The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- UFC 300 ON NOW

I'm officially cutting the cord in November then... looks like a great deal. That plus Netflix and HBO is like 40 bucks a month. Deuces cable.
Bro, I haven't had cable since May and I haven't even noticed one bit. Granted my girl has Netflix and Hulu, but still, it's nice to only have to pay for WiFi. Can get everything you need without paying for cable

Colby needs a foil. Could have been Woodley, it could be Usman. These other opponents didn't feed into the trash talk

I don't know the numbers on Chael pre-Anderson, but, yeah, you get someone like Woodley or Usman, who aren't in on the joke, it could push Colby into that drawing space. Not saying it's a forgone conclusion by any means

this. guys aren't playing along and selling it :lol:

It's the commercial plan /\

Bro, I haven't had cable since May and I haven't even noticed one bit. Granted my girl has Netflix and Hulu, but still, it's nice to only have to pay for WiFi. Can get everything you need without paying for cable

Man I been done with standard cable TV for years, I have 2 and 7 year olds and a spoiled wife. They dont wanna give it up. This is it tho. I'm so over 225 dollar cable Bill's when all I need is wi fi

That means Masvidal will get a new opponent offered to him but White isn’t going to cater to his demands for a title shot or McGregor as the only options he’ll accept.

“You can’t make ultimatums,” White said about Masvidal. “Listen, we’re going to offer him a fight, and if he accepts the fight, he does and if he doesn’t, he doesn’t.”

The thing is Colby isn't selling fights...

Also he cant out wrestle Usman IMHO

Screenshot_20190806-192852_Twitter.jpg
Joint was empty. When they showed the arena I thought it was early prelims it was so empty.

Covington is a trash performer that no one wants to see. IMHO.

But if he keeps talling that ****, he might sell because people will want to see his head bashed in.

It's the commercial plan /\

Man I been done with standard cable TV for years, I have 2 and 7 year olds and a spoiled wife. They dont wanna give it up. This is it tho. I'm so over 225 dollar cable Bill's when all I need is wi fi

What's your set up like now? I'm also sick of paying 200+ for Xfinity when I only use a fraction of what I'm paying for. The thing that would hurt the most is losing DVR and local sports.

DirectTV Now & Youtube TV carries local channels and certainly isn't $200+ monthly

I believe DirectTV Now includes ABC and possibly FOX. CBS has it's own streaming app however, so if your favorite football team is an AFC one, you watch Golf regularly or really enjoy 60minutes, you could be SOL.

Frankie dropping. Would like to see him fight Cruz eventually if not next

“We have already started discussing Frankie’s bantamweight debut,” Abdelaziz told ESPN. “We’re hoping it will be at UFC 244 on Nov. 2 at Madison Square Garden, but 100 percent Frankie’s next fight will be at 135 pounds.”

Covington is a trash performer that no one wants to see. IMHO.

UHHHHHHHHHH that preformance against lawler on Saturday was probably the complete opposite of trash. His preformance against RDA was also spectacular.......

Did you just start watching MMA this year or?

UHHHHHHHHHH that preformance against lawler on Saturday was probably the complete opposite of trash. His preformance against RDA was also spectacular.......

Did you just start watching MMA this year or?

What he is saying is why Colby doesnt draw. He isn't looking to hurt people or finish them and his style of winning is boring.

Leon Edward's and Wonderboy are largely point fighters but they're strikes are thrown with bad intentions. They're not out there with locked arms on a single leg pulling and laying on a guy till hes finished.

I dont like Colbys style either obviously but Its the 5 rds that really make it unbearable. If Lawler wasn't tryna survive for 5 rds and only 3 maybe he gets the courage to jus start throwing at the pace Colby was. Idk but I see what Kekos saying and why ppl arnt checking for Colby fights

Colby will sell, lawler was his highest profile fight to date...just watch he’s the ultimate heel and he knows it. He wear the black hat like a ****ing million dollars, he knows what he’s doing and he’s doing it very well.

And yall acting like hella fighters do numbers? Conor, Jones, DC, pettis and maybe a few other are the only true “sellers” the UFC has.

The UFC doesnt depend on SINGLE fighters selling massive PPV’s, thats why they stack cards with MULTIPLE fan friendly names.

You get him to dominate any big names CASUAL fans are familir with, he will explode. The robbie fight opening alot of eyes....

That boy good, given the right match ups he WILL SELL.

Maybe even moreso, people will tune in to watch him win and loose. The maga thing is sensitive and i can see why the UFC hasnt really wanted to put him on the front page, but credit to colby he’s forcing himself to the front.

He’s a tuff matchup for anyone at 70 right now. Dominating guys ALL 5 rounds with relentless pressure is probably the worst way to loose. He really breaking guys in there, making former champs look amateur.

Im not a colby fan, im an mma fan and colby is very good at mma.

The UFC doesnt depend on SINGLE fighters selling massive PPV’s, thats why they stack cards with MULTIPLE fan friendly names.

That’s their problem. They just give zero ducks about their fighters.

That was the problem with last week’s card. Hardcore’s probably watched it. But casuals looked up and down the card and saw just Covington/Lawler on there.

It really don’t make sense. DJ not emerging into a star (especially with that suplex submission highlight reel). Cyborg not being the baddest woman on the planet after the Ronda wave.

Im hoping the ESPN partnership at least assists in that regard.

Best tests will be Pettis/Diaz and Khabib/Porier. Everyone says Khabib and Diaz got the Conor rub. If those cards don’t do 300-500K buys, then the issue is a UFC one not a fight.

The thing is Colby isn't selling fights...

Also he cant out wrestle Usman IMHO

Screenshot_20190806-192852_Twitter.jpg
One more thing on this, clearly Colby isn’t a top draw, but the card was in the morning afternoon. Dave meltzer said the ratings were good for its time slot. I wouldn’t draw damning conclusions from this tweet

Colby co main events msg and dominates usman and I think we’d be looking at a solid draw

That’s their problem. They just give zero ducks about their fighters.

That was the problem with last week’s card. Hardcore’s probably watched it. But casuals looked up and down the card and saw just Covington/Lawler on there.

It really don’t make sense. DJ not emerging into a star (especially with that suplex submission highlight reel). Cyborg not being the baddest woman on the planet after the Ronda wave.

Im hoping the ESPN partnership at least assists in that regard.

Best tests will be Pettis/Diaz and Khabib/Porier. Everyone says Khabib and Diaz got the Conor rub. If those cards don’t do 300-500K buys, then the issue is a UFC one not a fight.
Next weeks card is def one of the best on paper so far this year. 242 though? Outside of the main event it's a very underwhelming lineup.

Though with the ESPN deal I've heard the org is still doing well even with these ppvs doing under 200k buys. What did 239 do?

242? Pettis vs Diaz is a legit fire fight on paper. The UFC was literally built on these types of grudge matches (Liddell/Ortiz, Shamrock/Ortiz and Liddell/Couture).

That fight on paper with the right of promotion should do 500K. Throw in Yoel Romero versus another big KO artist. And the rematch of Stipe/DC.

Stipe is another example of a fighter they could have pushed with his past performances. Masvidal can become a star but it takes the company keeping him in the public eye.

That means Masvidal will get a new opponent offered to him but White isn’t going to cater to his demands for a title shot or McGregor as the only options he’ll accept.

“You can’t make ultimatums,” White said about Masvidal. “Listen, we’re going to offer him a fight, and if he accepts the fight, he does and if he doesn’t, he doesn’t.”
Only other fight that would make sense for Jorge is winner of Pettis/Diaz. But w a win Diaz gonna wait for the trilogy

242 is Khabib-Dustin. 241 is DC-Miocic and the next two fights are also bangers. Cant wait to see Diaz-Pettis. Winner of that fight could get Conor or potentially Masvidal if he really needs to fight again before a shot.

Back
Top Bottom