The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- UFC 300 ON NOW

Dan could’ve let it go and the clock would’ve run out without any more damage. Rozenstruik walked off and Overeem was starting to get up. Overeem really was robbed of a win by the ref.

I’ll def watch Ngannou end this dude though.

My issue was him walking away. He should’ve kept Striking.

Sucks for Reem. He definitely won that fight for most of the five rounds.

1575785629432.png

My issue was him walking away. He should’ve kept Striking.

Sucks for Reem. He definitely won that fight for most of the five rounds.

This is the main reason I feel it was a terrible stoppage. Last seconds fighter walks away like it’s a walk off KO when Reem’s eyes are open and legs are gone. Five seconds...I’d be pissed.

Looks worse than Lawler’s vs Rory too... Good God that thing just exploded... Dude hits HARD

I get that the stoppage looked weird but I prefer that than seeing Reem eating a follow up shot like this

I enjoy seeing Rockhold get destroyed though lol

I get that the stoppage looked weird but I prefer that than seeing Reem eating a follow up shot like this

I enjoy seeing Rockhold get destroyed though lol
I think that was a good stoppage

ref gave him a chance and he only ate 1 more after

Yeah but he got up immediately. It’s Rozenstruik for not continuing until the ref saved it off.
Dan Mirgliota made some poor decisions yesterday (Struve and the main event).

Getting up immediately doesn't mean anything, we've seen many times where fighters get up from a beating but are clearly done. You want the guy to take unnecessary damage? He clearly wasn't protesting the stoppage and still hasn't. The match was over and the right fighter won so no harm done

What unnecessary damage? his opponent was turned around and not even paying attention. The 4 seconds would’ve passed and fight would’ve been over.

Exactly. The stoppage was weird or clunky.

If Rozenstruik had continued, totally. He literally turned his back and Alistair sprung up after a second. He may have been concussed, damaged. But he still had some sort of wit about him.

I’m not wanting for that man to suffer long term damage from fighting 90 times professional.

I just think with the Struve and weird main event ending, Dan Mirglioata made some dumb decisions.

MVP was right.

What unnecessary damage? his opponent was turned around and not even paying attention. The 4 seconds would’ve passed and fight would’ve been over.
Brain cell loss and more severe plastic surgery perhaps? Some are saying Rozenstruik should have landed more shots to get the "proper" stoppage. In those 4 seconds he definitely could have landed more, is that really necessary?

Interesting

Israel and Rogan talking about how Colby is really a super polite and nice dude who is just going full blown character to sell fights is the first time I’ve heard about it. And then this. Not that I didn’t already think he was doing a character. Rather the extent of it and what nice things they had to say.

Last edited:
Brain cell loss and more severe plastic surgery perhaps? Some are saying Rozenstruik should have landed more shots to get the "proper" stoppage. In those 4 seconds he definitely could have landed more, is that really necessary?

See/listen MMA Beyond Ep 94.

Ray Longo literally breaks down why it was a bad stoppage at the start.

We’re questioning Dan Mirgliota (sp). During two fights, he made some seriously bad decisions which impacted the outcome of two fights.

Interesting

Israel and Rogan talking about how Colby is really a super polite and nice dude who is just going full blown character to sell fights is the first time I’ve heard about it. And then this. Not that I didn’t already think he was doing a character. Rather the extent of it and what nice things they had to say.

Rogan and Schaub talk about it too... Had to create a character because they wanted to cut him... Guy went for it and it is working... Schaub also thinks he moves to WWE in the future

Back
Top Bottom