The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- UFC 300 ON NOW

Yeah just a completely different type of skill set that guys with elite striking can't get around

Justin and Tony are really the only tests left for Khabib
I need to see a rematch with Tibau. I dunno if the dude is still with the ufc but I think usada did catch him.

great night of fights. was driving to my parents watching on the road so couldnt comment but the last 3 fights were all great

Mike Perry surprised the piss out of me. hes far better than i gave him credit for. great performance in the cage and on the mic.

Good assessment Mr. Z.

So...what’s your favorite fight of the year so far?

Joanna/Li
Burgos/Emmet
Porier/Hooker
Luque/Price
Joanna/Li still for sure...I can’t wait until ufc gets back in the bigger cages. The bigger cage is far more cinematic.

Joanna/Li still for sure...I can’t wait until ufc gets back in the bigger cages. The bigger cage is far more cinematic.

I need to rewatch it so I’m not suffering from recency bias.

I think Porier/Hooker threw strategy to the side to deliver a major slug fest. The heft thrown behind their punches would’ve KO’d 60% of the LW roster.

Joanna/Li definitely was the greatest women’s match ever. No question. Stakes were high. And there was definitely game plans exercised (sort of).

great night of fights. was driving to my parents watching on the road so couldnt comment but the last 3 fights were all great

Mike Perry surprised the piss out of me. hes far better than i gave him credit for. great performance in the cage and on the mic.
he was still a -300 favorite. gall beating up a pro wrestler really got people fooled :lol:
surprised it was just that low

Last edited:
he was still a -300 favorite. gall beating up a pro wrestler really got people fooled :lol:
Yeah gall is trash. Perry fought decently good that he realizes he needs a corner

Charles Oliveria deserves a big name next he’s like the ponzibbio of the 155 division. Oliveria hooker would be dope or any of the top 3

Styles make fights....comparing Poirers prior matches with Eddie, Justin, and Max doesn’t work. Hooker had the height and reach advantage and was feinting and setting up so many traps. Hooker was also slipping very well but Poirer was still landing CLEAN. Y’all acting like DP was fighting a can. Hookers offensive and defensive striking was very good. Hooker was also the faster fighter. So imagine piecing up a guy that is taller, longer, and faster than you....
talk to em

who did Mickey tap after Punk? i thought he was really good on the ground? but yea Perry said thx for the easy opponent finally when it was intitally announced.

i thought Perry was just a dumb brawler tho, he showed real fight acumen.

who did Mickey tap after Punk? i thought he was really good on the ground? but yea Perry said thx for the easy opponent finally when it was intitally announced.

i thought Perry was just a dumb brawler tho, he showed real fight acumen.
Don't forget Gall lost to a 38 year old Diego Sanchez via TKO

He had some intrigue coming in but he's just not up to snuff

Man that New Zealand crew run the same game plan for every fight, Adesanya is probably the only fighter in that crew who runs things a bit more verse. Max and DP showed the blue print in beating these fighters, granted Max got a late surge in his fight with volkanowski. But if he can bring it early just like how DP did, then he can get Alex in the rematch. Hell DP did the same to max, brought the dog out early. Gotta start closing in and applying pressure to these dudes because they just wanna take your legs out from a distance.

The next UFC card is actually pretty crazy. Going to be the first one on the Island should be interesting. I don't remember the last time The UFC didn't have a 4th of July card

Just looked it up, the past 10 years they've only not had a 4th of July event once

This year will mark the second time in the decade

The next UFC card is actually pretty crazy. Going to be the first one on the Island should be interesting. I don't remember the last time The UFC didn't have a 4th of July card

Just looked it up, the past 10 years they've only not had a 4th of July event once

This year will mark the second time in the decade

Fight Island :pimp:

Wow, the return of Abdul Razak Alhassan on July 16. He was accused or raping two women that he took home from a bar that he's a bouncer at. He's already 34 but he showed some flash in his last 3 UFC fights. He's been out of MMA for 2 years now

Hmm. Usman. Training with Gaethje who has to face a great wrestler in the fall.

Also Gall beat Sage Northcutt. UFC thought they were feeding Sage a can.

And watched the Zang/JJ fight again. Definitely the best women’s fight I’ve seen. It was definitely closer than Porier/Hooker.

Man that New Zealand crew run the same game plan for every fight, Adesanya is probably the only fighter in that crew who runs things a bit more verse. Max and DP showed the blue print in beating these fighters, granted Max got a late surge in his fight with volkanowski. But if he can bring it early just like how DP did, then he can get Alex in the rematch. Hell DP did the same to max, brought the dog out early. Gotta start closing in and applying pressure to these dudes because they just wanna take your legs out from a distance.
max showed the blueprint? he got worked pretty thoroughly the first time around and had quite a bit of trouble finding the range/rhythm. i don't think he's versatile enough nor has enough time to make the adjustments needed either. that walk em down like a zombie **** isn't gonna work on a guy with volk's iq, dude's just a bad matchup for him overall. i wish he would've took another fight instead of an immediate rematch.

Usman vs Burns, Colby rematch, Jorge and Edwards Would be quite the resume

hope he gets to face all of them. I honestly can’t say those are all guaranteed wins like that

and hope ponz gets his body in order

Not gunna lie, was so damn happy to see Perry perform like that... Guy is a born fighter and hope he can keep getting co-mains, entertains every time.

Max ain’t got one shot power like Dustin.

Alex does however aswel as being technically sound. That’s why Max couldn’t get off the kind of volume he’s accustomed to throwing.

Back
Top Bottom