The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- UFC 301 in Brazil- Pantoja/Aldo etc. SAT 5/4

What a fight hooker looked done after round two shooting for takedowns when it’s not his game easy decision for the refs 3 2 Dustin 61 to 20 strikes in the 5th

Definitely a UD. Dustin won 3 rounds. This was Hookers 2nd 5 round fight. Man's need to get his cardio up if he wants to be in the elite of the division.

Imo, Zang/JJ is going to be tough to top as FOTY. Just about every round couldve went either way for that fight.

Dustin needs to heal up and get crisp again. Only guys left for Dustin are Tony or Conor but Tony deserves a title shot

I agree Tony deserves it for what he did previous to his last fight, but he looked so off against Gaethje that you can't discount it, it SUCKS how things turned out for him, but him and Poirier is def. the next fight to make.

Yeah he mentioned maybe not fighting until next year in the post-fight, probably a good idea. I don't think he has too many of those left in him.
I'm glad he has the right assessment of himself and that signals that he's definitely on his way out. When you have that consciousness and you realize the clock is running out

The top tier of this division is guaranteed a 5 round war. Champ aside, every one can eat shots, got the gas tank, and boxing.

Not sure if that was fight of the year. But definitely in the conversation. They were both sloppy and banging the first two rounds.

Props to Hooker for the takedowns and the leg kicks. He just couldn’t maintain the momentum in the last three rounds.

Not sure who Hooker should fight next.

Hooker couldn't get this sloppy version of Dustin out of there
Hooker has so much heart but yeah, Dustin clearly wasn't as elite as he's looked recently

Porier is legit top three in the division. Even sloppy, my man a warrior. And his boxing and defense got better as the fight went on. Have to be fair, he hasn’t fought since September.

Dustin needs to heal up and get crisp again. Only guys left for Dustin are Tony or Conor but Tony deserves a title shot

I think Dustin and Tony should fight. Tony coming off a devastating loss. And the picture might be muddy if Gaethje wins. Porier has a win over Gaethje.

He almost died in that Barboza fight. How many more wars does he have in him?

Same with Dustin.
Hooker has so much heart man. But yeah his stats on absorbing strikes aint good, not a good look for City Kickboxing considering their motto is to not get hit

Dustin certainly don't have any more wars left in him. He's either going to really go out on his shield against Tony or Conor or he's going to win and get one more title shot

Not sure if that was fight of the year. But definitely in the conversation. They were both sloppy and banging the first two rounds.

Props to Hooker for the takedowns and the leg kicks. He just couldn’t maintain the momentum in the last three rounds.

Not sure who Hooker should fight next.

Porier is legit top three in the division. Even sloppy, my man a warrior. And his boxing and defense got better as the fight went on. Have to be fair, he hasn’t fought since September.

I think Dustin and Tony should fight. Tony coming off a devastating loss. And the picture might be muddy if Gaethje wins. Porier has a win over Gaethje.
Yeah I was pointing out Dustin had surgeries that probably slowed him down. And all of those previous wars

My point is more on Hooker, he should have been able to get that version of Dustin out of there if Hooker was really on that level. Because the Dustin that beat Eddie, Max and Justin would have beaten up Hooker tonight even more

I could see Dustin beating Tony.

And they both went through wars.

And I’m curious if that was City KB strategy? They had to have wanted him to remain on the outside, chip Poriers legs, etc. And try to throw Dustin off of with the TD attempts.

Styles make fights....comparing Poirers prior matches with Eddie, Justin, and Max doesn’t work. Hooker had the height and reach advantage and was feinting and setting up so many traps. Hooker was also slipping very well but Poirer was still landing CLEAN. Y’all acting like DP was fighting a can. Hookers offensive and defensive striking was very good. Hooker was also the faster fighter. So imagine piecing up a guy that is taller, longer, and faster than you....

Styles make fights....comparing Poirers prior matches with Eddie, Justin, and Max doesn’t work. Hooker had the height and reach advantage and was feinting and setting up so many traps. Hooker was also slipping very well but Poirer was still landing CLEAN. Y’all acting like DP was fighting a can. Hookers offensive and defensive striking was very good. Hooker was also the faster fighter. So imagine piecing up a guy that is taller, longer, and faster than you....
It's not a direct comparison between those other matchups, just a general observation on Hooker's inability to put out the worst version of Dustin in the past 3-4 years

Hooker aint no can man, he's a near contender if not bonafide contender

Good assessment Mr. Z.

So...what’s your favorite fight of the year so far?

Joanna/Li
Burgos/Emmet
Porier/Hooker
Luque/Price

I think after round 2 Eugene kept telling Hooker to stay discipline. His cardio just ain't up to par to execute their game plan for all 5. That head movement was non existent by the 3rd.

Like i was trying to tell super, just cuz you fight out of city kb doesn’t mean it’s an automatic advantage. If you can’t execute then it doesn’t mean much

Felder showed this in hookers most recent fight

I think after round 2 Eugene kept telling Hooker to stay discipline. His cardio just ain't up to par to execute their game plan for all 5. That head movement was non existent by the 3rd.

Hooker made a calculated mistake getting drawn into that fire fight.

I think Eugenes plan was solid. Might be a conditioning issue. He also needs to take less damage. He’s just been in wars his last few fights.

And Diamond is an appropriate nickname.

What a fight! If Hooker had about 15-20 more seconds left in rd 2 he might have finished Dustin. Diamond finished strong and got a well deserved w though.

I think Dustin waits out the LW title fight because of Justin wins I could see them setting up a rematch with Dustin. Then again, if the Justin/Khabib fight is close I could see them giving either an immediate rematch not knowing how much longer Khabib wants to fight. If that's the case I say give Dustin Tony next.

If Conor decides he wants to compete again despite no crowd, I'd like to see that rematch with Dustin at the higher weight class of 55

Really any of the triangle of Dustin, Conor, Tony can and should match up by the end of the year or start of the new year

This is astonishing, it's like 24 fights in the UFC, 26 if you include WEC. 10 years

Tony also has almost a decade of UFC service with no back to back losses. It's like 17 fights

Back
Top Bottom