The Lord of the Rings : The Rings of Power Thread | Amazon Prime Series Fridays

One thing for sure is the production value for this series is REALLY, REALLY good.

Glad to see Bezos pump money into making this series.

I need to read up on the lore of LOTR. I kept thinking that this takes place after the battle with Sarumon. But really it's leading up to it.

Galadriel can get IT. That actress is a cutie.
Not sure how I feel about the Famous Jett Jackson looking elf. Crazy how slow elves age.
When the Elves go west are they dying? Is that like their Valhalla?

Anyone know who the guy that fell from the sky is supposed to be?

Looking forward to the rest of this series. I hope it goes all the way up to the battle where Isildur gets the ring.

Last edited:
they're not dying, they're going to Valinor (shown in first episode) which is more or less where they originate from.

entrance looks pretty mystical but it also doubles as a defense, technically only immortals can enter but if you seen the original trilogy some exceptions can be made.

I want to support this because I want more BILLION dollar shows.

But I only can deal with show dealing with this genre of fantasy and right now HoD has its hooks in me.

Gonna watch tonight. reddit probably in shambles right now. They hated seeing people of color and a female warrior in the trailers.

Who did that kid steal that broken sword from? Some random farmer just had it under his barn?

The 2 eps were cool. Established the plot but sure did introduce a lot of characters.

This production is just amazing and you can tell they spent big money on it all. Felt like I was watching a movie with those kids running by the stream. Some shots are just too good like when home lanced with the fire and when I guess the elves went to their version of Valhalla? :nerd:

Whole time I thought the meteor would hot the ship :lol:

If you havent read silmarillion and all you know about tolkien is frodo baggins legolas and gandalf like a random would only know jordan rodman pippen if you as him about NBA the show is great to watch

If you are deep into tolkien mythology (kinda a nerd) the show will be bad because the characters and the lore is really bastardised and there is no way you cant unsee things . Galadrielle never was never gifted a trip back to valinor and she could never swim back to middle earth from earth just because a flame of vengeance lit up suddenly inside her , she may be a high elf and kinda strong but she is not a maia to ride the seas like that . Also people should really not hype her powers up that much on reddit etc , until the lord of the rings saga she is hardly mentioned anywhere in the tolkien books , her powers are extrenely subpar compared to her brothers , aunts and fathers that defeated balrogs in combat and even wounded the most powerfull god himself morgoth compared to whom sauron is a french bulldog . Everything is done to create a plot though but i guess you get what kinda of massacre is done in tolkiens plot .

Cinematics are cool though

Last edited:
20220903_050458.jpg

Yea I know, I gotta conceal the wires.

Really dope show. I hate this amazon and HBO weekly release format

If I was a reader of Tolkien's stuff, I'd be mad too at the major changes that weren't needed. From just a show watcher perspective, the episodes so far were very good.

I don’t know what’s goin on.

The visuals are great though.
They don't really fill you in with what's going on so I definitely recommend watching Lord Of The Rings beforehand and by the time you're done with that, this will be on season 3.

The show is solid so far, I'm fortunate to be watching this and have another GoT series going on at the same time.

They don't really fill you in with what's going on so I definitely recommend watching Lord Of The Rings beforehand and by the time you're done with that, this will be on season 3.

The show is solid so far, I'm fortunate to be watching this and have another GoT series going on at the same time.

but isn't this like a prequel? like 2000 years before Lord of the rings series?

but isn't this like a prequel? like 2000 years before Lord of the rings series?
Yeah be it would be wise to get familiar with the factions, History, world, and Sauron. I feel like watching the movies would provide a good foundation to understanding the mechanisms of the shows story like knowing the significance of orcs, Middle-earth, elves, man, dwarfs, etc.

I became a fan from watching the original trilogy and my limited knowledge was enough to enjoy the first two episodes. So all the outrage from “purists” are meh.

I keep trying to tie-in characters from the show to the og trilogy and lol

I became a fan from watching the original trilogy and my limited knowledge was enough to enjoy the first two episodes. So all the outrage from “purists” are meh.

I keep trying to tie-in characters from the show to the og trilogy and lol
Those "purist" are sensitive whiners at best and veiled racists at worse. It's a ****ing show about a fictional fantasy book series. With the anger they show, you'd think that the creators were gutting medieval history.

Last edited:
One thing that continually throws me off is how long lived elves and trolls are.

That little mini conflict about the w of visiting prince troll and him complaining he's lived an entire lifetime since heast saw dude caught me off guard.

Even more so when they were establishing the premise and backstory. Never struck me some of the elves in that middle earth war would still be alive hundreds of years later to the point some are still searching for Sauron.

Small adjustments though.

Show has definity moved up me playing Shadow of Mordor and Shadow of War.

Last edited:
Some parts of the show are great and other parts have been mid AF.

I'm liking the abundance of POC characters though. Having just one in there would tokenize it but being as there's a bunch it makes it feel more 'normal'.

I can't front though when I saw the trailer seeing a short haired black elf was weird. Fantasy lore is whitewashed AF but Arondir is one of the doper characters in the series.

I think Amazon **** the bed with this one.

You don’t spend a billion on something a casual viewer can’t keep up with.

I liked LOTR and really liked the Hobbit Trilogy.

the amount of viewers say otherwise. going into the show, and even when the first trailer released, a casual viewer likely knew this wasn't going to be a "new" series. its not that hard to keep up with, if you at least heard of LOTR.

Joint got 25 million global viewers the first two eps. Somebody is keeping up.

Back
Top Bottom