The lack of compassion for poor people in this country (Flint, Michigan water crisis)

Nothing in this country shocks me anymore. 
ohwell.gif

http://www.awesomelyluvvie.com/2016/01/flint-water-crisis.html

This story should be getting more publicity. This has been going on for some time and it seems like the National Media just started talking about it a few weeks ago. Access to clean water should be a basic human right and in a country like the US there is no excuse for government to cut corners at the expense of basic access to water. Method Man, is this a cause that we can use NT to raise money and awareness?

man I was just searching for(didn't find one) & making a thread & got side tracked... glad im not the only one sickened by this

Already donated $39 to my frat bros in that state so they can go out and purchase water for the people of Flint. Plan on giving more one I get paid on Friday. Still can't believe some B.S. like this happened.

Everybody on NT should try to send over bottles of water or donated to one of the organizations that are trying to raise money.

Here's one of the GoFundMe accounts I'm supporting. 

You can also check out this link: https://www.cfgf.org/cfgf/DonorsAdvisors/Donors/GivingOpportunities/tabid/728/Default.aspx

Yeah this is some serious ******** and should get more attention. The fact that the water company is still charging these people is another disgusting part of this story. I really hope heads roll here.

What sucks is the beer companies send clena water to tornado and hurrican vitctims yet they havent with this

What sucks is the beer companies send clena water to tornado and hurrican vitctims yet they havent with this

Yea, we'll see in due time if they will or not. Like mentioned earlier, this JUST getting national attention though it's been going on for years, Detroit Public Schools are in the same boat as far as abysmal conditions that haven't garnered any national attention.

If Meth was to set something up, yall could count my donation from the gate, but I'm also looking at ways to get involved in my local community or something.

What's bad is, the first thing that will need to be done is to replace the pipes since they've been corroded by the toxic water. That needs to be addressed and quick because the donated bottles is only a bandage over a deep lacerated wound, not saying it helps but we can't think that it will get better by solely donating water.

Ok really really possibly stupid question, but if it looked like doo doo water, why were people still drinking it?

As others in this thread have said, this is an issue that has been going on for a while. At first, the water looked like it was fine. It wasn't until the pipes were already corroded that the water began to change colors. In the beginning there was just a very small tinge of color. The local government said that it was due to the source of the water changing, and that residents could boil the water to clean it. This actually made the situation worse, since boiling lead contaiminated water actually concentrates the lead and makes it more harmful. Its unclear when the government knew that there was lead in the water, but there is evidence to suggest that the emergency financial planner for Flint knew there was lead during the time they were advising people to boil it to make it safe.

People in Flint aren't stupid, they started demanding that the government look into it. Only after the water began to look like sewage did the EPA look into it. The city of Flint then DOUBLE DOWNED on the stupidity and falsified documents it sent to the EPA. The EPA knew something was up when their physical samples didn't match what was on file, but by then it was already too late.

This is going to be one of those Tuskegee level events after this is said and done, mark my words. The fact that people knew about the lead and continued to lie about it sickens me :smh:

Last edited:
Yea. Meth should definitely set something up for this.

I really haven't paid much attention to this as I should have but this is ridiculous. I feel terrible for these people.

I'm gonna research the best way to help them.

Damn I just learned something because I didn't even know boiling it would make it worst.

So these people aren't able to take showers or anything? This is terrible I will support one of the links above

I heard that the water in Flint was full of lead, and that a solid chunk of the population has been poisoned by it. All this because they wanted to save some money :x

There is no reversing lead poisoning, they are going to be affected by this for a long time. This is criminal IMO and those officials need to be prosecuted and the people of Flint should get aid in a huge way from the govt

I know it can't/won't happen, but the DOJ should investigate to see if they can hit these government officials with murder, assault, and conspiracy charges

Last edited:
Damn I just learned something because I didn't even know boiling it would make it worst.

So these people aren't able to take showers or anything? This is terrible I will support one of the links above
Yeah dude back in science class remember heat and the breaking down of elements

Yeah dude back in science class remember heat and the breaking down of elements

Yeah but I was just thinking back in my hood days, my mom had to boil water for us to take a bath some nights. I know it's not the same thing but I guess I just started thinking boiling **** solves everything :lol:

Yeah but I was just thinking back in my hood days, my mom had to boil water for us to take a bath some nights. I know it's not the same thing but I guess I just started thinking boiling **** solves everything :lol:
I remember when I was a kid our heating elements in the hot water heater went out deep into the winter months :smh: :smh: worst two months ever had to boil water everyday

I heard that the water in Flint was full of lead, and that a solid chunk of the population has been poisoned by it. All this because they wanted to save some money :x

There is no reversing lead poisoning, they are going to be affected by this for a long time. This is criminal IMO and those officials need to be prosecuted and the people of Flint should get aid in a huge way from the govt

Rex non Potest peccare. Unfortunately, politicans can't be held liable if their decisions result in personal injury or damages. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Federal_Tort_Claims_Act

Yea Flint has been in really bad shape for a long time now

It’s not that the cops here are scared; it’s just that they’re outmanned, outgunned and flat broke.

Flint is the birthplace of General Motors and the home of the U.A.W.’s first big strike. In case you didn’t know this, the words “Vehicle City” are spelled out on the archway spanning the Flint River.

But the name is a lie. Flint isn’t Vehicle City anymore. The Buick City complex is gone. The spark-plug plant is gone. Fisher Body is gone.

What Flint is now is one of America’s murder capitals. Last year in Flint, population 102,000, there were 66 documented murders. The murder rate here is worse than those in Newark and St. Louis and New Orleans. It’s even worse than Baghdad’s.

This is from 2011

Back
Top Bottom