The Major League Baseball Off-Season Post Vol. 24 days until Opening Day 2009

captb30899b97bf54633bb7vo8.jpg

Tell your cousins that he needs to lower his elbow below the play of his shoulder. Also that "Staying on top of the ball" (hence is cocked wrists)can create a timing problem that can cause more arm troubles. Rich Harden and Ben Sheets do the same thing.

His mechanics are very AJ Burrent, if you look at all the great durable pitchers, (Clemens, Maddux, Nolan Ryan...) they don't do those things.

I think this was mentioned elsewhere in this thread, but...
According to a baseball source, Washington has serious interest in free-agent outfielder Milton Bradley.

Bradley's presence could offset the overload of right-hand hitters in the Nationals lineup. He also would play center field.
Why do National League teams think this is a great idea?

Milton is great when he's on the field... But if he's playing the outfield everyday, how many games is he gonna play?

Originally Posted by Osh Kosh Bosh

Milton
pimp.gif

If the Rays get Milton.
eek.gif

Iwamura
Upton
Milton
Longoria
Pena
Crawford

sick.gif
smh.gif
They got the Red Sox AND Yankees to deal with this year.... Rays will have their work cut out for them in their effort to repeat ALEast Champs.

Originally Posted by TBONE95860

Milton
pimp.gif

If the Rays get Milton.
eek.gif

Iwamura
Upton
Milton
Longoria
Pena
Crawford

sick.gif
smh.gif
They got the Red Sox AND Yankees to deal with this year.... Rays will have their work cut out for them in their effort to repeat AL East Champs.

If they get Milton I think they have better pitching and hitting than the Red Sox and the yankee's rotation still has some question marks specifically AJBurnett. It's going to be close and competitive but I could see the Rays beating them out.

It won't be easy but I have my money on the rays. Plus BJ Upton (the most talented player in baseball
pimp.gif
) Is about to set the world on fire.

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

I think this was mentioned elsewhere in this thread, but...
According to a baseball source, Washington has serious interest in free-agent outfielder Milton Bradley.

Bradley's presence could offset the overload of right-hand hitters in the Nationals lineup. He also would play center field.
Why do National League teams think this is a great idea?

because, according to you, many people talked about him as being the best hitter in baseball last year. so, it's worth the risk of playing himin the outfield so you can have his bat.

and did i mention? Milledge + Dukes + Bradley = most gangsta outfield ever assembled.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Tell your cousins that he needs to lower his elbow below the play of his shoulder. Also that "Staying on top of the ball" (hence is cocked wrists) can create a timing problem that can cause more arm troubles. Rich Harden and Ben Sheets do the same thing.

His mechanics are very AJ Burrent, if you look at all the great durable pitchers, (Clemens, Maddux, Nolan Ryan...) they don't do those things.
ill let him no that he is a AJ BURRENT kinda pitcher
roll.gif
roll.gif

he throws a fastball 96-98.....ya he does throw the ball kinda funny but it has got him this far...

Originally Posted by arstyle27

Originally Posted by CP1708

What in the mother $#%^@*& hell are we doing?

Serious? What the *^$@?

Let Wood walk, trade for Gregg.
eyes.gif
Trade DeRosa for kids?
eyes.gif
Sign Aaron Miles?
eyes.gif
Gonna trade Marquis a innings eating starter for a middle releiver?
eyes.gif
Mess around with Milton (&^%$#@ Bradley?
eyes.gif
And say NOOOOOOO to Peavy?
indifferent.gif

God damn stupid friggin front office trying to outsmart themselves and make moves with the best team they've had in 50 years.
smh.gif

Jesus Christ these people are stupid.

Win 97 games. Sign Dempster, sign Wood, make a damn deal for Peavy by trading away nothing, move Marquis for a peice if you want, and maybe try to add a lefty bat (Abreu, maybe Milt) whatever. Call it an offseason and go forward. It shouldn't be that hard.

Instead, we're rolling dice and hoping it all works out. Gotta be @*%@#%* kidding me.

Yes, I'm mad. $%^& off.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
Another ex-Cardinal ughhhhhhh

This better be a prelude to something much bigger and better, because if Hendry traded DeRosa for prospects and Aaron Miles.....i'm gonna blow a gasket. Trading him for Peavy I could've lived with, but Aaron Miles?!?!??!? I hate that mother %+!#*#.

mad.gif

so that i'm not let down by another cubs collapse... i've vowed to not start paying attention to baseball until after labor day.

on that note, we just traded our best player from last season. we better get more.

Originally Posted by jakecuevas

Tell your cousins that he needs to lower his elbow below the play of his shoulder. Also that "Staying on top of the ball" (hence is cocked wrists) can create a timing problem that can cause more arm troubles. Rich Harden and Ben Sheets do the same thing.

ill let him no that he is a AJ BURRENT kinda pitcher
roll.gif
roll.gif

he throws a fastball 96-98.....ya he does throw the ball kinda funny but it has got him this far...
Don't say I didn't warn you.
grin.gif

610x.jpg

p1.burnett.jpg

8:43am: MetsBlog's Matthew Cerrone says a Derek Lowe signing is "feeling inevitable" for the New York National League club. They'll have to up their three-year, $36MM offer; Cerrone sees the Mets as unlikely to guarantee a fourth year or reach $15MM per.

Mets won't offer a 4th unless it something like 4yrs/51M, but other than that who the hell is going to sign him for 15, 16, even 17M per? I don't seemany other teams, maybe the Braves if they are that desperate?

The good thing about the low-ball offer from the Mets is that:

a) They are showing they are not THAT desperate

b) If someone offers more and Lowe is signed for about 15M per.....they can offer Oliver Perez a lot less at around 9-10M per.

At this point I would welcome the Lowe signing....Maine has been hurt the past 2 years, Ollie may not re-sign with the team, and you know teams will adjust toPelfrey (I'm sure he will do more than fine, dude is a special talent)....Lowe provides some stability.

...and LOL @ the whole last page being about the Nationals, who gives a !%+%?
laugh.gif

They will finish behind the Phillies, the Mets, and the Marlins.

Well, I mean... He's right...
laugh.gif

The dude's cousin did just get done saying a page ago that Chico is recovering from Tommy John and has had problems with his arm... Wonder why?
ohwell.gif

He's throwing 96 or 98 because he's loading up like a cannon and putting tons of stress on his arm...

He's not RIGHT though, dude posted question Heilman's pitching mechanics yet he has never been hurt.

It's not true for all cases.

Originally Posted by Mez 0ne

He's not RIGHT though, dude posted question Heilman's pitching mechanics yet he has never been hurt.

It's not true for all cases.
But it is true for the large majority of guys with those types of mechanics...

Let's not make it out like Aaron Heilman is anything but the exception in that case...
ohwell.gif

Pick out any pitcher that have had Tommy John surgery or have suffered from nagging injuries over the course of their careers... And you can point to one oftwo things to explain why... They've either got bad mechanics or they're just not in shape...

Bad mechanics yeah but not specifically to those examples he listed, it could be a whole range of things.

Its whatever though I'm not in the mood today
laugh.gif
, I'm just waiting for some football tomm.
smile.gif

im reading joel sherman's latest blog entry...what a fool. dude is DISCUSSING how dice k and jacoby for beltran would make sense. GTHOH

All this talk about Milton Bradley going to other teams, he's gonna sign with the Cubs. I'm 99% sure about that.

Osh Kosh Bosh, you might've mentioned it before, but what do you think about Lincecum's mechanics? I've read the SI article and all the other stuffabout his mechanics, but I was just interested to see what you thought about it.

Originally Posted by arstyle27

All this talk about Milton Bradley going to other teams, he's gonna sign with the Cubs. I'm 99% sure about that.

he's a headcase. i liked him with the dodgers but he's too much drama

Originally Posted by DeadsetAce

im reading joel sherman's latest blog entry...what a fool. dude is DISCUSSING how dice k and jacoby for beltran would make sense. GTHOH
i mean it could make sense if the sox got another player. cause Jacoby aint thing that special and beltran would would be a upgrade its just youwould need something to even outgiving away dice k. but i still wouldnt do it

Originally Posted by RetroBaller

i mean it could make sense if the sox got another player. cause Jacoby aint thing that special and beltran would would be a upgrade its just you would need something to even outgiving away dice k. but i still wouldnt do it
Really becuase I think Jacoby is going to be really good.

Originally Posted by TheZephyr777

Originally Posted by RetroBaller

i mean it could make sense if the sox got another player. cause Jacoby aint thing that special and beltran would would be a upgrade its just you would need something to even outgiving away dice k. but i still wouldnt do it
Really becuase I think Jacoby is going to be really good.
Beltran good though? I don't think so
Beltran may have tailed off some but....
30 HR--100 RBI--30 SB men are HARD to come by
Ellsbury should be good though... and he's fast as hell

[table][tr][td]Seasonal Averages (per 162 games played)[/td] [/tr][tr][td]YEARS[/td] [td]G[/td] [td]AB[/td] [td]R[/td] [td]H[/td] [td]2B[/td] [td]3B[/td] [td]HR[/td] [td]RBI[/td] [td]BB[/td] [td]SO[/td] [td]SB[/td] [td]CS[/td] [td]AVG[/td] [td]OBP[/td] [td]SLG[/td] [td]OPS[/td] [/tr][tr][td]9.14[/td] [td]162[/td] [td]626[/td] [td]113[/td] [td]176[/td] [td]35[/td] [td]7[/td] [td]29[/td] [td]108[/td] [td]75[/td] [td]114[/td] [td]30[/td] [td]4[/td] [td].281[/td] [td].357[/td] [td].496[/td] [td].853[/td] [/tr][/table]

[h1][/h1]
[h1]White Sox, O's talking about Roberts[/h1] [h2]All-Star second baseman reportedly the apple of Chicago's eye[/h2]
By Thomas Harding, Spencer Fordin and Scott Merkin / MLB.com

Reports of the Orioles looking to send two-time All-Star second baseman Brian Roberts to Chicago have been a staple of the Hot Stove season for years now. Nearly all of those rumors have involved Roberts ending up with the Cubs.
However, Roch Kubatko of the Mid-Atlantic Sports Network reported on Friday night that the White Sox have made the latest attempt to nab Roberts, who went to the Midsummer Classic in 2005 and '07. Kubatko wrote that the teams have talked about a deal that would send right-hander Gavin Floyd to Baltimore. The issue, according to the report, is that the Orioles want more.

Baltimore is known to be looking to add experience to its pitching staff. The O's inked veteran Mark Hendrickson earlier in the week to help flesh out their rotation and are believed to be a finalist for Japanese free agent Kenshin Kawakami. Staff ace Jeremy Guthrie is the only sure thing in the rotation, and Floyd would help add some certainty to a volatile equation.

The White Sox, as they stand, are looking at a void at second base. They have Chris Getz, who has 10 Major League games under his belt; Brent Lillibridge, who made his first 80 Major League appearances last year with the Braves and was acquired in a trade; and Jayson Nix, who began 2008 at the Rockies' second baseman but started slowly and saw his opportunities evaporate.

Chicago also has Cuban sensation Alexei Ramirez, who will be shifted to shortstop next season. Ramirez finished second in the American League's Rookie of the Year balloting behind Tampa Bay's Evan Longoria. His presence, along with prospects like Josh Fields, may allow the White Sox to consider adding Getz or Lillibridge to the other side of the equation. Roberts also would provide the proven leadoff hitter sought after by the South Siders.

Andy MacPhail, Baltimore's president of baseball operations, has said on multiple occasions that he'd prefer to sign Roberts to a contract extension instead of trading him. The switch-hitter will be a free agent after the season, though, and if MacPhail doesn't feel that an agreement is possible, he'll likely shift his focus to dealing Roberts and getting as much as he can in return.

Floyd, who turns 26 on Jan. 27, is a native of Annapolis, Md., and drew a minor media clamor when the favorite son returned to Baltimore as part of the White Sox in April and then again in late August. The right-hander was targeted by White Sox general manager Ken Williams during a December 2006 trade with Philadelphia in exchange for Freddy Garcia. The faith shown in Floyd by Williams and the organization paid huge dividends in 2008, when the righty posted a 17-8 record and a 3.84 ERA.

The highest monthly ERAs of the season for Floyd came in August (4.39) and September (4.81), but he still allowed a mere 190 hits in 206 1/3 innings over 33 starts. Floyd fanned 145 and walked 70.

Any potential trade involving Floyd would have to be followed by the addition of a veteran hurler to the rotation, where the White Sox already are thin. As of now, Floyd, Mark Buehrle and John Danks enter the upcoming season as the rotation's seasoned presences, while Clayton Richard, Aaron Poreda, Lance Broadway and Jeff Marquez are lined up to compete for the final two slots. Williams already has said the White Sox are bumping against their payroll limit currently, so it's not likely that addition would come through a pricey free-agency move.

With manager Ozzie Guillen having stated a couple of occasions during the offseason as to how he would take his chances on a team with solid pitching and defense, it's highly unlikely the White Sox would enter the 2009 campaign with three rotation openings. Williams pursued Roberts on a couple of occasions in 2008, but the return price was too steep at the time.

Thomas Harding, Spencer Fordin and Scott Merkin are reporters for MLB.com. This story was not subject to the approval of Major League Baseball or its clubs.

I would do it if it was Floyd for Roberts straight up, but I've heard of reports that the O's want Getz as well

hmmmm

Sources: Rays, Burrell agree to contract

Pat Burrell
is leaving the World Series champion Philadelphia Phillies for the runner-up Tampa Bay Rays.

Burrell has agreed in principle to a two-year, $16 million contract with the Rays, sources told ESPN The Magazine's Buster Olney on Monday. The deal is pending a physical.

In Tampa Bay, the left fielder would DH. Burrell batted .250 with 33 homers with the Phillies last season.

Burrell's signing with the Rays increases the likelihood that the Oakland Athletics will be the front-runners to sign Jason Giambi.

Back
Top Bottom