The Knicks should trade for Amar'e THIS offseason

Originally Posted by holdenmichael

Why would the Suns take Lee @ 10+ million per season if they're in cost cutting mode? Is any team really going to be paying Lee that much next season? I doubt it.
David Lee will get 10 mil on the open market easily

Originally Posted by Al3xis

David Lee will get 10 million one way or another.

Biedrins doesn't even make 10 mil per year...

Allen...you REALLY think Lee is going to get over 10 mil PER SEASON w. his next contract?

Originally Posted by worldbeefreeg

Originally Posted by THE GR8

Originally Posted by worldbeefreeg

Originally Posted by GaBeGRaMz

D.Lee is a better fit in NY then Amare. We as fans appreciate the work Lee does. Amare would be appreciated, but I wanna get back to the 90's Knicks where it was hard work and D.

And when we failed to win a championship?
yeah when we were playing the GOAT every year
eyes.gif

No more like we lacked that second superstar and we had good supporting payers around but just not good enough. The supporting cast then, Oakley, Mason and Starks were good like Nate, Lee and Duhon are but not good enough. We could have beaten the Bulls if we had another all-star caliber player but we didn't. And this team won't be able to win unless it brings in two big free agents period.
I dont buy that Jordan was just too good and he ALWAYS came up when was needed. There were times when he was literally unstoppable.

Jazz had that 2nd superstar with Stockton/Malone and they couldnt top MJ once.

Sonics had it with Payton/Kemp and they werent able to top Jordan once.

There were some VERY quality teams in the 90s and the Knicks gave MJ more frustration with their physical play than any other team. That Knicks team wasDEFINITLEY championship calibe IMO, its just that MJ was a straight up %@#+%*@ killer no way around it.

I mean the one year they advanced without MJ in the L in 94 they lost in the finals in a 7 game series that coulda went either way. How you gonna tell me if itwasnt for MJ they wouldnt have AT LEAST 1 championship in those years.

Put the Knicks in any other era of basketball and they could have racked up a few rings. Jordan was just too ough for anybody. But the Knicks were always acontender and their physical style was the #1 reason. I mean the current Spurs are kind of like the old Knicks with their defense and half court style of playcentered around one dominat big man who likes to take mid range shots and look how they have turned out and they really havent had a 2nd all-star until TonyParker turned into won, but they won numerous rings even before than.

DJ's, yes I do.
16 and 12 will get a nice reward.

Now is he worth it is another story.

To me he's worth about 7 a year.

Back
Top Bottom