The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

If you really look at Cody's resume, it's now clear that his run was matchup friendly as hell. Even more so than say a Conor

His best wins are against opponents who have no power

From almost finishing TJ to what he's become... crazy. Still, he would have been exposed sooner than later

If you really look at Cody's resume, it's now clear that his run was matchup friendly as hell. Even more so than say a Conor

His best wins are against opponents who have no power

From almost finishing TJ to what he's become... crazy. Still, he would have been exposed sooner than later
He definitely got fast tracked to the title.

These last 3 ppv main cards have been the best consecutive ones I can remember. Volkov/Tybura is the only fight I recall being trash during this time. Almost every ppv fight delivered. Can even throw in the Volk/Ortega card.

Cody needs to take a hard look at his future in this sport. All those knock downs and KOs in only a few years at a young age is terrible for his health. He's not defensively sound and can't take on any real heavy hitters at 25 or 35.

Cody should retire before he is cut.

I absolutely despised the Neale/Ponz fight from last night. Completely disrupted the pace.

But the cards have been good. No complaints. Let's keep the momentum going. Looking forward to new match ups. Up and coming stars finally being tested.

Fights I'm looking forward to in the next year:

Gane/Francis
TJ/Aldo
Dariush/Islam
Nunes/Pena II lol
Do Bronx/Gaethje

No clue if we're getting:

Leon/Usman II
Rose/Esparza II
Glover/jiri
Weili/JJ II

Or if we see:
Jones
McGregor
Diaz Brothers

justin can definitely absorb more damage than oliviera. charles is tough but was eating a lot of punches to the head and we've seen gaethje put people away with one punch. charles needs to attack the body and drag him to the ground like how he fought last night.

Who's the best in the UFC in terms of not getting hit?
I can't think of anyone with Adesanya's matrix like ability to dodge punches/picks

Kelvin gave him some trouble but apart from that he's been untouchable. Loss to Jan was more to his complete lack of ground game than being hit to death.

Jan was getting in strikes. The wrestling is what sealed it in his favor with Izzy. Izzy was too small. And he under estimated Jan’s ability. Styles make fights. It’s why Glover was able to beat Jan.

As far as Justin goes, if Charles has decided to take to give and has endured that rd 1 with Chandler and eaten Dustin’s shots in rd 1. And then things devolve rounds 2-5…I’m not sure what Justin is going to do differently besides leg kicks. He doesn’t really sub, doesn’t really do takedowns or wrestle. Charles does it all. Justin shows a *****, Charles is going to attack it. Dustin showed his back briefly and Charles subbed him.

Trevor is going to need to come up with a good game plan. Can’t do the war of attrition. It’s stupid.

charles is tough and survived a bomb from chandler but gaethje can hit him with more than one. Whenever dustin was connecting even with medium power shots his head was getting snapped back every time. he recovers well but if he eats a power combo I think he'll go to sleep. Maybe i'm overestimating justin's power and underestimating oliviera's chin.

Who's the best in the UFC in terms of not getting hit?
I can't think of anyone with Adesanya's matrix like ability to dodge punches/picks

Kelvin gave him some trouble but apart from that he's been untouchable. Loss to Jan was more to his complete lack of ground game than being hit to death.
Chimaev and it ain't close. Man's got more wins than sig strikes taken :lol:

To be serious though, if we're only talking about the top class fighters, I'd say Izzy is at least top 3. The way he rolls with punches is top notch, always in a great position. Not to mention he also has a very good SApM.

Valentina has sound defense too but her competition isn't as good as the other women weight classes.

charles is tough and survived a bomb from chandler but gaethje can hit him with more than one. Whenever dustin was connecting even with medium power shots his head was getting snapped back every time. he recovers well but if he eats a power combo I think he'll go to sleep. Maybe i'm overestimating justin's power and underestimating oliviera's chin.
I mean a good punch can sleep everyone.

We can’t use MMA math…or we’d say crazy things like Charles slept Chandler while Justin did not. Or Charles subbed Dustin…Justin did not.

I personally think Chandler didn’t use all his weapons in the Gaethje fight. While Justin did…

We know Justin’s weapons. Leg kicks. Jabs. Uppercuts. Maybe some clinch work. I won’t lie he leaves beautiful destruction in the cage. He could sleep Charley Olives.

Let’s look forward to it. I doubt they’d do it in Brazil but it would be dope.

And Chimaev only has four fights in the UFC. All against real, game opponents. But let’s hold out until he fights top ten opponents. I can’t see him having that distinction if he fought a Colby.

I really can’t think of anyone who tries to completely minimize the number of strikes toward them besides Khabib, Islam, etc. It’s tough at high level.

One of my boys keep saying the reason Cody is not right is because an infection he had and Covid. He said no excuses, but he hasnt been able to buikd stamina and its out there trying to knock people out.

Back
Top Bottom