The Major League Baseball Offseason Post

Originally Posted by John Sterling

Awesome signing, no incentives at all?
Not that I've seen... Just straight $7.5...

Joe Saunders, Aybar and Bourjos is a STEAL for the Angels...
sick.gif
Saunderssucks.

Originally Posted by erupt107th

7:30pm: A major league source tells Bastian that Halladay might waive his not-trade clause to join the Angels.

7:19pm: The Angels have made an offer, according to Bob Elliott of the Toronto Sun. They'd give up Joe Saunders, Erick Aybar and Peter Bourjos for Halladay. Saunders and Aybar are set to become free agents after 2012. Halladay, of course, would have to approve any deal, but one unnamed executive implies the Angels believe Halladay would accept.

ohwell.gif
idk how i feel about this.
I'd pass on this offer if I'm the Jays.

Erick Aybar is nothing special...he's the type of guy you can sign for cheap through free agency.

Saunders is a good pitcher but he'll never be the ace the Jays are hoping for.

Anyway you look at it, its a losing situation for the Jays. Hard to replace arguably the best pitcher in the AL.

Hey, as long as he stays away from the Red Sox I'm okay with Halladay going to the Halos. But seriously, the Angels are going to regress this yearregardless of who they get.

Looks like the Rangers are pretty heavy into discussions for Mike Lowell... Would use him to backup third and first while primarily DHing every day...

Not flashy, but I like it...

Harden makes $6.5MM next year, with $3.5MM in incentives based on innings pitched. The deal includes an $11MM mutual option for 2011 that includes a $1MM buyout in case either side wants to decline. So the deal, which is still pending a physical, guarantees Harden a minimum of $7.5MM.
Rule 5 Draft tomorrow morning.

I still can't believe the Indians let Pino go unprotected.

Proshares
We would waive him.

I really like Joe Crede, but the guy just can't stay healthy. If he doesn't stay with us, and if the team that's snatches him up can keep himhealthy for the duration of the 162-game season (or at least the majority of it) you'd be getting GREAT value for the amount of money you'd probablysign him for. He's a great bat when healthy, but then again, a healthy Joe Crede is an oxymoron.

But anyway, this potential trade doesn't look like it has much substance:
Twitter
jaysonst:
Padres now "aggressively" trying to move Kevin Kouzmanoff, says one source who spoke w them. Hear Twins & Giants have been most interested

jayson stark at 5:07 CST.
Lavelle E. Neal III:

"Their search for a third baseman will likely continue well beyond the end of the winter meetings. San Diego continues to ask for too much for Kevin Kouzmanoff (although they really want to trade him and make room for Chase Headley). The Twins just won't give up more than Glen Perkins."

"Heard the Twins have had no contact with the agent for infielder Orlando Hudson.

Indications are that the Twins just aren't feeling Pedro Feliz."

In the Millwood trade the Rangers also got Baltimore's third overall pick in the Rule V... Probably where our other BP arm comes from, I'd suspect...

Good luck to Randy Wolf, he finally got that multi-year deal he has been looking for the past 3 off seasons. A little bit too expensive, IMO. He had a careeryear last season.

Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm

I thought you couldn't trade draft picks in baseball.
Well, it's technically PTBNL, but the Rangers will essentially make the pick...

For anyone who cares the A's have been looking at Hideki Matsui, Milton Bradley, and Kevin Kouzmanoff. Can you say WS?????

laugh.gif
That deal is so MEH it's incredible...

There's not one player in that deal that is much better than league average...

Originally Posted by WearinTheFourFive

For anyone who cares the A's have been looking at Hideki Matsui, Milton Bradley, and Kevin Kouzmanoff. Can you say WS?????
I sense sarcasm...

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

laugh.gif
That deal is so MEH it's incredible...

There's not one player in that deal that is much better than league average...
It's highway robbery,

I would take the two draft picks.
I would take JUST Jesus Montero over that mess.

#%##. the. Angels. and there wack farm system.

Rangers and Sox have reached a preliminary agreement on Lowell.... Sox will most the vast majority of the contract and get Max Ramirez in return. Pendingownership approval.

Probably means they didn't think Max was a catcher anyways...

Still think Saltalamacchia will be OK if he can get healthy.

The Reds are going after Craig Counsell and Jamey Carroll
alien.gif
Sucks beinga fan of a small market team that has been trying to rebuild for the past 10 years.

Back
Top Bottom