The Minnesota Timberwolves Thread: Timberwolves, Anthony Bennett part ways

I really think that both teams won in this trade.

I wish nothing but the best to you guys. I'm serious. I want Bennett and Wiggins to be amazing.

If you guys don't mind I'd like to chime in this thread from time to time to talk about the development of those Canadians :pimp:

This video is sweet you guys should check it out.

Bust after playing 52 games? Child Please.

I agree that it is a trade that on paper looks like it is a win-win for both teams. That's rare in the NBA.

Sweet vid FF. :pimp:

Last edited:
I really think that both teams won in this trade.

I wish nothing but the best to you guys. I'm serious. I want Bennett and Wiggins to be amazing.

If you guys don't mind I'd like to chime in this thread from time to time to talk about the development of those Canadians :pimp:

This video is sweet you guys should check it out.

Bust after playing 52 games? Child Please.

Anytime bruh...as long as you don't mind me in the Cavs thread being that I'm a avid LeBron fan nd all :lol:

No hard feelings toward love I kno he is gonna do his thing in your city

Last edited:
I keep having this feeling bennett is gonna be a beast...

Glad we got Thad without losing him :smokin

Can't hate on Love for wanting out.. He's the reason we got these two young Canadians.. it's been a while since I've seen so much buzz about the twolves and people being excited for the season, last season people kind of felt that way because we were considered to fight for a low seed in the West. But it feels different this year.

As for Bennett it's cool we didn't trade him.. give him his fair shot here, I didn't really follow him or see any Cavs games last year to judge him.. but I was really confused, cause watching him in college it seemed like his game would translate over to the NBA.. from all the interviews they did when they got here I'm just now learning that he had shoulder surgery and missed a lot of the summer his rookie year to prepare.. and watching that video FF posted I see what I seen from him in college.. he looks like he has a ton potential. Hopefully he can get back into shape and is healthy going into this season so he can show everyone why he was the #1 pick

Last edited:
I never understood why people like to call players bust after 1 season :lol: . I think it takes at least 3 years to see what type of player someone can become in the NBA. A lot goes into a player's development when they first enter. Changing teams, different coaches, their surroundings, teammates, etc. There are a lot of players who just need the right situation when entering the league and it could be the difference between them becoming a role player and a star.

Imagine if Memphis gave up on Conley early and he ended up bouncing around the league or went to a team that sucks at developing talent. The thing I fear the most for WIggins/Bennett is that Minnesota is not what you call the most stable organization. They may end up dealing with a lot of coaching changes and not having the right leadership on board may cause them to develop slower. If they were naturally born leaders it would be a little different, but I don't get that from either player.

Last edited:
How did I miss this thread last year? Anyways, I'm glad i found this thread. It's nice to see some Timberwolves fans. Being from Alaska, it's hard finding someone who cares about this team. Been a fan since 2003.

So excited for this season. If it ends up being a losing season, it'll still be exciting to unlike last year. I imagine it like the LA Clippers with Brand, Miles and Odom.

I'm interested in how Shabazz will for in this year. I don't think he fits in with this team's future.

My son Brady Heslip got a camp invite. :pimp:

a European team should be looking to poach him right now, Id be shocked if he played a minute in L, he`s basically a tiny Steve Novak.

Last edited:
Depends. I don't like a max deal and is this at the expense of Rubio?

Too early for me to know how to feel about it.

So any thoughts about the Lakers being an option for Rubio if he doesn't get a max?

I would like him to stay but no matter what he does this season could persuade me he's deserving of it. Playoffs or not. I think this franchise is ALL WIGGINS.

Oh yeah, Coach Chauncey Billups anyone? :nerd:

Don't give him the max, and they will not give him the max. If you have to play hardball with a player that doesn't know his value let him shop himself and come hurling back to Earth, or let it be somebody else's mistake.

I am so hyped for LaVine I think dude is just going to dominate SC Top 10s.

I am so hyped for LaVine I think dude is just going to dominate SC Top 10s.

Yea watching him on dunks after dark I like his attitude he hungry to prove himself. I think he might go harder then Wiggins if giving the right minutes

We have to clear up some room for Lavine though. I can see Flip playing JJ and Mo next season.

With Head Coach Chauncey Billups (If so I'm down) I want the young guys to come out next season and play FREE! I want Rubio to show this season he IS the LEADER and him and Wiggins build something for the next decade!

I'm really excited for this season but with the amount of vets we have concern me. The west is a struggle for sure and Houston and Portalnd has gotten weaker but Dallas has mad some improvements. I can see Hou/Port/Phx/N.O./and us fighting for the last two spots.

Plus if we do totally suck which I don't see what would we be looking for in next years draft? We're pretty locked up with future talent and all spots: Lavine, Bazz,Wiggins, GR3, AB and Deing.

Do we have our pick this year?

Back
Top Bottom