...i hope nike drop the gp zoom's to

Can't wait to see the construction and durability of these... I think we are going to have stitch and zipper issues.

Can't wait to see the construction and durability of these... I think we are going to have stitch and zipper issues.

The OGs have zipper issues too. I had a pair before I got the ones I have now, and somehow I unzipped too far and the zipper came off the track. I still can't put that damn thing back on there. :lol:

Lol!! At the zipper stories!!

I went through 2 pairs with zipper issues. Finally went with Barkleys cux I needed my hooping shoes.

My plan is to buy 2 with the expectation that the pair I wear will have zipper issues!! Lol!!

Pretty sure Ive mentioned this before... but I think Nike figured out the Zipper problems a long time ago.

The Nike Flight 98, Early SOGs, and T-bugs were the only shoes Ive ever seen made with these thin fragile zippers. All of these shoes with the problem zipper released in 1998. Starting as soon as late 1998/early1999 Nike began using a different thicker zipper. This is the same zipper used on FP1s and has been the only zipper Ive seen used on Nikes since 99.

What was the zipper like on the Flightposite II retro? I never ended up getting the retro. I just have the OG black/obsidian-orion ones. The zipper will probably be of the same quality of those or the Zoom Flight Club's.

What was the zipper like on the Flightposite II retro? I never ended up getting the retro. I just have the OG black/obsidian-orion ones. The zipper will probably be of the same quality of those or the Zoom Flight Club's.

FPs and FP2s OG and retro all used the same thick plastic zipper with the boxy articulated pulltab. The pull tab on the flight clubs was different but the zipper was the same as all nikes with zippers made since 99.

Back
Top Bottom