The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- UFC 300 ON NOW

oh also i think Luke Thomas and Chaels MMA "shows" are alot more entertaining. Ariel got the MMA news beat covered but id rather hear either one of them discuss current events

You should do both gi and nogi, they complement each other. Nogi tends to be faster paced as you can't grip/slow down people as well as you can in the gi. Be ready to get smashed for a while. Just passed the 10 year mark this week training BJJ.

Will do thanks for the advice. Wow congrats on 10 years that’s amazing. Yea I’ve been tapping like crazy to avoid injury and honestly I’m learning a lot relatively quickly. I’ll make sure to incorporate both styles early so that one isn’t foreign and I’m decent in both styles.

oh also i think Luke Thomas and Chaels MMA "shows" are alot more entertaining. Ariel got the MMA news beat covered but id rather hear either one of them discuss current events
Luke Thomas new mma hour is better

Ariel used to have great content but he’s jumped the shark and is pretty much a puppet

The best show imo is the A Side with Shaun al Shatti and Marc ramondi

The mma beat is my second favorite show

seems like after Ariel cried for his pass back from dana he turned into more of puppet
hopefully, espn will allow Ariel to be more vocal and share his opinions, but i doubt it with their history

Wonder what timeslot they’ll give his show. Hopefully not at a time no none will watch.

Ali is a real live power broker

he knows everyone and is respected by everyone.

hes like the rich paul of MMA

His reputation leaves much to be desired with the terrorist accusations, Domination MMA contracts, PFL/WSOF involvement, how he inserts himself into beefs and his unprofessionaliam.

I’ll admit, he has a huge stable of fighters and he managed to get Marty Usman a title fight.

Luke Thomas new mma hour is better

Ariel used to have great content but he’s jumped the shark and is pretty much a puppet

The best show imo is the A Side with Shaun al Shatti and Marc ramondi

The mma beat is my second favorite show

I prefer the old MMA Beat with Ariel, Luke, Chuck M. and occasionally Jeff Wagonhym (sp). Honestly, Ariel birthed that show and the MMA Hour.

He’s gone a bit more corporate thanks to ESPN’s greater involvement with the sport. He’s no different than Max Kellerman, Stephen A, etc.

His show is the same. He breaks “news” (fights) and executes the best interviews bar none. I can’t stand listening to Luke’s interviews. They’re clunky.

What I do like bout Luke’s show is the Monday Morning Analyst and when he gets into the technical aspects of the sport. Those are definitely his strengths and what his old MMAfighting and personal YouTube channel were centered around.

I just enjoy Luke having an opinion on things. I understand that Ariel isn’t really the opinion type media guy but yeah

Still though, The A Side show is where it’s at

That’s the difference. Because he “tries” to practice journalism, he can’t have an opinion. It would be against journalistic ethics.

As a former journalist, I respect it. He’s not a sports personality like Max, Stephen, Dan Labetard (who started out as a sports reporter), etc.

The only gray area is his show with Chael.

Sean Al Shadi and Marc Ramundi are respectable. And that is an improvement over the when Luke was on the show by himself.

Espn featuring mma on the front page. Hmm

EB7F148A-DF81-42F7-A69E-A2AF9934089B.png

I also find it a little funny they are doing their first card on ESPN+ instead of regular ESPN (which doesn't get it first official card until 2/17)

A positive could be the promos for big cards though, maybe we get something like UFC Primetime again for some of the PPV's.

Ehh I actually like the Pettis-Wonderboy matchup. I don't see Pettis competing for a title in either LW or WW but he has shown in his last couple fights he still has the ability to pull out a w or put on a show. The Wonderboy match could be fun with an aggressive Pettis getting some kicks in and maybe a sub. Wonderboy hasn't shown us much in a while.

Not really that dumb for Pettis imo. He gets a big name and a top 5 ww. He wasn’t going to get another top 5 opponent at lw

No matter what he’s probably going to face a killer, he isn’t in rebuild mode where he’s going to fight a nobody. Midas whale not cut weight and not face a guy who’s going to take him down for 15 min

Yeah but Wonderboy is a bad matchup. He’s bigger, longer, taller, extremely defensive. It’ll be a boring fight based on the WB matchups against Woodley, Masvidal and Till

Pettis could’ve asked for a fight against Gaethje or Barbosa. Vick coming off a loss. IJS.

Pettis just here for the money

So we don’t get anyMore countdowns/embedded?

Back
Top Bottom