Status
Not open for further replies.
laugh.gif

Everything Philadelphia Eagles gave up to Cleveland to get that dude :smh: :x

Cleveland wont do anything with anyway

every team is allotted 7 draft picks, per draft

the eagles traded 5 picks to the browns for 2 picks in return

the eagles will receive 2 drafts picks from the Vikings for bradford

the team selected 8 players last draft (3 of the picks given up were from that draft).. and have 8 picks currently for the next draft (1 of the picks go to the browns)

Meanwhile, the Eagles got Wentz at #2 and the Browns got Cody Kessler at 93 (after yet another trade down by them)

And the numbers for both are fairly similar.

Kessler 65% 1,370 yards, 6 TD, 2 INT's, 92.6 rating, 7.13 yards per attempt 8 games

Wentz 63% 2,340 yards, 11 TD, 7 INT, 84.2 rating, 6.57 yards per attempt 10 games

While you owe them another first round pick, and another 2nd round pick.

And Dallas has two of the best rookies in the league, without dealing future picks, or picking second.

Tunsil, Bosa, VH3, Sterling Shepard, Michael Thomas, all having solid rookie years.

Wentz or Goff, don't matter, you guys traded up to take a player who isn't as good as others in the same draft class, based on how you project he'll be, someday. Which, was kind of the point being made back then when you all were up in arms and went on the assualt of D2'ing every single person who questioned the logic when NONE of us, both for or against, had seen him make a single throw. Then 3 weeks in, you guys were pounding your chests like you'd won the Super Bowl, now you spend week after week bringing up other players and other positions. Which is ironic, given my entire stance on the QB position and how much help is needed by the other 52 guys on the roster, but hey, why listen to me huh? :lol:

Last edited:
Meanwhile, the Eagles got Wentz at #2 and the Browns got Cody Kessler at 93 (after yet another trade down by them)

And Dallas has two of the best rookies in the league, without dealing future picks, or picking second.

Tunsil, Bosa, VH3, Sterling Shepard, Michael Thomas, all having solid rookie years.

Wentz or Goff, don't matter, you guys traded up to take a player who isn't as good as others in the same draft class, based on how you project he'll be, someday. Which, was kind of the point being made back then when you all were up in arms and went on the assualt of D2'ing every single person who questioned the logic when NONE of us, both for or against, had seen him make a single throw. Then 3 weeks in, you guys were pounding your chests like you'd won the Super Bowl, now you spend week after week bringing up other players and other positions. Which is ironic, given my entire stance on the QB position and how much help is needed by the other 52 guys on the roster, but hey, why listen to me huh? :lol:

And I thought the Alex Smith comps were hot takes :lol:

This takes the case

And I thought the Alex Smith comps were hot takes :lol:

This takes the case

It's not a comp. It's a point.

Last edited:
Wentz or Goff, don't matter, you guys traded up to take a player who isn't as good as others in the same draft class, based on how you project he'll be, someday. Which, was kind of the point being made back then when you all were up in arms and went on the assualt of D2'ing every single person who questioned the logic when NONE of us, both for or against, had seen him make a single throw. Then 3 weeks in, you guys were pounding your chests like you'd won the Super Bowl, now you spend week after week bringing up other players and other positions. Which is ironic, given my entire stance on the QB position and how much help is needed by the other 52 guys on the roster, but hey, why listen to me huh?
laugh.gif
please quote exactly what I said.. because you never actually listened or addressed what I said, which is why we had an argument..

hell, quote what I said in that week 3 in review thread..

hell, go back and quote what I said from the draft thread..

because chief you and I were never having the same discussion.. you were against the idea.. we had draft picks and we still have draft picks.. i'll wait for you to actually quote and address what was actually said

and I'd kill to have terrelle pryor on my team.. and talking about team, as soon as things started falling apart with the Oline then the WRs and the rest of the offense went to crap with it

Last edited:

cept you and certain others never gave him a chance, he was a bust before he was even drafted hence people hoping he fails

D2 Wentz isn't a term of endearment, this entire argument revolves around Tannehill

It's not a comp. It's a point.

What games have you watched to actually come to the conclusion that Cody ****** Kessler would've actually been a better pick :lol:

I know you and dude had y'all lil disagreement with the D2 stuff but y'all reaching heavy

What post did you read that says that Cody Kessler would be a better pick? Are you lost, confused, what're we doin here?

Philly gave up a bunch of stuff to get Wentz, a bunch. Cleveland, accepted all those picks, made even more, took a much lower rated QB and is getting similar production. (with extra picks to boot)

You read this as, the Eagles should have taken Kessler? Is that how you're interpreting the message? :lol:

we only ever owed them a single 2nd (in 2018).. they still owe us a 4th (upcoming draft)

and we get a 1st and another pick from the Vikings for bradford

Last edited:

cept you and certain others never gave him a chance, he was a bust before he was even drafted hence people hoping he fails

D2 Wentz isn't a term of endearment, this entire argument revolves around Tannehill

I said he was a bust? You sure?

I said he shouldn't be the #2 pick. I said the exact same thing for Goff, who was not D2. I said neither of them were the best players in the draft, yet were going 1-2. Mistakes, by both teams. Traded extra picks to get them even.

But you are saying I said he would be a bust. Interesting.

Why are you arguing with him? He also said Mariota would suck and he still thinks Russ is average at best
His team drafted a WR number 5 overall in 2012 that currently has less recpetions and recieving TD's than the QB taken in the third round that same draft

What post did you read that says that Cody Kessler would be a better pick? Are you lost, confused, what're we doin here?

Philly gave up a bunch of stuff to get Wentz, a bunch. Cleveland, accepted all those picks, made even more, took a much lower rated QB and is getting similar production. (with extra picks to boot)

You read this as, the Eagles should have taken Kessler? Is that how you're interpreting the message? :lol:

Logical reasoning makes it clear to see that you think guys like Dak and Kessler would've been better picks when factoring in the cost to get him no ? :lol:

Hot Takes saying that this or that guy would've been a better pick is dumb as hell ..especially since I see you in the Laker thread going at dudes necks who say that Dlo or Ingram are bad picks :lol:

We are TEN games into the season

I don't see how comparing the production to date vs. what they gave up for Kessler vs. Wentz is relevent....  We all know that they didn't give that up for projected year 1 production.  It's about where they'll be in year 3.

we only ever owed them a single 2nd (in 2018).. they still owe us a 4th (upcoming draft)

and we get a 1st and another pick from the Vikings for bradford

Great. Meaningless, but great.

You owe them your first next year, and a 2nd the year after.

what exactly is meaningless to you?

The fact you keep using other picks and saying we only owed them one pick in 2018, nothing else, etc etc.

Was it not 1st, 3rd, 4th, in 2016
1st in 2017
2nd in 2018

That's the deal, yes or no?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom