the "i know he's great but i still ain't Effin wit him" thread

*I know other people think they're great, but I still ain't Effin with them*

'Pac
Public Enemy
De La Soul (watered down Tribe IMO)
Mobb Deep (got Infamous, not really interested in anything else)
Drake
Budden, sorta

Can't think of anyone else, really.

Jigga
Nas
Eminem
2Pac

Honestly, I attribute this to ignorance.

I haven't listened to many of the mentioned artists' songs.

I'm not ruling them out by any means, but until I become interested enough to listen to more of their material, they will be ignored (for the most part).

Feel free to put me on to the 3-5 best tracks from each.
nerd.gif

BIG L
Em
Drake...dont know why is a 100 + page on him...the females from jjb must've came over here and posted
all of the hiphop founding farthers...some of them dudes didnt even write them songs
alot more others

Originally Posted by gone in 60 seconds

Originally Posted by Wasps and Asps

how yall dont see Pun was nice?

i can understand everybody else in here tho.

Title says,"I know he's nice but I still ain't effin w/ him"

yea i know, i said it wrong.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

its aight tho, dont mind me

Originally Posted by retr0sxual

Jigga
Nas
Eminem
2Pac

I'm not ruling them out by any means, but until I become interested enough to listen to more of their material, they will be ignored (for the most part).

nerd.gif
how old are you and where's your home town? curious.

and i'm well aware of scarface's portfolio....da problem is i got a admitted NYC bias.....i make a mental note of "if im rockin ____ and he'snot from NYC then i better be blasting

some home town hero *%%# that much harder"

Originally Posted by ninjahood

Originally Posted by retr0sxual

Jigga
Nas
Eminem
2Pac

nerd.gif
how old are you and where's your home town? curious.
20 and Houston.

yeah thats why you ain't up on jay-z or Nas...cuz most people pick one or another, but when neither is picked its usually cuz your didn't grow up witheither illmatic or

reasonable doubt. in 1996 your was 7 years old when hov dropped and 94' was Nas, and your from houston so ya got ya own scene which compounds da situation.

for rappers

jay z
biggie
pun

all great, but never really made it into my rotation. no hate, just preference. talib too. he isnt a great like the 3 mentioned above, but outside of blackstarand reflection eternal i couldnt get into dude

Biggie
Pac

Never got into to them. I heard a lot of their songs but they just dont do anything for me

Originally Posted by ninjahood

yeah thats why you ain't up on jay-z or Nas...cuz most people pick one or another, but when neither is picked its usually cuz your didn't grow up with either illmatic or

reasonable doubt. in 1996 your was 7 years old when hov dropped and 94' was Nas, and your from houston so ya got ya own scene which compounds da situation.

what does that have to do with it? I'm 20 and from LA and Nas and Rakim are my favorite of all time and I LOVED Reasonable Doubt and I grew up with Tupac,NWA, Dre, Ice Cube, Snoop, Warren G (love their +*!$ too
pimp.gif
) being saints around here. Plus you were only 10 when Illmatic came out, so you can't trulyunderstand Illmatic at that age fully unless you're highly mature for your age and I was 5 when Illmatic came out and I damn sure didn't know diddlyabout it, but we both know those albums are
pimp.gif
x a zillion. Great hip hop is great hip hop and you hear about it regardless and you get you put on andlike/love it, if it's you're thing.

Back
Top Bottom