THE LAS VEGAS RAIDERS...OFFSEASON THREAD | "NEW DAY. NEW CHAPTER. NEW ERA. NEW MINDSET."

HOW MANY GAMES WILL THE RAIDERS WIN THIS SEASON

• less than 6

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • 6-8

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • 8-12

Votes: 5 41.7%
  • 12+

Votes: 1 8.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Hooker in the late 1st? gives them that 5th year option for flexibility and having Jimmy G allows him to learn/heal from his ACL injury

This Jimmy thing only makes sense if they draft a clipboard qb this year.

Praying we move up to the Cardinals slot at 3 and draft Richardson.

I don’t want the Mayo Man but I wouldn’t be mad if he fell to 7 and we took him.
i think we are all lightweight in agreement on not wanting Will Levis. But we were all lightweight in agreement on not wanting Jimmy G too :lol:

Josh deserves his money. But the reality is he’s under contract right now, so i’d imagine the current priorities for Ziegler are to construct the rest of the team right now.

i’m sure if they have contract convos it will be after the draft.

Aaron Rodgers basically said without saying he woulda been down to join the Raiders.

Pretty quiet day in terms of signings. Only the Jakob Johnson signing got done so far.

Darius Slay threw some slight shade on Pats coaching, so I'm almost certain he won't show interest in joining the Raiders. I wonder if that is how other players feel when considering destinations because there is that storyline out that McDaniels doesn't connect with players and players don't really like playing for him...I was hoping that was a problem from his past, but I wonder if that is still the case.

Josh and Devante seem to be good with him. Maxx as well. But just an interesting thought on a slow day.

Raiders not signing any significant defensive help is alarming. CGJ just signed a 1-year $8M deal. we couldn’t offer better?

Based off their offseason free agency signings, its all cheaper and short term deals. the plan is obvious - this is pretty much a re-build. build through the draft.

Raiders not signing any significant defensive help is alarming. CGJ just signed a 1-year $8M deal. we couldn’t offer better?

Based off their offseason free agency signings, its all cheaper and short term deals. the plan is obvious - this is pretty much a re-build. build through the draft.

this isnt directed specifically at you, but i dont understand why folks get upset when players sign elsewhere. free agents get to choose where they want to go, so we may have offered him and many other FAs a deal, but they just didnt want to play for the Raiders.

this isnt directed specifically at you, but i dont understand why folks get upset when players sign elsewhere. free agents get to choose where they want to go, so we may have offered him and many other FAs a deal, but they just didnt want to play for the Raiders.

you’re right, we don’t know what was offered to anyone…based off last year, the Raiders were in on JC Jackson but had a threshold they weren’t willing to pay for him, which ended up being a good thing. But a 1-year $8M deal is crazy for a position of need. They couldn’t come up with something better? Do we believe he’s not as good as what we currently have on the roster? Did we fall short of the threshold for all the significant defensive players out there this offseason? Or is this place really just not a destination people want to play at? Is it coaching? Or are we just not willing to pay people money?

I know none of us can answer those questions - but we can evaluate and analyze the moves that they’re making and to me it does look like they realize we are not a piece of two away from competing for anything, so it’s bridge guys until we draft right. And the deals that they are signing these guys to are shorter term deals in hopes we find significant players in the draft.

Yeah, Off-seasons don’t win games, but I can’t tell you if our defense got any better or worse so far when we had holes at each position on the defense before free agency and 1-week after free agency I don’t feel confident that we’ve filled any of them.

but for the record - I’m not complaining, but I think it’s interesting to talk about because none of us knew the plan going into the off-season and IMO I think it’s starting to become a bit clearer.

I know. That’s why I said my comment wasn’t directed specifically at you, but there are a lot of upset fans on Twitter that blame Ziegler for every signing. Claiming he’s not doing anything, he sucks, we couldn’t even make an offer, etc. Like you mentioned, there are a ton of variables as to why we didn’t sign X or Y player. I feel like a lot of fans a far too emotional.

Honestly, I don’t think the roster is better or worse than last season. Maxx was the only standout on D. Harmon, Ya-Sin, and Perryman are the only other players worth mentioning, but health was an issue. Assuming we draft a lot of D, that side of the ball will likely be improved.

Offensively, we’re running it back with the same OL that played better the second half of the season. Waller was hurt for most of the season, so I don’t think we’ll miss him too much. Jimmy is a lateral move imo, and our WR core I think has improved, especially with a healthy Renfrow.

We lost a lot of close games that I think we win next season. I think we’ll be competitive while rebuilding imo.

Back
Top Bottom