The Invincible Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Spending a 2nd rounder on a kicker I expect him to never miss from 45 and under unless once in a while the weather that he's playing in is so bad that it's nearly impossible for anybody to make kicks in, theres a bad hold or somebody comes in about to block it. I also expect him to make a good amount of the 50+ yarders and be able to make it up to 60 yards. This start that he's having is not good at all and now this dude is already having to see a damn mental coach after his second preseason game of his ******* rookie year? Bruh....this dude better not miss a damn thing from 45 and under during the regular season. It'll be pretty damn embarrassing if we spent that early of a pick on this dude only to let Connor Barth go to a division rival and succeed while we gotta call around to find a replacement midway through the year if Aguayo can't get his mind back on track.

Didn't you love the pick when it was made?

My recollection as well. [emoji]128064[/emoji]

I also remember dudes were pointing out how sus Aguayo's kicking stats were around draft time. Hit 1000% on baby boop kicking attempts, but anything over 40 yards his conversion % was awful.

Seeing a shrink before the season starts though? Shows the mental toughness of a toddler imo. As easy as those baby boop chip shots are, with something as mechanically redundant as kicking, if you loose your psych it's a wrap. Target starts to feel like it's only a foot wide.

Last edited:
Why are people surprised at the Bucs kicker? His #'s from 40 out in college were terrible

I don't have numbers in front of me but I know I've seen a few FSU games over the years and this post feels over exaggerated. He had to have been over 60% from 50+. He wasn't any worse than Alex Henery and he was a boss in college.

But I get it, college isn't the pros. Some guys might get the yips when they hit the next level.

Spending a 2nd rounder on a kicker

medium_nugent224.jpg

Granted he's still in the league but a 2nd round pick on a kicker... could have had a guy like Tuck or Sproles in that 05 draft.

Last edited:
Ummm maybe because he was :lol:

Roberto Aguayo is an American football placekicker for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers of the National Football League. He played college football at Florida State University, and was the most accurate kicker in ACC history and 3rd in NCAA history.

Like these dudes are saying those stats were fools gold and suspect. Damn and the Buccs traded up to get him too.

Last edited:
Ummm maybe because he was :lol:

Roberto Aguayo is an American football placekicker for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers of the National Football League. He played college football at Florida State University, and was the most accurate kicker in ACC history and 3rd in NCAA history.

Who cares?

He was only 72% from 40 yards +

He basically was great at kicking NFL extra points in college

This fool Aguayo just makes me appreciate dudes like Vinny the Gawd who's still in the league flourishing even though that strength aint there because of age...the accuracy always will be.

Those kinds of kickers are once in a lifetime though

Didn't you love the pick when it was made?

I absolutely did because I thought we solved an important position with a guy that could immediately be one of the best in the league. Am I not allowed to say that I'm pissed off that he's already missing chip shots like this? Never in my life would I have thought after two preseason games this dude was going to miss three field goals and an extra point and contacting a mental coach.

Kickers are weirdo's.

If you're a Bucs fan you just have to hope that he can get out of his own head.

If he can't, it's pretty much a wrap for him & his tenure in TB. :\

Spending a 2nd rounder on a kicker is a bad investment for most teams, esp those who have a number of holes that they need to fill.

I was happy to see him drafted there though, for his sake, as far as him being able to take care of his family & whatnot. And I'm not a Bucs fan so I really didn't care about what they needed to fill their team out with.

Last edited:
It's not looking good at all. Even before his injury, Jones didn't look good this preseason.

I want them to take a flyer on Karlos Williams. Sure he's out of shape now, but by the time his suspension is over, he'd have a good 7 weeks or so to shed 25+ pounds.

I think it would be a good gamble.

Los reported in at 261 lost weight and managed to gain some back over the course of camp.

Have to wonder where his head is at. If he had his brothers mentality this wouldn't even be a question, you definitely would take the flyer. Though if he had that he wouldn't have been cut in the first place.

It's not looking good at all. Even before his injury, Jones didn't look good this preseason.

I want them to take a flyer on Karlos Williams. Sure he's out of shape now, but by the time his suspension is over, he'd have a good 7 weeks or so to shed 25+ pounds.

Skins fans wanna sign a bloated Karlos Williams...

Meanwhile, Alfred Morris is in full flourish mode in Dallas for the cheap!! :pimp:

Spending a 2nd rounder on a kicker is a bad investment for most teams, esp those who have a number of holes that they need to fill.
Point. Blank. Period.

I get that with all the rule changes, your kicking game is more important than ever. But that's not exactly the wisest management of assets.

Last edited:
Any team that was going to get him away from Cleveland should have taken the risk and done it while he was suspended. No way I'd let him go now.

Kickers are weird.

Talking to them, they do have a weird job, their mistakes are maginified without much understanding or sympathy.

Last edited:
he was 57.1% from 40-49 yards last year

I don't know how you didn't see this coming, I posted the stats in the draft thread

wasting a 2nd round pick was pure stupidity

he was 57.1% from 40-49 yards last year

I don't know how you didn't see this coming, I posted the stats in the draft thread

wasting a 2nd round pick was pure stupidity

Nah man there's no way in hell he was 57 percent from 40-49...I'm gonna need to look this up for myself.

Also, I picked up Ertz as my TE in fantasy along with Eifert since he's hurt. Hopefully your boy puts in work this year.

Nah man there's no way in hell he was 57 percent from 40-49...I'm gonna need to look this up for myself.

Also, I picked up Ertz as my TE in fantasy along with Eifert since he's hurt. Hopefully your boy puts in work this year.

he was only 5 for 10 from 40+ last season

Ertz should be a beast because he will be a primary target, he was never a #1 option in the Chip Kelly offense this offense much similar to KC's

Los reported in at 261 lost weight and managed to gain some back over the course of camp.

Have to wonder where his head is at. If he had his brothers mentality this wouldn't even be a question, you definitely would take the flyer. Though if he had that he wouldn't have been cut in the first place.

He went unclaimed on waivers too...a guy with that much talent. Gotta be a lot going on behind the scenes for someone not to put in a claim on him.

Skins fans wanna sign a bloated Karlos Williams...

Meanwhile, Alfred Morris is in full flourish mode in Dallas for the cheap!! :pimp:

Hope yall enjoy that 3.6 ypc when the regular season rolls around :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom