The HOBBIT: The Battle of the Five Armies (Dec 17, 2014) -

Oh. So it looks like people don't like the Hobbit as much because it's not as faithful to the story that Tolkien wrote.

I have never read any of the books (plan to sometime in life), so it's all good to me. It may seem filler to the Hobbit readers, but for me, I would love anything that brings me back into the world of Middle Earth.

The Lotr middle earth stories are up there with the Star Wars universe. The thing is, Lucas is still alive and Tolkien is not. So Lucas can write, pass on and bless any SW related stories which means unlimited SW content for the rest of our lives. However Tolkien isn't around to write or bless secondary work, so we are pretty much left with what he wrote almost a century ago.

I love these movies. 
pimp.gif

I remember I tried to read the silmarillion in 6th grade and it was too much for me 
laugh.gif
 wonder if they'll ever attempt to adapt that

I need to read up on sauron. After watching 5 movies i'm still not sure what kind of being he was.

I remember I tried to read the silmarillion in 6th grade and it was too much for me :lol:  wonder if they'll ever attempt to adapt that

I don't think WB has the rights for that book, they'd have to buy it from the Tolkien family iirc.

God words cannot explain how much I ******* love Lord of the Rings. Very excited for this movie.

I remember this. they went to get the stuff from that dragon and then, had to wait a year before this comes out.

I saw it last week and it was really good. Felt short, though.

Thorin is that dude. :pimp:

Last edited:
Saw it last night. Imax 3d.

Not a big fan of 3d.

This has to be the longest action scene in cinematic history. I think the battle takes place for 85% of the film lol

Legolas is And 1 Mixtape king of Middle Earth

Came very close to shedding real tears after the battle

Thought it could a bridged the gap to FOTR better

Been walking around all morning saying "Because it was reaalll" like Thranduil

Last edited:
I thought this movie would house my favorite battle scene beating out Helm's Deep. Na. I will say though when Dain's army confronted the orcs and thranduil's forces hopped over them shield b :x :wow: :smokin :smokin

Last edited:
This one better be good. The first two were underwhelming.

Word. The book was all the way turned up especially for this final battle. The way it played out in my head....Crazy.

Highly doubt the film lives up to my expectations.

I think this one is my favorite out of the entire series. Even more so than ROTK. So much action.

Back
Top Bottom