The Jason Heyward Post.......

IronMan are you serious? why do black people always have to go there?
laugh.gif

i swear you just wait around for someone to make comments regarding race.. I've seen you in this forum for about 3-4 years now and you take more shots at black people than anyone on here by far..
eyes.gif
go kick rocks w/ that shhhhh... It's no different from all of your people in "brown pride" giving extra support to mark sanchez..

As far as Heyward and the Atlanta Braves.. This kid is about to set off our offense
eek.gif

That bat speed is just nasty. He uncoiled on that ball with so much torque it was ridiculous. Reminds me of Andre Dawson.

Originally Posted by ooIRON MANoo

This kid is the goods....

black baseball player = awesomeness
Why do black people always have to go there....
smh.gif

ethnocentrism is just as bad as racism.

People have an innate desire to want to be able to relate to whatever or whoever they are watching. It makes it easier for humans to get invested when you see people that look like you or somehow share a similar cultural experience to you on the screen. It's not diabolical and what im describing certainly bares no resemblance to racism. It goes beyond race. 
In the same way big kids may be more invested in Prince Fielder.

Or skinny kids may be more invested in Kevin Durant. 

Or I may be more invested in Russel Martin. 

It's not a big deal and it's certainly not racism. 
grin.gif

Originally Posted by outkast9984

its one home run people.....yea he has talent but hold your horses...i mean comparing him to albert? 
indifferent.gif
Only an idiot would compare him to Albert and we know that S & T has its fair share of those
eyes.gif

While I do think comparisons to Griffey Jr. are premature, I don't think they are that off-base. Now granted, I remember the high hype surrounding Jay Bruce when he swept through the NL his first month in the big leagues before the inevitable regression statistically. Dozens of other Jay Bruces have happened. Evan Longoria had the hype and exceeded it, I expect Heyward to do the same.

I know this might be reaching (yes it is reaching) but i think Heyward > Werth. IMO Werth had a spike last year in stats, sorta like adrian beltre back in 2004
roll.gif

Trill beat me to it...
laugh.gif

Bottom 9th: Atlanta [table][tr][td] - F. Morales relieved R. Betancourt [/td] [/tr][tr][td] - M. Prado singled to left [/td] [/tr][tr][td] - C. Jones flied out to deep center [/td] [/tr][tr][td] - B. McCann walked [/td] [/tr][tr][td] - N. McLouth ran for B. McCann [/td] [/tr][tr][td] - T. Glaus grounded into fielder's choice, M. Prado to third, N. McLouth out at second [/td] [/tr][tr][td] - B. Conrad ran for T. Glaus [/td] [/tr][tr][td] - Y. Escobar walked, B. Conrad to second [/td] [/tr][tr][td] - J. Heyward singled to shallow left, M. Prado and B. Conrad scored, Y. Escobar to second [/td] [/tr][tr][td]
2 runs, 2 hits, 0 errors [/td] [/tr][tr][td] Colorado 3, Atlanta 4 [/td][/tr][/table]

pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom