The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

Bro is dumb corny. Punchlines not even pinching my funnybone.
The guys that dont have the gift of gab and are going to play that game should hire a comedian to write their jokes. No one will care if it's original if it's funny.

But I dont think he does Gamebred the same way as Woodley since Mas isn't looking for a single punch to end the fight, all the while backinng up to the fence while waiting for opportunity. Mas will do a thing us Woodley fans have wanted Woodley to do for years; move laterally and circle to the center of the cage. But once Usman gets his hands on him in an advantageous clinch situation is gonna be bad news for GB. In that sense it will most likely be similar. Usman is just so strong.

Anyone think Leon gives Woodley real problems? Im personally not seeing it yet.

I don't think these guys want to actually trash talk but I'm sure the directive is coming straight from Dana White

Got to sell PPVs

Leon hasn’t really KO’d anyone so it seems like his best bet is outpointing and going to the later rounds to test woodleys gas tank

If woodley tries to wrestle it’ll be interesting to see if Leon still uses his kicks

Overall Leon’s striking is exceptional I could see him keeping woodley at bay

I don't think these guys want to actually trash talk but I'm sure the directive is coming straight from Dana White

Definitely. Listening to interviews over the past couple of years, you'll hear people talking about 'playing the game' in an effort to keep their name in the hat.

I agree Vince. Thing is, I dont think his wrestling is better or stronger, so he loses the thing that keeps Woodley in check. Being able to walk him down with decent striking and then pin him on the fence is a big part of what gives Woodley trouble IMO. He's going to need to strike more, and that just gives Woodley more opportunity for counter.

Pacquiao should fight Conor, would probably be the easiest payday of his career. Then he can ride off into the sunset and become president of the Philippines

Khabib throwing out an interesting proposal vs Floyd

“We said a long time ago: let us finish with Tony, after that we will work with [the team of Ukrainian boxer Vasily] Lomachenko for six months, then there will be a boxing fight,” Nurmagomedov added. “We offer any day anywhere, with only one condition: 11 rounds in boxing and one in mixed martial arts. We will stand 11 rounds against the best boxer, so why not go one round according to the rules of MMA with us? But all things will happen after Tony.”

I’m actually not mad at that idea, one round in the cage might get some of these boxers to give it a shot, could be interesting.

Bud Crawford has a wrestling background, that’s be wild seeing him in the cage. If he can manage to stay standing I think he could spark just about anybody from 145 to 155.

As far as Woodley & Leon, that’s a huge win if Leon pulls it off. I think it’s a real bad matchup for him mainly because he lacks the power to really keep Woodley honest. A high work rate just gives him more openings to counter and all it takes is one for Tyron. Also he doesn’t have a wrestling base so getting controlled for 5 rounds could be in play too. Plus Woodley is working with Firas now. If Leon wins that one he’s a title contender for sure.

Why is Usman unlikable? Like he's not charismatic or dynamic enough? Or is it something else?

7A524C5A-95CA-44FC-ADDF-87887CD86BD5.png

I mean who cares if it's Khabib or not. It's still true and factual and if Khabib was asked about those three fights he'd flat out say it.

Back
Top Bottom