THE LAS VEGAS RAIDERS...OFFSEASON THREAD | "NEW DAY. NEW CHAPTER. NEW ERA. NEW MINDSET."

HOW MANY GAMES WILL THE RAIDERS WIN THIS SEASON

• less than 6

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • 6-8

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • 8-12

Votes: 5 41.7%
  • 12+

Votes: 1 8.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Raiders started their top 30 visits this week.

Yesterday: Will Levis (QB)
Scheduled so far: Anthony Richardson (QB) & Brian Branch (safety)

just watching the different qbs ill be surprised if they dont take levis if he's available.
seems like a mcdaniels type qb.

just watching the different qbs ill be surprised if they dont take levis if he's available.
seems like a mcdaniels type qb.
mcdaniels type meaning the one QB in this draft we don’t really want :lol: :smh:

regardless, i’ll be rooting for his *** if he is the pick.

whats crazy is that this team had obvious holes from a personnel perspective last season and it does appears they have regressed.

but i will say we’ve been doing damn near the same thing over the last 20 years - and thats mostly trying to build via free agency. it would have worked before had we drafted even slightly better.

Ziegler and McDaniels appear to be putting their eggs in the draft basket, which i think is great. But they better hit on some of these picks. I am willing to give them the benefit of the doubt on the draft for now since last season was limited picks and possibly not understanding what they had on the roster yet. but no excuses this draft season.

idk if i buy this nugget, but if the Raiders are bluffing then that makes things interesting for the other teams who may want to trade ahead for a QB or maybe one will slide if teams think the Raiders aren’t in the market.

whats crazy is that this team had obvious holes from a personnel perspective last season and it does appears they have regressed.

but i will say we’ve been doing damn near the same thing over the last 20 years - and thats mostly trying to build via free agency. it would have worked before had we drafted even slightly better.

Ziegler and McDaniels appear to be putting their eggs in the draft basket, which i think is great. But they better hit on some of these picks. I am willing to give them the benefit of the doubt on the draft for now since last season was limited picks and possibly not understanding what they had on the roster yet. but no excuses this draft season.

Year 2 is really telling on what this team is trying to do and how. We traded our early picks for DA, so I can’t say they’ve had a chance to disappoint/excite us in the draft. At least they didn’t trade our best DE off rip this time :lol:

its a long read, but hella interesting. its all opinion based, and its stated early on in the article. but some
interesting bits:

- More than one Raider player has told me of Derek trying to discuss things with McDaniels, and he looked at the quarterback and said: "Just run the play."

- One NFL member of team management told me something about Ziegler: "The Patriots, if you look in the first-round, aren't great drafters. I was told by someone in New England that Ziegler would be frustrated at times by their picks, he thinks differently. Raider Nation needs to trust Ziegler. He gets it. He thinks like a young Ron Wolf."

- One coach told me: "Rich masked many of the short-comings because of the system he ran. Changing to McDaniels system, different on every level, exposed the short-comings more quickly. I think Rich did a good job, but because he had the Gruden system, it helped him. I don't think Josh was as bad as it looked; it was more noticeable with a different system."

- Both men are personable. Despite people assuming McDaniels is a robot, that isn't true.

- The team likes and supports Josh McDaniels. There is a lot of anger over the release of Trent Sieg, but it isn't so much about a long-snapper; it was about a glue guy in the locker room that appeared to be doing everything they wanted.

- One Raider told me: "It is really weird. I really like Josh, and I think he really likes me. He talks with the guys as people. But, when it is football, it is his way. Gruden wasn't as warm as Josh, but when it came to football, he would listen. Josh is warm when it isn't about football, and cold when it is about it. It took some getting used to."

-One of the things I admire about Davis is that others don't move him. Media criticism or praise doesn't change what he wants. He wanted a different culture and the Raiders to resemble a Patriots-run franchise. He wants the winning that comes with that. He couldn't have expected it all in year one, but I believe he is getting what he wants.

Nba, nfl and mlb all leave 1 city in a span of < 10 years. Crazy.

It’s sad man because the Bay Area has enough to support 2 teams in each major league…

I wonder if we ever become an expansion destination. I don’t think we can support another baseball team here though.

Niners have SF and put their stadium in San Jose, no way to put another nfl team here unless you put it in Oakland and I doubt anyone would root for the new team over the Niners/raiders.

Nba I can see an expansion team in San Jose. Might be hard to have 3 NorCal teams though.

Basically it looks like the Bay Area got ****ed. Don’t think we’ll ever get multiple teams in a major league again.

I remember when the Raiders were trying to figure out how to build a stadium in collaboration with the A’s and Libby Schaff and the A’s weren’t feeling it - Libby basically said she’d rather invest in an A’s stadium cause they play 80+ games in a season vs the Raiders 10 games.

The irony is now the A’s are trying to copy the Raiders playbook.

Enh, very raiderish thing to do. People keep trying to convince me its a good pick but we've been here before 🤣🤷🏾‍♂️
what pick would make you comfortable? if we going based off history, it won’t matter who we get :lol:

i won’t hold Ziegler accountable for our history. The only thing i ask is to not pick Skoronski (Guard/Tackle). He fits the mold of what Ziegler likes (versatile linemen) but I really wanna go defense with the first pick. Gonzalez/Whiterspoon. Carter if he falls. Will Anderson would be best case scenario but no way that happens.

I have no problem with either of Gonzalez or Witherspoon at #7.

In fact, I'd be disappointed if we didn't take one of them assuming Carter, Anderson, or Wilson aren't available.

Watch us trade back though.

It doesn’t matter WHO they pick, we need help everywhere. Just make a good pick please.

It’s looking more and more like one of Stroud or Richardson will be there at 7 though.

I would think a DT would have been a better choice but Chandler is washed and apparently Wilson can play in the interior as well so we'll see.

Back
Top Bottom