The Major League Baseball Offseason Post

They are saying Halladay would be willing to give em a discount to play for the Phills and Cliff Lee won't.

Matsui to the angels
pimp.gif

Why would anyone be excited about having Hideki Matsui on their team?
laugh.gif

Especially when it means Vladimir Guerrero won't be anymore.

BREAKING NEWS: John Heyman reports Halladay to the Phillies, Cliff Lee to the Mariners, and the Blue Jays get prospects from both teams.

Lee and King Felix.
sick.gif

Philly had to make that move since Lee wanted to test FA in 2010 (and Doc wants to sign an extension), they still don't have a reliable # 2 pitcher though(Hamels is a %+*#@). Maybe Happ will step up.

This move is a GREAT one for Seattle.

Wow @ the Phillies just dumping Lee... Ungrateful bastards. Lee, come to Minny
pimp.gif

BTW, Evan Longoria on MLB 2k10... Too bad the 2k series sucks.
10666.jpg

I swear to God Omar Minaya is the biggest piece of #!%+!!! %!#$. How the @$%% do you miss out on both Roy Halladay and John Lackey when you don't have anystarters capable of winning 15 games? What a #!%+!!! joke.

The Mets are seriously burying themselves in a #!%+!!! hole if they think they can win next year with that rotation.

Like Jason Marquis (who they probably won't even sign) and a bunch of deadbeats with mental and injury problems is going to win 100 games.

I'm #!%+!!! tight right now.

Why aren't we making any moves? Our biggest sign of progress is offering Jason Bay 5 million more than the Sox? Thinking Benjie Molina is going to save thepitching staff? What a joke.

I want Marquis signed already. He's a solid number three starter.
And I want a chance taken on either Bedard, Wang or Escobar (especially if he takes a minor league offer).

You know what bothers me most about this whole chain of events (Doc to the Phillies, Lackey to the Sox) is the fact that we're probably going to panic nowand give a jerkoff like Joel Piniero a 5 year deal and get burnt badly.

Off topic but how long until the Sox trade for Adrian Gonzalez now that they have a great 1-2-3 punch?

Edit: And yeah you know what, call me irrational, but I want the Mets to offer the whole farm system to get Zack Greinke. We need a pitcher of his caliber now.
God I'm so pissed.

Originally Posted by nnarum

Wow @ the Phillies just dumping Lee... Ungrateful bastards. Lee, come to Minny
pimp.gif
They're looking at long term with this trade. They rather pay Roy now (when he is willing to take less than the Johan deal) then pay Lee atthe end of next season when he is going to command a lot of money.

Lee/King Felix combo though
sick.gif

Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm

I swear to God Omar Minaya is the biggest piece of #!%+!!! %!#$. How the @$%% do you miss out on both Roy Halladay and John Lackey when you don't have any starters capable of winning 15 games? What a #!%+!!! joke.

The Mets are seriously burying themselves in a #!%+!!! hole if they think they can win next year with that rotation.

Like Jason Marquis (who they probably won't even sign) and a bunch of deadbeats with mental and injury problems is going to win 100 games.

Why aren't we making any moves? Our biggest sign of progress is offering Jason Bay 5 million more than the Sox? Thinking Benjie Molina is going to save the pitching staff? What a joke.

And I want a chance taken on either Bedard, Wang or Escobar (especially if he takes a minor league offer).

You know what bothers me most about this whole chain of events (Doc to the Phillies, Lackey to the Sox) is the fact that we're probably going to panic now and give a jerkoff like Joel Piniero a 5 year deal and get burnt badly.

Off topic but how long until the Sox trade for Adrian Gonzalez now that they have a great 1-2-3 punch?

Edit: And yeah you know what, call me irrational, but I want the Mets to offer the whole farm system to get Zack Greinke. We need a pitcher of his caliber now.
God I'm so pissed.
Did you forget Johan? We'll gladly take him back if he's not working out for you. And please god no, don't let AG come to Chi....

I doubt Wang will sign in the NL.

They're unwillingless to let go off Clay or Lester will kill that deal.

Originally Posted by Proshares

I doubt Wang will sign in the NL.

They're unwillingless to let go off Clay or Lester will kill that deal.
You know what though, with them signing Lackey to a 5 year deal, I gotta think they're willing to let Bucholtz walk. All they have to do issign a guy like Piniero or Marquis to a 2 year deal and wait around until Kelly is ready to pitch. Or, dare I say, take a chance on a high reward guy likeDucheser, Bedard or Sheets.
Did you forget Johan? We'll gladly take him back if he's not working out for you. And please god no, don't let AG come to Chi....
indifferent.gif

I swear to God Omar Minaya is the biggest piece of #!%+!!! %!#$. How the @$%% do you miss out on both Roy Halladay and John Lackey when you don't have any starters capable of winning 15 games? What a #!%+!!! joke.

Why aren't we making any moves? Our biggest sign of progress is offering Jason Bay 5 million more than the Sox? Thinking Benjie Molina is going to save the pitching staff? What a joke.

You know what bothers me most about this whole chain of events (Doc to the Phillies, Lackey to the Sox) is the fact that we're probably going to panic now and give a jerkoff like Joel Piniero a 5 year deal and get burnt badly.

God I'm so pissed.

Try being a Cubs fan, that'll calm you down for a bit.

We took a 97 win team, let our closer walk, traded for a bum we had to demote, signed Milton as our big prize, to do that we traded our glue guy in DeRosa,traded a solid 4-5 starter in Marquis, let a middle reliever go in Howry, all to save the money for the bum Bradley who flamed in the biggest of ways, signedanother tiny white guy in Aaron Miles to go along with our other tiny white guys Theriot and Fontenot, re-signed Harden for one year, only to let him walkafter the year and get nothing in return for him, and have done absolutely nothing since to correct ANY of these mistakes.

So you see, it's not just the Mets that are poorly run, there is always somebody worse.
smh.gif

indifferent.gif

Can you let things play out first?
laugh.gif

Blue Jays wanted packages including Reyes, who is pretty much our offense.

Lackey is getting a lot of money, though.....Mets are NOT the Yankees they have a budget.

Regardless if the Mets get Molina and Bay (which would be very good moves), they will make a move for a pitcher. Mets NEED to get those two guys.

Man, this is heart-breaking.

I dont even like baseball but I tried to catch Roy Halladay's starts whenever possible.

This guy is perhaps the greatest Blue Jay ever.

I hope he wins a ring with the Phillies. He deserves it.

One more thing...baseball in Toronto is DEAD. DEAD.

There's absolutely no reason for Jays fans to go to games next season. The only person you'll see in attendance is Osh Kosh Bosh filling out hisscorecard while listening to the game's commentary on his Sony Walkman.

J/K browski
laugh.gif

Just trying to figure out what the *@%+ Seattle couldve given up to get this done... Their farm sucks..

on my phone so i cant quote. but word on the street is that Gonzalez taklks are heating up now that we have Lackey. Buck is expendable now.

and %+% are the Jays thinking im sure there were betterdeals out there for Halladay. But w/e hes not a Yankee so I cant complain. Great deal for the Mariners.they made the steal of the offseason so far getting lee for some prosects and not having to get rid of Felix. Phillies push giving up an ace for an ace. andthe Jays, smdh.

Back
Top Bottom