The Invincible Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeezy's are hideous IMO

i just picked up those new Jordan's XIs that dropped this morning, speaking of kicks :lol:

the original boost ones are cool but outside of that the 2.0's are ugly AF

I copped a pair of the 750 for cheap because they had a factory stain to flip for a grand

I thought about copping the Space Jams this morning but was stuck at the post office :lol:

Last edited:
i was surprised so many people got em. guess they made a ton cause usually i strike out like a mofo on these saturday morning releases :lol:

Jordan's aren't that hard to obtain anymore, a lot of the 2010-2014 Jordan people now worship Adidas

good news for me, i guess :lol:

i only like a few of the J's and then only specific colorways. i ain't copping everything that drops anymore :lol:

i was surprised so many people got em. guess they made a ton cause usually i strike out like a mofo on these saturday morning releases :lol:

After the Concord fiasco, JB made sure they started making enough holiday 11s to avoid getting hundreds of ppl killed. Idiots/bums still gonna be idiots/bums though

I just want and explanation of how they come up with the amounts for the fines?

Like why not just a flat 6,000 or 7,000

i only like a few of the J's and then only specific colorways. i ain't copping everything that drops anymore :lol:

I snagged a pair of the 2016 Bred 1's with ease, when they released a few years ago they sold out instantly and instantly resold for like $1000

this generation is just onto the next thing so fast

After the Concord fiasco, JB made sure they started making enough holiday 11s to avoid getting hundreds of ppl killed. Idiots/bums still gonna be idiots/bums though

yeah makes sense. i still havent worn that pair. actually shipped those home to my parents house. they're in my room probably on my bed still in the original unopened shipping box :lol:

I snagged a pair of the 2016 Bred 1's with ease, when they released a few years ago they sold out instantly and instantly resold for like $1000

this generation is just onto the next thing so fast

it's crazy. Nicolas' and company got that ADD with all the fads nowadays :lol:

it's crazy. Nicolas' and company got that ADD with all the fads nowadays :lol:

I still want one of them damn NES Classics

so many people are copping for their kids but we all know it's for them

they are only reselling for like $40-50 which seems insane to me, last Space Jam release was wild

:lol:

my friend copped three and was going to give me one for retail but i passed. no Contra, no ice hockey or blades of steel :lol:

Last edited:
Can't remember the last time I spent $100+ on a pair of shoes.

I hate spending money :lol:

Damn 17-18?

It didn't click to me until like 25-26.

I think it might have more to do with the state of the shoe game at the time than the age for why it clicked. I'm 25 now so this was like 2009-2010. If we look at Jordans specifically, in 2010 he's now been out of the league for around a decade. So there was a wave of when all his retros were being released. But then it got to the point where they've all been released. So what's the next business move? Change the color way, slap a special name to them, and release them again while jacking up the price to get as much out of his brand while he can. It just became blatantly obvious at the point that it was dumb and the people were being worked.

Then using that model I think the internet ruined the game. Everything got so diluted with nonsense and the resale market became the nightmare it is today. Along with the social media aspect. Before the internet changed everything is why I think the 2000's were the golden days. I could go on and on about shoes with what has happened lol.

I could also go on about how LeBrons brand will end up being way bigger than Jordan's. Jordan's brand during his career started before the internet and then adapted with the internet later on to maximize its potential after his career already ended. LeBron has the advantage of using that model during his career while he's still coming out with shoes.

Last edited:
You can say the same about Jordan's or whatever else really. I used to be a shoe head growing up and then one day when I was 17-18 it clicked as to how dumb it all was. It's not about how they look, it's more about the price tag/exclusivity. A status symbol thing. It's just to show people you have them.
idk man you still have personal favorites that you didnt get a chance to get when you were younger, right?  

that dont have anything to do with price tag/exclusivity. 

Yeah I still have personal favorites but im not going to be taken advantage of and the price it would be doesn't warrant my nostalgic satisfaction. Im not trying to hate or anything, if it does for others that's cool. I get it.

Plus, I don't wear basketball shoes casually like I did in middle school/high school. If i were to cave it would be to hoop in only.

Last edited:

Nikes basketball line has been down, including LeBrons. They can't get away with the pricing as much as JB can. LeBron himself doesn't like a lot of his new shoes. He's been playing in his retros a lot the past couple seasons. The internet also works against LeBron, since he'll never have the aura MJ had, which is partly due to being a global star before the internet days

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom