The Kid Griffey Jr. wearing the BEST cleats in the Game!

Just stumbled unto this Griffey interview. Its old, but I've never seen it posted on here

KEN GRIFFEY JR. : THE BROADWAY KID [PART 1]

griffey4.jpg

KEN GRIFFEY JR. : THE BROADWAY KID [PART 1]

words_Nick DePaula
interview_Nick DePaula & Zac Dubasik
photography_Steve Mullholand

It’s not too often that you get to talk to one of the greatest athletes to ever play his sport – who also happens to be a proud owner of 10 Gold Glove awards and has jettisoned the most career home runs of any current ballplayer, and he says things like, “I’m just a normal dad with an abnormal job.

KEN GRIFFEY JR. : THE BROADWAY KID [PART 2]

griffey12.jpg

KEN GRIFFEY JR. : THE BROADWAY KID [PART 2]

words_Nick DePaula
interview_Nick DePaula & Zac Dubasik
photography_Steve Mullholand

As our conversation with Ken Griffey Jr, Tracy Teague and Lynn Merritt continued on, we dove into the models of his signature line, the plans that Nike Cleated has to continue the Swingman line, and also what he plans on doing after baseball. Enjoy yet another glimpse into the great personality of Ken Griffey Jr.!

Zac Dubasik: Moving on to some of those original shoes of yours, did you start to have more involvement as your line started moving through the years?
Ken Griffey Jr.: For the most part, you could just go in my garage for all of the inspiration. [laughs]
Tracy Teague: Pretty much, we did spend a lot of time with cars. But it was cool just having Junior so close and Lynn working so close with him. Literally, it was as easy as it could possibly be. Junior has always been great about giving us as much time as we needed ’cause I think he liked to do it. You could probably go through and look at his cars and pull a lot of the shoes out.
Lynn Merritt: If you look at his cars, and the way he put his cars together, they’re all classic. The designs are sharp and really nice.

Nick DePaula: What was the process for you guys when you worked on a shoe? How many times did you guys meet each year?
TT: Three or four times a year.
KGJ: They liked to go to spring training. [laughs] Like, “You know what, we’re about to be at spring training for the whole week. Do you mind if we stay for the whole week?

Originally Posted by chezzer10

Originally Posted by kenichi

Originally Posted by brewcrew17

Swingman 360's look amazing. Can't wait till summer

did they verify if they will release?

from what i have heard, they were scrapped
ohwell.gif

damn.
great move Nike
tired.gif
eyes.gif
once again you cater to your audience
ikr lol there are so many jordans release a month that are nothing special so i dont see what the risk would be releasing something that has griffeys name on them..but at least they have the air max Jrs and griffey max 2s coming out with the emerald griffey max 1s..better than nothing

sorry for the huge pics, found these at a local mom and pop shop for 25 flat had to cop
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
...much repect to what Griffey and what he did for the game  

(btw-i dont have a shorty on the way
laugh.gif
)

Swingman 360's look amazing. Can't wait till summer

did they verify if they will release?

from what i have heard, they were scrapped
ohwell.gif

damn.
great move Nike
tired.gif
eyes.gif
once again you cater to your audience
ikr lol there are so many jordans release a month that are nothing special so i dont see what the risk would be releasing something that has griffeys name on them..but at least they have the air max Jrs and griffey max 2s coming out with the emerald griffey max 1s..better than nothing
I guess
But concepts like that lowtop and other products that they have shown and colorways that they have scrapped would make such an impact if they only released
There are dudes here in NT without a doubt can run Nike much better with their ideas and concepts

My first pair of GD, i love griffey's line i always feel like im on the diamond when i were a pair such a great feeling

Originally Posted by mindless2778

Are the GD's good enough to wear and train on the field? Been thinking about this...

i would say yes just because they are considered a turf version of the cleats..and if you did im sure youd be the only one with them
pimp.gif

Are the GD's good enough to wear and train on the field? Been thinking about this...

i would say yes just because they are considered a turf version of the cleats..and if you did im sure youd be the only one with them
pimp.gif
This is true. I have not seen anyone in Puerto Rico with those.
pimp.gif

pimp.gif
to be honest im sure most griffeys are great to train with depend on comfort, the GD do feel great and u would think u had a pair of cleats on once ur foot sets in!!! But if u notice the sole of the shoe u, these were made with the intentions of being turf training shoes....i found my pair on karmaloop and used a coupon code they came out to bout 80 plus change
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Swaynomics

pimp.gif
to be honest im sure most griffeys are great to train with depend on comfort, the GD do feel great and u would think u had a pair of cleats on once ur foot sets in!!! But if u notice the sole of the shoe u, these were made with the intentions of being turf training shoes....i found my pair on karmaloop and used a coupon code they came out to bout 80 plus change
pimp.gif

Good stuff. I'm sad, though. Have the max bid on eBay for a pair of  Air Griffey Max 1's and have to spend the money on something else. 
tired.gif

pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Good stuff. I'm sad, though. Have the max bid on eBay for a pair of  Air Griffey Max 1's and have to spend the money on something else. 
tired.gif

pimp.gif
pimp.gif

tired.gif

which colorway for the 1s? because some are on sale still in the stores..the hot reds, platinums, and freshwaters were all on sale for 100-110 im pretty sure

pimp.gif
pimp.gif

tired.gif

which colorway for the 1s? because some are on sale still in the stores..the hot reds, platinums, and freshwaters were all on sale for 100-110 im pretty sure

I know. I just wanted to get them cheaper. 
laugh.gif
 It's funny cause I'm still the highest bidder with a couple of hours to go, but I have no money.
ohwell.gif
 It's the grey with the light blue accents. I know it's not the freshwater ones.

Sorry about the double, but the highest bid on the pair I was bidding on is $60 and there's an hour left, if anybody's interested, cause I don't have the money.
frown.gif

Back
Top Bottom