The Kid Griffey Jr. wearing the BEST cleats in the Game!

there may be new models eventually but my guess would be the swingman remix, griffey has worn it since 07/08 so i dont see it changing yet

Yeah but according to the sc article, there's a swingman remix 2 in the works. We'll just have to wait n see. Though Adam jones did show some remix 1 pics of the new c/w's for the 2010 season

Originally Posted by SinnerP

Yeah but according to the sc article, there's a swingman remix 2 in the works. We'll just have to wait n see. Though Adam jones did show some remix 1 pics of the new c/w's for the 2010 season

makes you wonder if the the griffey III will be incorporated into the Remix 2 haha..also i was diggin some of those remix's that Jone's posted so im glad that they'll still be coming out with more PE's this season.

Originally Posted by TheSwingman24

The G6's Retro's are coming out Summer 2010

No way?!!?! You have a link? Those were my graduation gift back in 01
happy.gif
happy.gif
I hope they come out in the all black with red air max unit again.

Originally Posted by lateralus1082

happy.gif
happy.gif
You're in luck.  They will be retroing the all black with red accents and red air bag as well as the white/silver.  Slated to release this summer.

How fitting would it have been if Adam Jones was still an outfielder for the Mariners? Damn you Bavasi, damn you!!!
Regardless, we'll still have Mariners PEs courtesy of His Swingness.

Originally Posted by heelntoe wit my nyks

happy.gif
happy.gif
You're in luck.  They will be retroing the all black with red accents and red air bag as well as the white/silver.  Slated to release this summer.
I thought it was the GD II coming out, not the G6?

Originally Posted by K23J

happy.gif
happy.gif
Same shoe.

1.) AGMI
2.) AGMII
3.) AGMIII
4.) Total Max Griffey
5.) GDI = Swingman TL = 3/4 = G5
6.) GDII = G6
7.) Shox = G7

so on....

2gy2jyt.jpg

9saw7l.jpg

Originally Posted by K23J

happy.gif
happy.gif
Same shoe.

1.) AGMI
2.) AGMII
3.) AGMIII
4.) Total Max Griffey
5.) GDI = Swingman TL = 3/4 = G5
6.) GDII = G6
7.) Shox = G7

so on....
dang you know ive always noticed that but never realized they were the same, thank for the little history lesson HnT

does anyone local sports stores still have the black/white swingman remix trainers or molded cleats(or even the black/grey molded cleats)?

Originally Posted by snkrhead19

Some shieks have the swingman remix for around $50 for the bred colorway and the black suede with white

seriously? size 12? anyone wanna hook up an NT brother?

Originally Posted by ZombieJesus12

Originally Posted by snkrhead19

Some shieks have the swingman remix for around $50 for the bred colorway and the black suede with white

seriously? size 12? anyone wanna hook up an NT brother?
indeed i could really used the black/whites 
wink.gif

Originally Posted by schmalzilla

I saw those at Shiekh too... Hit me up, I might be able to get someone a pair

im guessing its the trainers correct? can you let me know if they got the black/whites(and which black/white it is) in a sz 10?

Originally Posted by SinnerP

^ Totally unrelated... but when is Yu Darvish gonna head over the MLB?

not sure,  he just resigned with the fighters in Dec, so prolly not for at least a few years. 

Griffey livens up Mariners camp
Veteran arrives early, discusses incident with Lee

PEORIA, Ariz. -- Ken Griffey Jr. checked into Mariners camp Friday morning wearing an oversized gray sweatsuit, a floppy gray cap and his trademark smile.

"This is the new hotness," the franchise icon said of his casual wardrobe. "See, you can wear this around the house, by the fire, just about anywhere. The hat is called a 'bucket' because it looks like a bucket."

Griffey's arrival at the Peoria Sports Complex increased the noise level inside the clubhouse prior to the second full day of workouts for pitchers and catchers.

"It was real loud in there," manager Don Wakamatsu said. "It's amazing how one guy can change the karma of a room."

The clubhouse is getting more crowded each day.

Griffey was one of four position players arriving Friday, four days before the mandatory reporting date. Center fielder Franklin Gutierrez, third baseman Chone Figgins and outfielder Ryan Langerhans checked in and participated in batting practice.

Outfielders Eric Byrnes, Greg Halman, Michael Saunders and Corey Patterson, and infielders Ryan Garko, Jack Hannahan, Josh Wilson, Matt Tuiasosopo and Dustin Ackley have been here for several days.

"Everybody is excited, especially when you get Griff in early," Wakamatsu said. "That puts the pressure on everyone else."

He was only half-joking, saying he called Mike Sweeney to let him know that Griffey was in the house.

"I said, 'Griff's here, where you at?'" Wakamatsu said. "He said, 'I got a late invitation.'"

Sweeney and Griffey were instrumental last season in turning a fractured clubhouse the previous season into a cohesive unit, which loomed large in the Mariners going from a 101-loss team in 2008 to an 85-win club in '09.

The Mariners signed Sweeney to a Minor League contract on Feb. 12 and invited him to the big league camp. He is expected to report Sunday from his offseason home in San Diego.

Griffey was in midseason form as he went around the clubhouse exchanging hugs and handshakes with his teammates -- including left-handed pitcher Cliff Lee.

"I'm going to throw bunting practice to the pitchers," Griffey said, smiling. "And I'm going to put one right behind that guy's head."

That guy would be Lee, who received a friendly reminder from Griffey of a pitch Lee threw on June 13, 2004, when the lefty pitched for the Indians and Junior played for the Reds.

"He had hit a home run in his previous at-bat against me, the 499th of his career, and I wasn't going to let him hit No. 500 against me," Lee said. "There were runners on second and third base, first base was open and I was going to pitch around him, throwing fastballs up and in and breaking balls away.

"The first pitch kind of got away from me and went behind him. The runner scored, I got thrown out of the game and that was it."

Lee said it was the first and only time he has been ejected from a game and Friday was the first time since the incident that he had a chance to talk to Griffey about it.

"I think he knows it wasn't intentional," Lee said.

Griffey, as usual, held court with several members of the media, talking more about his family than what could be his final season in baseball.

He said he watched his daughter, Taryn, play a basketball game in Orlando, Fla., on Thursday night and flew to Phoenix afterward, stopping twice during the 12-hour flight on a private plane.

Griffey noted that his eldest son, Trey, is now 6-feet-2, 180 pounds and the football team he plays for scores virtually at will, and his youngest son, Tevin, wanted to accompany his dad to Spring Training.

"He said, 'Dad, I don't have to go to school, I'm getting all A's."

The family will join Dad later in Spring Training.

Before driving off in a black luxury sedan, Griffey stopped in front of the main offices and exchanged hugs with some Mariners fans.

"It was good to see him again," Wakamatsu said. "It really was."

Hearing him wasn't bad, either.

Back
Top Bottom