The Little Things | Starring Denzel Washington, Jared Leto, Rami Malek | Out Now on HBO Max

Nothing odd about it. Thats the usual. The critic score is usually up for the audience score unless there was a moratorium on reviews.

Critics get to see the movie weeks in advance and review it. Audience has to wait for release date (today for this movie).
Good if this is how they do it now, they used to have audience scores before release which was stupid.

Out the gate you got the dumb white girl making poor horror movie decisions

My wife was so angry at this movie for this reason. She would've never been caught slipping' like any of these girls. :rofl:When she got out of the car my wife was done with the movie.:lol:

Overall 6/10, like everyone said nothing special. But Jared Leto did his thing and he's the only reason to watch this movie.

Last edited:
Just started this. Why Denzel looking and sounding like Scatman Crothers??
E7A787F1-ACE0-4A93-BF8F-17872F6132B1.jpeg

I liked it..
It’s went down different path than people were expecting but that’s a good part of films like this.....dont follow the playbook give us something different......

spoilers....we thought it was the open case that ate at deke but it really wasn’t.....and Albert....there are many weirdos like him that get targeted....follow murders a bit much and this time he played a bit much

There was reference to Night Stalker during movie.....doc is on Netflix.....that happened 5 years before 90....Albert likely followed all that and hand his own fantasies of going that path....

Spoiler again.
This is just another examples how the brothers/sisters in blue are always willing to do whatever it takes to bail out their friends.....from captains to medical examiners....been going on for thousands of years and will continue to do so.....98% of the time....

Last edited:
Out the gate you got the dumb white girl making poor horror movie decisions :lol: Why run out of your car without the key to a pit stop you don't even know is open?

Anyway, I dig movies like this. Always will. Yeah it's a lot like and no different than a 90s crime thriller. I don't get the bad reviews. I dunno if ppl were expecting Prisoners or the next Seven but this was dope to me.

This is the type of movie you watch for Denzel's acting and if you're a fan for Rami stretching his acting range a bit. They gave a lot of room in this movie for the dialogue and pacing. I enjoyed it.

Leto was wild creepy in this :lol: Don't know what Mr. Robot was thinking doing all the digging. I would've had him dig but given how it went down just say he reached for my gun.

That was a messed up flashback.

5.7/8
Agreed, Rami's acting really annoyed me this time around though. Nothing crazy, decent watch and I wasn't bothered by it, probably won't watch again. Think we're so used to extraordinary stuff now we always expect it, reminds me of how The Undoing was received.

Yeah, the trailer gave the feel of a crime thriller but the majority of it makes it out to be a sort of mystery whodunit and pursuit of the serial killer.

But they pull the rug out from under this to show this is about detectives way too dedicated to catching the bad guy to the point they make tragic irreversible errors that they have to live with.

I thought it was ok. I expected more with the actors. The pacing could have been better.

I liked the ending, because the whole premise of the movie was the police work catching up with them and having to live with everything.

So the ending fit and I also liked that Deac wanted to give Jimmy some sort of closure that he didn't have. He wanted his life to work out.

I think they started with the "twist" then tried to build a story around it, just didn't work. I can still see a better movie in my head for this though, I like the concept. Like a light Memento/Seven hybrid. There was potential gold there.

With the ending I get what the movie is about but I still would've liked to find out who was actually doing all these killings.

Like one final twist show the killer getting his next victim or a flashback showing the killer was someone overlooked.

I wish they talked about Mary Roberts. Why did dude kill himself if he had nothing to do with her death?

That part was glossed over to the point it didn't need to happen.

I wish they talked about Mary Roberts. Why did dude kill himself if he had nothing to do with her death?

That part was glossed over to the point it didn't need to happen.
I feel it was one of those situations where Denzel's character back then interrogated the **** put of dude and traumatized him when at best he was just a pervert. He eventually got released cuz they aint have enough or any evidence but the damage was done. I imagine all the dirty cop tricks were done to dude when they thought he was the killer.

Then all them years he's brought back in, same accusations, past victim brought up and it puts him over the edge and he commits that.

Movie was legit up until the 5 foot detective got into the car, then I completely checked out.

Yeah not good. If I had to point out some positives, it was pretty cool stylistically, Denzel had a couple good scenes especially the one with Rami's family, and Leto played a decent creep (although a little over the top).

Seemed like a little bit of a Se7evn rip off.

I was ejoying the movie up until the final act. What was dude thinking when he got in the car? He seriously thought he was gonna take you on a tour to see where all the dead bodies are buried?? :lol: This flick had a lot of potential but just fell flat towards the end.

As far as the performances go, Denzel was Denzel, Jared Leto tried a little too hard and Rami was just unconvincing. But I already knew Rami wasnt the right choice for this role just by watching the trailer. That socially awkward vibe he always gives off was great for his role in Mr. Robot, but not for a homicide detective. So many other young actors they coulda got for this role.

Back
Top Bottom