The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

Jesus.

I like Rogan and most of his crew of people but I really don't care for his Sober November crew......especially Ari. This is the guy that spiked Molly on his friend for fun.

Jesus.

I like Rogan and most of his crew of people but I really don't care for his Sober November crew......especially Ari. This is the guy that spiked Molly on his friend for fun.

He posted an IG live video about it too... He likes to troll but he is fishing for something here... He isn't funny on any level nor are any of the guys in Rogans stable IMO.

Jesus.

Yeah Ari is trash. You can tell at the sober October podcast when they found out about him spiking Bert they all looked at him like "yo wtf is wrong with you". Idk about Rogan anymore but I like Bert and Segura and I bet they cut ties with Ari after this. Dude is a habitual line stepper.

Yeah Ari is trash. You can tell at the sober October podcast when they found out about him spiking Bert they all looked at him like "yo wtf is wrong with you". Idk about Rogan anymore but I like Bert and Segura and I bet they cut ties with Ari after this. Dude is a habitual line stepper.
He can't feel too good about his career when Schaub, who has barely been on the scene, is already surpassing him on that note... And Ari comes off as having a lot of jealousy and doesn't want success for many... Agree, he is a habitual line stepper

Luke sounds foolish. He’s ignoring the 20 minute diatribe and Joe mocking SAS.

All of the MMA media are agreeing with JRE. I honestly think they’re very insular. I do agree that SAS was doing his schtick and it came across as insulting of Cowboy as a warrior and someone whois a legend of the sport but you can’t hate ESPN for what they did. They’re trying to expand the interest of the sport to the casual despite the massive pay wall they’ve erected.

tbh to us MMA fans who've been with the sport for years, I don't think it's a story. I didn't care one bit about it and we all know Rogan is an idiot himself on things. I was surprised that so many seemed to want to take such a stance one way or the other. Irrelevant non story

Anybody whose seen his boxing coverage knows his knowledge of the sport is lacking. It’s pretty well understood that he’s just there for ratings and folks that know the sport essentially ignore him or laugh off how little he knows. They don’t get on their soapboxes and attack the guy like he just slapped their mother.

Joe did way too much trying to clown SAS in that podcast, it was pretty unprofessional considering his position, and I’m not even gonna press play on that goofy **** Luke Thomas just did. Fatality? Lord.

It’s not even close to that serious and these MMA dudes are looking like complete clowns.

Not sure I completely agree with Chael. Seems like he’s towing the company line.

Luke too opinionated against an outsider. Joe could’ve handled it better.

JRE with Usman. The weed talk. Smh. They really try to discuss the science of coughing while smoking. I was super surprised about Usman’s knee issues. That is crazy. And the fact he has that type of conditioning is insane and still manages to take down.

Also Joe sending his mom to Panama. I have a bum knee. I might want some of the juice he’s sipping.

mma fans have this weird mindset about the sport and any outside opinion
if it was up to them, they'd still would prefer it to be "underground"
joe rogan and his followers are just as cringe :sick:

mma fans have this weird mindset about the sport and any outside opinion
if it was up to them, they'd still would prefer it to be "underground"
joe rogan and his followers are just as cringe :sick:
My main issue with SAS is that he hasnt stepped into that venue and fought so for him to call a guy, who has always been known as game as anyone for a fight, a quitter is out of bounds... If he really knew the history of both fighters the easy thing to see is that Cowboy is a slow starter in EVERY fight and Conor is a front runner in EVERY fight... If Conor was going to win it was going to be this way... Cowboy couldn't withstand the early minutes which has always been his Achilles heel

Cowboy mentally breaks in high pressure fights, it’s psychological not physical. I wouldn’t call him a quitter at all, he’s had comeback wins like vs Guillard, but to the uninitiated what he did vs. Conor looked like an absolutely terrible performance that bordered on throwing the fight or just showing up for the check. Regardless of Conor being a fast starter, Cowboy definitely **** the bed in a high stakes fight once again.

In hindsight, the broken nose and orbital show that Conor did some real damage with the shoulder strikes and it’s fair to suggest that anyone saying he “quit” is missing the mark.

But there’s a way to explain that unemotionally and with tact, vs. the cornball lynch mob **** that a lot of these MMA fans and analysts seem to be going with in this situation. It’s just not a good look.

If we’re going to acknowledge SAS schtick then we should do the same for Rogan. He’s always been “outspoken” on anything newsy and his show is the “woke” type platform to do that

I don’t think it’s worth getting worked up on either side which is what I’m somewhat surprised by

Rogan has said dumb **** from time to time but the only time I really remember him going off on coworkers, fighters or associates like he did SAS was when he was calling Cyborg a man, which was wild disrespectful and he definitely got pushback for it. I mean Colvy even said he’d slap Joe and Joe just went the peaceful higher road route, that seemed to be more of his schtick as of late. Maybe I’m missing something though.

With his position and his platform he should have and could have had a little more tact, but it seems like his approach basically set the tone for everyone else.

And there’s not necessarily sides, SAS said his piece and left it alone days ago but dudes like Luke Thomas are still making corny videos and chirping about it on blogs and social media, just looks lame.

Once all that stops it’ll blow over like everything else

Well, it’s not usual for a person like SAS to be brought into a ufc telecast/coverage so that’s probably why we haven’t seen Rogan do this before. Let alone a major ppv event

Rogan has always been edgy and opinionated just like SAS

I guess what I’m trying to say is SAS did his usual thing and Rogan reacted as I would expect him too. I don’t see the issue really with either guy. So trying to place blame or scold anyone doesn’t seem like the move

Back
Top Bottom