The Invincible Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
So the Vikings had a bounty program that same season? :rofl:

Putting bounties on specific players, too :rofl:
Favre out here snitchin :lol:

As a *former Saints fan this has me hot. Now I know how Deadset feels with Goodell's rulings. **** that ***** *** **** eating never played a sport in his life *** ****boy. Suspended Payton da Gawd for a year. Made Gregg Williams come back in disguise like bobby Valentine in the dugout.

View media item 2209911

hightower will be last man out. no way he's the odd guy out. he's the heart of our defense.
I honestly don't think so and I'm leaning towards Collins being the odd man out. Hightower calls the plays for that defense and was thrown into the leadership role. I think they see and understand his value.
butler then?

cant see it being Collins.. wouldn't be the first time the eagles signed a pats corner
nerd.gif

Mike Reiss ‏@MikeReiss 35s35 seconds ago
With @JamesWalkerNFL and @FieldYates, reporting that Patriots are acquiring LB Kyle Van Noy from Lions in a trade, per multiple sources.

@SneakerPro what's the deal with Van Noy?

mean.gif

Pats re-signing Butler, Hightower and Collins this off season
pimp.gif
they going be able to afford all 3?

honestly hope the eagles sign whichever one is the odd man out, probably hightower.. could mike him MIKE and then move hicks to WILL (bradham plays SAM)
They're gonna have a ton of cap space, but a lot of important pieces need to be signed too. My hunch is they don't keep all 3 of 'em.
mean.gif
Which is why I kept stressing before this season that it's sort of a do or die year for this team. No matter what happens, they're probably gonna look a lot different next year...

If I had to keep 2 out of the 3...I'm going with Butler and Hightower. Losing Jamie would be difficult and good luck trying to replace his athleticism. He is a *tad* bit overrated though. I'm a Hightower guy. I think he's the best defensive player on the squad.

Jamie is gonna get that BAG this offseason though. That type of skillset and physical makeup hitting the open market? From a Belichick coached squad? Bruh is gonna cash the **** out.

Last edited:
Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 1m1 minute ago
Patriots are acquiring LB Kyle Van Noy from Lions, multiple sources tell ESPN's James Walker, Field Yates and Mike Reiss

Bust to star in 3, 2, 1.......

Marquee NFL & CFB fan bases just as diehard if not more than European soccer fan bases.

Hell imo there's little in European soccer that compares to southern CFB fan bases.
Idk man. The derby matches in each of the european soccer leagues are super crazy. I dont think any rivalry in american football can rival the derby matches they have over there.
It's a difficult comparison to make. I've been to derby matches, been to Champions League matches, more or less a lifetime NFL season ticket holder as well. 

The European leagues and derbies aren't monolithic. Some derbies I've been to had great atmospheres, some didn't live up to my expectations and the common perception generated here in the United States. 

My perspective is that in general, NFL and particularly premier CFB venues have far superior game day atmospheres within the stadium. Nothing I've experienced in Europe can match the level of sustained noise that I've experienced at the Oakland Coliseum or Arrowhead in MO.  The only exception being a Partizan vs. Red Star derby match I went to in Belgrade, Serbia, no other soccer match I've attended comes close to that.

To be fair there are some key differences between European soccer and American football. Smallest NFL stadium is around 60,000. You can count the number of soccer stadiums in all of Europe that are bigger than that on both hands.  

European atmospheres are also more about organized crowd noise and synchronization, where as American football is more about uncontrolled incessant volume.

If you want to hear the quietest, most anxious, least passionate 100,000 fans you've ever heard in your life, attend an FC Barcelona match at the Camp Nou... up until that moment when a crucial goal is scored, then eruption of noise and the release of energy is insane.

Some European fans also incorporate some pretty impressive artistic displays, some also make use of props like flares, smoke bombs, and instruments which certainly add to the atmosphere.

But my main point was that the idea that the NFL needs to tap into European soccer fans to get a taste of real die hard fans, real passion, is absolutely ridiculous. I know that first hand.

Last edited:
Regarding Butler, he's a rfa after this year. Which means pats get him another year on the low unless your team is willing to give up a 1st lol. Hopefully we give him an extension soon tho.

I also think Jamie is the odd man out if we only resign some of our key players. Love him but hightower is so more valuable.

man that take is somewhat refreshing when you compare it to fitz going off on everyone with say and real power

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom