The Glove Thread / Zoom Flight 98

So is there going to be a restock on thursday or no? If so, is it nationwide or just east coast? Also  I noticed nike has removed them from the release calendar.

Alright. Side by side coming...

I noticed a few things right off the bat. Hopefully I can get some good cell shots. :lol:

If someone got an og do a side by side comparison curious to see the differences the 90's is blur for me lol

Dont have OG black/whites for comparison, just white/green but these are the differences I know of

- OG said ZOOM AIR on the heel where these say THE GLOVE (OG white/greens also said THE GLOVE) I think they changed the heel for the white greens because the way it was written sideways on the OG black/red made it look like NOOE AIR

- OGs had a translucent red monkey paw and sole/ Retros are solid red

- OGs had slightly pearlecent white synthetic leather on the toe rand/ Retros have pure flat white

- OGs had no insole/Retros have a removable insole

- OG had 5 seperate tiny air sole units/ Retros have 2 air sole unite (heel and forefoot) IMO retros are actually more comfortable but that might be because the air in the OGs is flat by now

- Swoosh on the heel of midsole is much deeper set on the OG/ Retro is molded closer to surface

-OG had silver/grey laces/ Laces on retro are white

-"exoskeletal / 1.5 articulation" lettering is silver/grey on OG and white on retro

- "Flight" lettering on OG was white/ Red on retro

-OG had exposed grey/black carbon shankplate / retro has black/black plastic coated shankplate

All differences aside.... They still look phenomenal :nthat:

Last edited:
Oh yeah.... and they fixed the piddly thin zipper that everyone always broke and replaced it with the standard locking swoosh zipper used on other Zippered shoes since 99 :lol:

and OGs had a black swoosh on the velcro tab/retros have a white swoosh

Last edited:
I hate how after release day almost every thread turns into ppl having useless arguements for pages n pages. Along with resell value bot talk and negative nellys dissin xx shoe.

Grown men actin like kids on the internet

If someone got an og do a side by side comparison curious to see the differences the 90's is blur for me lol

Dont have OG black/whites for comparison, just white/green but these are the differences I know of

- OG said ZOOM AIR on the heel where these say THE GLOVE (OG white/greens also said THE GLOVE) I think they changed the heel for the white greens because the way it was written sideways on the OG black/red made it look like NOOE AIR

- OGs had a translucent red monkey paw and sole/ Retros are solid red

- OGs had slightly pearlecent white synthetic leather on the toe rand/ Retros have pure flat white

- OGs had no insole/Retros have a removable insole

- OG had 5 seperate tiny air sole units/ Retros have 2 air sole unite (heel and forefoot) IMO retros are actually more comfortable but that might be because the air in the OGs is flat by now

- Swoosh on the heel of midsole is much deeper set on the OG/ Retro is molded closer to surface

-OG had silver/grey laces/ Laces on retro are white

-"exoskeletal / 1.5 articulation" lettering is silver/grey on OG and white on retro

- "Flight" lettering on OG was white/ Red on retro

-OG had exposed grey/black carbon shankplate / retro has black/black plastic coated shankplate

All differences aside.... They still look phenomenal :nthat:

I don't think that it's that the OGs don't have an insole, it's that the insole is actually stitched to the shoe.

You mentioned pretty much all of the differences, and my pics support those:

Also when you mentioned the "deepness" of the Swoosh on the heel, I noticed that there are other spots where the grooves aren't as deep as the OG.

I just noticed that I didn't take a pic of it, but on the OG, the insole is red with "Zoom Air" in black, where the retro is black with "Zoom Air" in red. The upper feels thicker than the OG as well.

Last edited:
JordanJunky
NCTwin

Thanks for the great pics. Much appreciated

2013 version looking pretty nice. Frankly I prefer some of the minor changes

Nice comparison pics up there 
smokin.gif
 the 13's are pretty solid from the looks of it.. especially that zipper 

Good looks NCtwin, Repped :nthat:

I also just noticed in addition to the swoosh color change the Velcro tab on the retros is nubuck whereas its a textured synthetic on the OGs

Im comparing mine to my white/green OGs, so I dont know if its different for the black/red OGs but the heel pulltabs seem much thinner on the retro. Not thin as in width, but the material has a flimsier texture.

How does the neoprene compare to the OGs? Im pretty impressed, but I dont have the OG to compare with.

I noticed the white/green retros cut a huge corner on their synthetic leather upper. The OG white/greens feature a reinforced synthetic upper; Its like they had a lining sewn directly under the synthetic, while the retro sample pics Ive seen have only a single exposed and nappy layer when you roll them down.

Edit: Just snapped some pics... heres the difference Im talking about

Retro:

OG:

Last edited:
It never occurred to me how similar certain aspects of this shoe are with the flightposite Is. I never owned the OG of these so I was kinda clueless.
these sneaker are a DIRECT predecessor of da flightposite I

Zoom-Flight-95-ad%281%29.jpg

ill start with these because i can't find pics of da original zoom flights...these are obviously zoom flight 95'

nike-air-zoom-flight-96-1.jpg

zoom flight 96'

jason-kidd-nike-zoom-flight-5-b-l.jpg

zoom flight V aka zoom flight 97

nike-zoom-flight-98-the-glove-2013-retro-16-570x364.jpg

zoom flight 98 da glove

silver-nike-flightposite-retro-confirmed-1.JPG

then da series branches off into its own flightposites series after da I's

but maintained a zoom flight lineage continues with flagship flight nikes dropping every year...

2000-01-Air-HyperFlight.jpg

hyper flight in 2000

img_2105copy.jpg

zoom flight turbine (dropped in 2002)

040421_1_p.jpg

then it went to zoom flight 2k3

air-zoom-ultraflight.jpg

and zoom ultra flight

nike-basketball-1992-2012-nike-air-zoom-huarache-2k4-05.jpg

then da kobe zoom flight huarache 2k4

mKTtXCHNpk3QCmhax4urWFg.jpg

zoom flight huarache 2k5

then they went to a elite set up where one sneaker had 3 different tooling (shox, air max, zoom air)

and were team sneakers...they're ugly soo...

NI314183-010_thum1_120_1206_24277.jpg

zoom elite 2k6 in da zoom hurache set up..

Nike_Shox_Elite_TB.jpg

zoom elite 2k6 in da shox set up...

then they did da same thing in 2k7...then i stop caring entirely and i forgot da rest or stop paying attention..

m3rcCvle3nrz5LNnvqPARhg.jpg

Is there a set release date for the whites or is all just a general guessing game like it was/is for the blacks?

I remember the zoom flight turbine came out when i was 8th or 9th grade,  nobody was F'n with em at all ...

'04 '05  rolled around and our local marshalls had all kinda of cways on sale, dudes was flockin to marshalls to grab em rockin em like the new J's

i was sitting there like 
mean.gif
 .... aint nobody like these before now its the in shoe. 

I stuck with the af1 and other classics, they were ugly iMO

Last edited:
lemme also add that one of da most under rated flight releases ever were these...

nike-zoom-flight-club-1.jpg

da zoom flight club...signature kicks for tony parker at da time, they were a celebration hybrid of da entire flight line..

nike-zoom-flight-club-4.jpg

da more you looked at em da more genius they were...da carbon fiber lace reference from da 95's, da zipper set up from da 98's, da F letter from da early 90's, da flgiht wings logo,

even da outsole and midsole were a modern interptation of da air flight 89 (da very first flight sneaker ever)

nike%20zoom%20flight%20club%20tony%20parker%20Shoes%20%20Basketball%20Shoes%20-%20Black%20and%20Red.jpg

nike-air-flight-89-01-1-640x426.jpg

pay close attention to da traction pod shapes, and colorblocking as well as da midsole shape and how it weaves in and out...exact match.

if nike does one thing well its paying homage...

I remember the zoom flight turbine came out when i was 8th or 9th grade,  nobody was F'n with em at all ...

'04 '05  rolled around and our local marshalls had all kinda of cways on sale, dudes was flockin to marshalls to grab em rockin em like the new J's

i was sitting there like 
mean.gif

$19.99 at ross!

Flight clubs were slept on hard. I regret not scooping a couple of the colorways...

i was sitting there like 
mean.gif

dont get it twisted, they were copping em to play ball...flight tubines is probably top 10 ugliest nikes ever

Good looks NCtwin, Repped
nthat.gif

I also just noticed in addition to the swoosh color change the Velcro tab on the retros is nubuck whereas its a textured synthetic on the OGs

Im comparing mine to my white/green OGs, so I dont know if its different for the black/red OGs but the heel pulltabs seem much thinner on the retro. Not thin as in width, but the material has a flimsier texture.

How does the neoprene compare to the OGs? Im pretty impressed, but I dont have the OG to compare with.

I noticed the white/green retros cut a huge corner on their synthetic leather upper. The OG white/greens feature a reinforced synthetic upper; Its like they had a lining sewn directly under the synthetic, while the retro sample pics Ive seen have only a single exposed and nappy layer when you roll them down.

Edit: Just snapped some pics... heres the difference Im talking about

Retro:

OG:
Oh MAAAN! Lol. It looks turrible... That is Crazy Wack! ...Cheap SOB's if they release that way.

Welp, that just solidified my Decision on Not Copping the White/Blk Retros. Thanks bro.

I'm fine w/ my Black Gloves as my only "Glove" Pick Up. Awesome shoe & so much nostalgia for me. They can keep those Fugazi 2013 Colorways.

Money Well Saved.

Last edited:
Wow... That looks pretty bad. I'll only consider buying the neoprene uppered pairs.

Back
Top Bottom