THE LAS VEGAS RAIDERS...2023 SEASON THREAD 8-9 | "NEW DAY. NEW CHAPTER. NEW ERA. NEW MINDSET."

HOW MANY GAMES WILL THE RAIDERS WIN THIS SEASON

• less than 6

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • 6-8

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • 8-12

Votes: 5 41.7%
  • 12+

Votes: 1 8.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Interesting that Gonzalez slid. I’m ok with the pick. Wilson was projected top 5 before his foot injury IIRC. Lions reaching tonight.

i wont be upset if they go QB at the 2nd. but it depends on how the board shakes out. still some quality defensive players available

Not mad at the Wilson pick. Wanted Carter but I understand why he was off our board.

Let’s get Hooker today :nerd:
Would love a CB/DT early as well.

i’m straight off Hooker and Levis. Continue to build the defense please. I’m hoping Joey Porter or Brian Branch fall or we trade up for one of them.

i know they’ll get a QB at some point, but i’d rather go for the developmental prospect in Haener or DTR to backup Jimmy. Our defense just got too many holes and there are plenty of good defensive players left on the board.

I could also see them looking at Dawand Jones to play RT. Dude is massive - 6’8” and like 370lbs.

Last edited:
Branch or Porter would be fire but idk if we can get em without trading up
I don’t disagree, but i never thought i’d see Emmanuel Forbes get drafted before Christian Gonzalez. Forbes is a playmaker but dude is 166lbs and playing in the NFL now :lol: and we seen 2 RB’s go before 1 WR in this draft already. Nolan Smith falling to 30 is wild too. weird things are happening and hopefully it continues.

Listened to an interview from Tyree today and he said Silver and Black and not Black and Silver :lol: finally someone that comes correct on day 1.

He said he was a Raider in high school too. He was obviously a Red Raider at Texas Tech. And now he’s reached the pinnacle of being a Raider. Destined to be a Raider.

Hearing “experts” talk about Tyree is exciting. Freakish athlete is what a lot of people say. Some say first step is slow on the get off because he’s reading/analyzing too much but I suppose that’s something that can be corrected with proper training and coaching. Chandler Jones and Maxx may be able to help with that too.

yea, thats an interesting pick. Unless they see him as a depth pick and plan to utilize him in special teams.

Regardless, not a position of need and not really a value pick here IMO.

Last edited:
yeah i dont hink we had to pick Byron Young there, but i'm not upset. the Tre Tucker pick is definitely a head scratcher unless Renfrow is on the way out.

Some people upset because we didnt go Kelee Ringo (the somewhat bigger name from the Georgia program). But Bennett supposedly is a better fit and has played more man coverage - the preferred scheme of this coaching staff. Seems like a good pick and fits a position of need.

i’m still concerned about the CB position. Rock Ya Sin is still a FA and i hope they bring him back after they restructured Chandler Jones’ contract.

Back
Top Bottom