The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly of ESPN....vol. 2

The Good

-
ESPN-30-for-30.jpg

arguably the GREATEST thing I've ever seen on ESPN.� Film making/story telling at it's finest.� Must see TV.� Well done, ESPN.�

-
e60_logo.jpg

excellent journalistic pieces...you get to see a different side of sports through these 12-15 minute stories.� I love them.

-
michelle-beadle-gunslinger-1.jpg

Michelle Beadle....is she the best looking girl on the network?� No.� But, she seems like the coolest girl they got up there in Bristol.� She's got the perfect mix of looks, personality, and knowledge of sports...

- Rachel Nichols & Lisa Salters on E:60...more specifically in Black & White.� I never really noticed how nice they look until the color left the screen...not bad at all.

-
dm_100414_nfl_gruden_mccoy_camp.jpg

Jon Gruden's QB Camp...why did it take ESPN so long to get Gruden to do this?� If you want to see QB prospects games being broken down, these would be the perfect segments for you.�

-
77668_cropped.jpg

Comedy.

The Bad

-
magicjohnson.jpg

Other than his presence, he brings NOTHING to the table for the ESPN/ABC broadcasts.� His interviews are horrible, and you learn next-to-nothing hearing him speak about certain teams and players during pregame/halftime/postgame.� If you want to understand basketball a little better, listen to Hubie.�

-
avery_johnson.jpg

Still got a kazoo stuck in his throat...and still pronounces EVERY syllable in a word.� Close to unbearable to listen to.

-
tim%20tebow.jpg

It's not his fault, but ESPN will let you know if he farts.�

-

the lowest moment in ESPN's history.� This will FOREVER be on the list...and they couldn't have picked a better cornball to pull it off.�

-�
tx_joemorgan_all.jpg

The resident Pinnochio of ESPN.� The fabrications and lies he tells are ridiculous...he'd say some %@@% like "I remember playing guitar as a member of The Beatles..." and not miss a beat when telling the story
laugh.gif
� Joe Morgan is one of a kind....

-
erin-andrews-peephole-video-link.jpg

The Franchise.� Yes...we know she's sexy...and so does she.� As much as she'll complain about her "privacy" being invaded, deep down she knows that incident is going to propel her career to new heights.� The voyeur vid did more good than harm...she's playing it up into a role on DWTS, and I'm sure she'll bolt ESPN for a bigger payday somewhere else....all this for being a sex-symbol/SIDELINE REPORTER!�

-
RECEDAVIS_IMAGES_1823_MEDIUM_633561232208242041.jpg

No issues w. Reece Davis...but I really didn't know where to put this.� But next time you catch him on the tube discussing WNBA or women's college hoops, just look at his face.� He's got the look of a guy who's just waiting for a sniper to take him out of his misery....

-
chris_berman_really_annoying_1.jpg

Retire.� Please.� Nicknames were funny back in the mid 90's...give up the schtick.

-
crisCarterback.jpg

He's got STRONG eyebrows...and they're probably arched/plucked better than your own girl.� However, someone needs to tell Cris that the ESPN studio is not a barber shop.� Dude STAYS yelling....
smh.gif

The Ugly

-
williamsjay.jpg

I know this is Malta's boy....but %@@%, if ESPN said we're going to come up with a new network called ESPNJ, he'd love it because he'd have the chance to hear himself talk 24-7.� I dunno how he keeps getting opportunities on TV....

-
legal_services.jpg

ESPN deciding what civil cases to cover
nerd.gif

well, that's all I got for now....add more to the list....

laugh.gif
good start w/ the personalities

The Good: PTI (even though i don't care for wilbon after his flippant comments about ST and he still says dumb things here and there, love the show though)
Around the Horn

The Bad: anything pertaining to top 10 anything ...

The Ugly: Soccer knowledge/coverage ... i guess they trying to improve
Jim Rome iono where to put him 

- Rachel Nichols & Lisa Salters on E:60...more specifically in Black & White.� I never really noticed how nice they look until the color left the screen...not bad at all.
roll.gif

Sorry it doesn't save Nichols for me
laugh.gif
, can't believe she hasn't fix her teeth after all this time.

pimp.gif
- ESPNews Sunday Football recaps are Great, Mike Hill, Eric Allen, Darren Woodson, Herm Edwards

smh.gif
- I cant even watch Baseball tonite anymore. I swear I watched that every single nite 2 yrs ago.
smh.gif

pimp.gif
- Sunday Morning Match up is still good money to wake up to

smh.gif
- PTI is wack now.

pimp.gif
- ESPNU is Dope during Football season

smh.gif
- Skip Bayless is unwatchable

pimp.gif
- Bryan Kinney and his Boxing coverage is Perfect

pimp.gif
- Desmond, Fowler, Corso & Herbie

smh.gif
- Brent Musberger

pimp.gif
- Reece Davis Lou Holtz

smh.gif
- Mark May

pimp.gif
- Tre Wingo

smh.gif
- Eric Kasilias

Mike & Mike, Brian Kenny/Dan Rafael, Barry Melrose and Buster Olney & Timmy Kurkijan in the good.

John Kruk definitely in the bad and put his fat @++ in the ugly too.

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

smh.gif
- Eric Kasilias
Can't stand the guy on the radio or on tv.  He always uses that he was a lawyer when trying to make an argument about something.  Lame.

Along with the ones mentioned. . .

The Good
svp.jpg

Along with his radio show, SVP is one of the few bright spots on ESPN.

brown_254.jpg

I always love watching games Hubie Brown gets. His knowledge of the game is refreshing.

T1_0510_hannah_russell.jpg

Has Hannah always been this pretty? When I was a kid and she was on NBA on NBC, I really didn't notice.

The Bad
14146227.jpg

How this guy has a gig with ESPN seriously baffles my mind. He knows NOTHING about sports and he comes off as a prick and berates his callers, yet when someone is in the studio on SportsNation, he's riding them like Secretariat.

dm_090202_nfl_reillyessay.jpg

I used to love Reilly's articles in SI. But since he switched over to ESPN, his articles have been half %$+ and he just tries to hard whenever he's on TV.

doug-gottlieb.jpg

He just comes off as arrogant. Talking about character but come on Doug, remember the whole credit card incident?

The Ugly
DM_090217_hubertdavis.jpg

Hubert Davis' hairline. Thing is more inconsistent than Eddy Curry's diet

I actually like The Herd with Colin Cowherd. He says some funny ##@+.
On the other hand, and I can't believe this hasn't been mentioned yet, but ESPN's constant D-riding of LeBron
smh.gif

Originally Posted by shabooyah1124

T1_0510_hannah_russell.jpg

Has Hannah always been this pretty? When I was a kid and she was on NBA on NBC, I really didn't notice.
I dunno what they did to her at ESPN, but she's looked AMAZING over the past 2 years or so....

Originally Posted by Durden7

I dont understand the hatred for ESPN.

Seriously?

I don't even watch that *!#% anymore unless it's a live game. It's in the same category as MTV,VH1 and BET to me nowadays

Originally Posted by CincoSeisDos

Originally Posted by Durden7

I dont understand the hatred for ESPN.

Seriously?

I don't even watch that *!#% anymore unless it's a live game. It's in the same category as MTV,VH1 and BET to me nowadays

its only as bad as you make it. I swear some of you guys watch ESPN just looking for things you hate not looking for scores or whatever
laugh.gif

I think Jwill keeps getting opportunities because people still feel sorry for him or something.

I can't believe no ones mentioned their constant coverage of brett favre over the years, probably just because it hasn't been bad this year. Along with Tebow and LeBron, those are the people they d-ride the most and can get away with murder in espns eyes.

That stu scott poetry jam sucked, I can't believe I forgot about it. Spoken word!!

Good thread. I have a conspiracy type question.

Do you think Stu Scott is still being told to, "Expand our demographics?" - if you know what I am trying to say? I am sure comments likke, "Lil Ray Ray and Boquisha and them are coming to the party," or whatever corny stuff he used to say. My question is do you think he was and is still being told to act a certain way.

The GREAT which is missed by millions of fans

^ I don't think so. Not a bad theory and I wouldn't put it past espn but I just think he's that much of a cornball on his own

Back
Top Bottom