The Glove Thread / Zoom Flight 98

Gonna pass by a some spots after class today to see if I can pick these up with the bday coupons. Hopefully I'm not too late

I feel you , but me.... I use my military discount, ANY chance I get. I earned it.. I use it lol.

Nothing against you bro.

I look to use my military discount rarely, but Footlocker is one of those places where sometimes purchases hinge on if they'll allow me to use it (Foams,Lebrons, and pricier Jordans).

back to the kicks at hand..

I had the OGs in middle school and I'm very,very impressed with these. I'm going to wear them into the ground, good job Nike.

These fit like a glove pun intended :lol: tried them on last night just to check and like every other shoe TTs for me. They feel soooooo comfortable on feet.

Got em on feet today. The soft white leather creases a little hard though. So clean on feet though. Nothing but compliments.

Got em on feet today. The soft white leather creases a little hard though. So clean on feet though. Nothing but compliments.
too bad they didnt use a harder thicker grain of leather ...because i noticed that when looking at my pair that the white leather looks thin....

Last edited:
too bad that didnt use a harder thicker grain of leather ...because i noticed that when looking at my pair that the white leather looks thin....
yeah it creases really fast but all in all in satisfied with the quality. Your right about a thicker grain though

Glad I copped mine on Saturday not alot of hype here in Dallas for them. Any Dallas heads Nike Dallas just got their shipment in yesterday and had a full size as of 8pm.

Son of Gloves sat on shelfs back in the day.
...They sat on shelves WHERE YOU LIVED.

Bottom line, back in the day, it was VERY RARE for a Shoe to Sell Out within the 1st Week of Release b/c most often the Hype wasn't there and there was so much awesome Footwear out that people didn't sweat it like that. There were more than enough sneakers produced w/o the worry of Hype or even the Internet for that matter. Lol

And anyways, so have many of the Retros they're releasing... Never stopped Nike before... has it?

How are these moving in the DMV? I'd love to pick these up when I go back home for Christmas since I don't live somewhere where we get many sneaker releases.
Scattered sizes everywhere, but expect a restock around thanksgiving/christmas. Given Nikes track record...

These are really easy to cop compared to all the madness across the boards (bel airs, Asics, new balances,...)

At least there's still some sacred ground left in the playing field

Edit: stumbled across a pile all in my size range 8-9.5 at a local spot last month.

Yes OGs :smokin
So you found some shoes from '98 in a store a month ago?

So torn on whether or not to double up. Got my pair on Saturday, but thinking about trying for another on the NDC release. And I agree, the son of gloves were super dope with all of those colorways!
I never double up on shoes, but these r worthy!

I love these retros. Great Job, Nike. 

I've worn them everyday since Saturday, got a 10.5 and thought they were snug at first, but after wearing them the whole weekend, and today, they're one of the most comfortable shoes I own. Up there with the Penny 5 in comfort when it comes to recent releases.
This.

Quality imo is excellent. Just hope Nike don't pimp it out like the Griffeys.

So you found some shoes from '98 in a store a month ago?
lol i was thinkin the same thing, like how is that even possible. Shoes just got lost in the back for 14/15 years hahaha

and how does one wear a size 8 up to a 9.5 IN ONE BRAND lol ... i could see maybe between nike/reebok/addidas or something which a whole size n half is strange but yeah

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom