The Invincible Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
on a sad note Rashaan Salaam shot himself in the head so it was officially suicide

His brother or cousin was saying he thought it was cte. Saying that salaam had all the symptoms. :smh: they didn't send the brain to be studied, because they wanted to follow traditional Muslim burials. Either way, this **** sucks man.

Football and CTE aren't just killing older players either.

Read this article the other day of a 25 year old, former HS football player committing suicide because of the symptoms caused by CTE.

The guy wrote a 35 page diary of how his brain changed throughout his life.

Something needs to be done, but what?

Read this article the other day of a 25 year old, former HS football player committing suicide because of the symptoms caused by CTE.

Well, it seems as though the solution is to not play sports that involves repeated hits to the head.

It sucks though also, since I enjoy watching football so much. But it is tough at times to watch guys get lit up, knowing that it's going to adversely affect their future health.

Honestly, I really don't know..

You'll always get those undersized, all heart guys who care way too much about the team who are willing to go way beyond the extra mile.. who probably shouldn't be doing it or with certain other guys.. like you can clearcut see certain guys ain't in the same weight class or skill level

Or you'll have dudes just looking to punish or do dumb shht out there

When I went to football, I came from swimming and track.. so the heat and practices didn't kill me.. cause that's another thing, way too many dudes really shouldn't be putting that on their bodies

Was never a big guy but at least I had some weight to me for my size (5'10, 175) and I was smart about picking my battles but more importantly I was fast.. my only concussion came when I was playing center field went up for the ball and the receiver undercut me.. most of the time when I was tackling bigger dudes I could either go low or I was coming at an angle so I was laying the hit

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom