The Meaning of Deadstock

Yes, deadstock is discontinued products, but in the sneaker world, it means not worn. Doesn't really make any sense, does it?
Kinda like OG in the sneaker world means original......

Originally Posted by NJstress03

Originally Posted by Lightweight Champion

I agree with the OP, DS means no longer in stock at stores. Think about it and break down the two words.
- Dead: No longer functioning or cease to exist.
- Stock: Supply of goods or inventory product

Therefore if you put 2 and 2 together you get Deadstock: Inventory product that ceased to exist.
that's what it SHOULD mean, but that isnt the case in the sneakerhead world
Agreed ^^^

Originally Posted by NJstress03

flyrobotics wrote:
I agree the term changed over the years.Now it's OG and deadstock now means fresh out the box. So even if I keep the wackest pair never worn. I got deadstock kix. Times do change.
terminology has the tendency of havin its definition change over time, especially slang

/Thread.

Originally Posted by Oh YoU MaD

I agree with the OP, DS means no longer in stock at stores. Think about it and break down the two words.

Therefore if you put 2 and 2 together you get Deadstock: Inventory product that ceased to exist.

So my 17s are DS
pimp.gif

11r9pnd.png
roll.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by Nktran001

So my 17s are DS
pimp.gif

11r9pnd.png
laugh.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by czur1127

Originally Posted by Nktran001

So my 17s are DS
pimp.gif

11r9pnd.png
laugh.gif
roll.gif
I'm just saying, it used to be an ode to the game to get something that was dead in stock and not just "I never wore these". Believeme I dont got a problem with it, Im' just recognizin' the change. 100.

So my 17s are DS
pimp.gif

11r9pnd.png
that is dead stock for a totally different reason
grin.gif

Back
Top Bottom