THE HUNGER GAMES: May The Odds Be Ever In Your Favor

The movie was dope. Jennifer was beautiful.
I thought the movie went by FAST.
Understandable since its a good size book.
I just wanted the relationships to be more detailed. Her ad Rue, I wanted to see more of Foxface and her last scene depicted.
I wanted Hatmich character to have more screen time.
Madge
Was still a great film. If you didn't read the book te movie explains everything.
It was a dark movie too. I didn't expect it. No forced comedy

Just saw it earlier and it reminded me of the Condemned with Stone Cold with less testosterone and obvious seeds planted for the eventual love triangle for the sequels.

Read the book then saw the previews and had to pass . Seeing that it is rated pg 13 there probably isn't any heavy blood or violence.

Just came back from this with shorty. Movie was
pimp.gif

I didn't read the book, but saw the movie today and it was great. And i was surprised at how many kids were at the theater to watch this movie. 

Originally Posted by EcruteakCityBoy

Read the book then saw the previews and had to pass . Seeing that it is rated pg 13 there probably isn't any heavy blood or violence.

See kids this is what happens when you assume. The movie was great alot of blood and violence, not sure why you'd think a movie about fighting to the death wouldnt have much violence...

To be honest I didn't really care if there was. I heard so much about how good the books are, that I would have been pissed if there was alot of blood and gore with a garbage story. I just don't understand passing on a good movie, meh...

Just got back from seeing it....

Really good movie...defintiely did the book justice, but...

Spoiler [+]
Woody Harrelson and Lenny Cravitz though? lol...and I really wish they would have talked up the dogs being the former tributes....

Just came back from seeing the movie and I was entertained. Personally, I think seeing the visuals of the battle helped the book. But I would still say the book has a slight edge over the movie....And it does remind me of Battle Royale. Anyway, I underestimated the blood and action of this film. My cousin was saying there wasn't too much blood, but that opening of the games, I was impressed.

I had no idea that Thresher and Rue were black. I really wish the movie re-enacted the book where Thresher destroyed Glimmer. Darn...Oh well.

Originally Posted by In Yo Nostril

Originally Posted by Im Soooo Hungry

eyes.gif
Battle Royale rip off.

250618-1020-a.jpg
yeah... reminded me of this somewhat.
Enjoyable movie, but I still find the premise of the movie a bit weird... this is supposed to be a teen movie? Although the violence and (lack of) gore is apparent. 
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by ohboydanny

Jennifer Lawrence could easily get it. She alone is the reason why I'll check this movie out.
I've loved her since First Class 
embarassed.gif
embarassed.gif
embarassed.gif
embarassed.gif

Originally Posted by In Yo Nostril

Originally Posted by Im Soooo Hungry

eyes.gif
Battle Royale rip off.

250618-1020-a.jpg
battle royale ripped off the running man, lord of the flies and the most dangerous game. whats the difference between BR and the hunger games? a fully realized world, and story. 

Originally Posted by JKomorowski09

why is this so hyped. i honestly dont even know what this is, what its about, or anything.
Any book thats converted to a film gets hyped. 

Originally Posted by JKomorowski09

why is this so hyped. i honestly dont even know what this is, what its about, or anything.
In the time it took you to type this out and reply, you could have just looked it up on Google.

I didn't read the book, but I would give the movie like a 7/10. It seemed like there were a ton of characters and very little development.

Battle Royale x "The Lottery" by Shirley Jackson (if you took high school English you probably read this)

pretty good movie, ending was cheesy how they kinda changed the rules then changed them back for more drama but I realize it's a setup for a trilogy

frown.gif
Rue

loved the reality tv spin of it too, I wouldn't mind seeing some of those VH1 fools fight to the death either

Dude cant be srs saying best movie of the year so far? lol
But anyway I liked the film a lot.

Originally Posted by dluck8689

Dude cant be srs saying best movie of the year so far? lol
But anyway I liked the film a lot.

This is NT..Dudes say "Best Film of the year so far" about movies that came out on January 4th

Originally Posted by JRAdagreat72

Just got back from seeing it....

Really good movie...defintiely did the book justice, but...

Spoiler [+]
Woody Harrelson and Lenny Cravitz though? lol...and I really wish they would have talked up the dogs being the former tributes....

Oh you serious? They were? Wooooow, interesting.

I saw a midnight showing Thursday night, loved it. The movie passed pretty fast for me, I was mad there wasn't more really I got into it lol...I thought I'd be tired at first lol. I have the book in my car but I haven't read it yet, couple friends hyped me up on it so I decided to tag along and I'm so happy I did. Any ideas when the next movie will come out? I'm ready.

Oh and Katniss...would so completely get it, she is FIRE(no pun intended
laugh.gif
)

Back
Top Bottom