The little respect I had 4 Wayne...Gone...He is suing Drama and others for mixtape distribution

I don't get it tho
doesn't he or his engineer or whatever have to release the songs to the dj's?

Originally Posted by Russoull

Imagine the videos for the original +!+#:
"One Night Only"
pimp.gif
a video for that wouldve been dope

Drama ain't trippin

http://www.xxlmag.com/online/?p=42479

With paperwork recently hitting the Net revealing a lawsuit that Cash Money Records has filed against several mixtape deejays, includingDJ Drama's Aphilliates Music Group, XXLMag.com contacted the self-described iPod King to find out his reaction to the case.

"The accusations against me are misplaced," Drama told XXL in a statement. "This is not acase of Lil Wayne vs DJ Drama. Me and Wayne are good."

According to the documents [ View here, here and here] Cash Money has named the Aphilliates, along with BCD Music Group,Deep Distribution World Wide, Tyree C. Simmons (Drama) and Cinque Productions, Inc. in a civil action suit.

Frank Nino, of Makin' Moves Entertainment, who is also named in the case, told XXL that he believes the matter revolvesaround money profited by BCD, who released various Weezy mixtapes in big chain stores like FYE.

"Back in 07 I put a regular mixtape in the streets, you know every DJ does that, Lil Wayne and Juelz The North and The SouthCollide, and then BCD Music Group got a hold of it and they put it in the stores," he explained. "So now that it's in the stores with abarcode, two years down the line now, they suing me for this, that and the third, which by the way I never made no money off of that %+*! that's in thestores."

Cash Money's parent label Universal Music Group sued BCD three years ago for copyright infringement for distributing mixtapes fromtheir artists. When asked why Cash Money is filing their own suit now, Nino said nothing materialized from UMG's case. "I spoke to BCD and they had afallout with Universal, they went to Universal, they settled out, basically nothing really happened, so I guess they're sending Cash Money now."

As of press time Cash Money have not returned any emails.

Drama, who has had his own legal battles concerning his mixtapes, doesn't seem worried by the case. "I am confident that thismatter will be resolved quickly without harming the relationships between myself, Wayne and Cash Money Records." - Elan Mancini

Back
Top Bottom