The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- UFC 300 ON NOW

You think he’s lost a step?
His boxing wasn’t on point like it has been, whether that’s because he lost a step or is the affect of those surgeries is yet to be seen

he was sloppy, telegraphing much of his punches and swinging extra wildly. Yet he was still able to land a record accuracy strike count on hooker lol

hooker faced a worse version of Dustin in the past 3 years, he’s fortunate for that

Max ain’t got one shot power like Dustin.

Alex does however aswel as being technically sound. That’s why Max couldn’t get off the kind of volume he’s accustomed to throwing.
Alex got the range and timing down quick and kept disrupting Max's combos. I want Max to get the belt back but I kinda feel that he just got his number. Max might need to go to the body a lot more early on but even Alex said he expects them to do that and he's going to KO him this time

Usman vs Burns, Colby rematch, Jorge and Edwards Would be quite the resume

hope he gets to face all of them. I honestly can’t say those are all guaranteed wins like that

and hope ponz gets his body in order

I am really skeptical when the next time is we will see Colby or Jorge fight again.

I am really skeptical when the next time is we will see Colby or Jorge fight again.
Fair point. I think colby has a much better chance of fighting though because he might not have the outside the ring success that Jorge (his tequila and the spanish show appearance) has had

I would honestly like to watch usman v Colby fight 5 times first to 3, wins

His boxing wasn’t on point like it has been, whether that’s because he lost a step or is the affect of those surgeries is yet to be seen

he was sloppy, telegraphing much of his punches and swinging extra wildly. Yet he was still able to land a record accuracy strike count on hooker lol

hooker faced a worse version of Dustin in the past 3 years, he’s fortunate for that
If he didn’t swing wildly he would have gotten beat or stopped. Hooker made sure to stay at the end of his range and Dustin had an answer for that. If you are fighting a man that is standing in a spot where he can hit but you can’t hit him what would you do? You can’t shuffle in and out bc Hooker is too quick(you will get knocked out)...you can’t cut him off bc Hookers striking is too good and he would just leg kick you into a wheelchair. That is how those city kickboxing guys establish dominance in the fight.

Rewatch the fight and you will see how high level Dustins fight IQ is. I think it was either in the first or second round, Dustin was settled in at the end of HIS punching range (where you want to be if you want to hit and not get hit) and Hooker hit him with a big shot clean. So, imagine being at the end of your punching range and the other guy is just smashing you at will. From that point on you saw Dustin make the adjustments and turned it into an ugly fight.

If he didn’t swing wildly he would have gotten beat or stopped. Hooker made sure to stay at the end of his range and Dustin had an answer for that. If you are fighting a man that is standing in a spot where he can hit but you can’t hit him what would you do? You can’t shuffle in and out bc Hooker is too quick(you will get knocked out)...you can’t cut him off bc Hookers striking is too good and he would just leg kick you into a wheelchair. That is how those city kickboxing guys establish dominance in the fight.

Rewatch the fight and you will see how high level Dustins fight IQ is. I think it was either in the first or second round, Dustin was settled in at the end of HIS punching range (where you want to be if you want to hit and not get hit) and Hooker hit him with a big shot clean. So, imagine being at the end of your punching range and the other guy is just smashing you at will. From that point on you saw Dustin make the adjustments and turned it into an ugly fight.
You seem to think I am questioning Dustin’s IQ and caliber. Far from it, he proved he could push through the rust and post surgery lull

I am not making any point except that this version of Dustin was not the same version we’ve seen the past 3 years and hooker still couldn’t put him away

That is not some knock on Dustin at all, which you seem to think I’m being harsh on him. I’m one of his most vocal fans on here.. it’s just facts that he wasn’t as good as he’s been

I am not giving hooker as much credit as you are because we saw him get throttled by felder in his last fight. That doesn’t mean he’s a can or that he isn’t a contender. Not every comment or observation made is damning or means something as extreme as you keep making it out to be

I wouldn't say dustin has lost a step per say, but the miles are adding up.

It's super impressive what DP was able to do to a young hungry contender like hooker, hes championship caliber....just still a little green.

Would love to see conor and dustin run it back, they were getting busy before DP got clipped behind the ear. Conor went on to have a few BIG wins but DP just been on a tear since, going on and beating ALL the top guys...he beat guys conor won't sign for....conor over here gloating off of his KO over dustin who went on to KO all the guys conor dont want to fight....
200.gif

The build up could be big. Thats a tuff fight for conor....I'd rather see that then ferguson tbh.

platinum :pimp:

NEED that till fight to happen at some point

Exactly. I'm not saying Dustin wasn't impressive but it's fair to point out the obvious

1. Wear and tear from wars
2. Impact of the surgeries

It's yet to be seen if Dustin's lost a step- his next fight, with proper recovery and training will answer that

I was praising Hooker's heart and he almost got Dustin out of there, I have to admit that. I also gave credit to Hooker for beating (although imo controversially) the best version of Paul Felder there ever was. But if we're objectively assessing the big picture, Hooker could not get the job done against a version of Dustin that was not at the level we've seen recently

If Hooker is facing anyone outside of Khabib (Tony, Justin, even Conor) I can't say I'd favor Hooker but he'd def give them a handful. So idk if I can consider Hooker champion caliber but he's still up there in contendership

It’s possible but i lean more to giving Hooker the credit.

He was ****ing him up with low kicks early on and had him badly hurt in the 2nd. That coupled with the pace lead to a lot of tired shots being thrown in the later rounds.

It’s possible but i lean more to giving Hooker the credit.

He was ****ing him up with low kicks early on and had him badly hurt in the 2nd. That coupled with the pace lead to a lot of tired shots being thrown in the later rounds.
Which leads me to believe if he fought Justin again that night I don’t think Dustin comes away with the win like he did the first time

Either way it was proven that Dustin is still at the top of the division while hooker is still at the cusp of breaking into that tier

Another Justin/Dustin scrap would be much different. Justin seems to have learned from the Dustin scrap and isn't as reckless since. Would love to see them run that back sometime in the next couple years.

We can play the hypothetical rematch game all we want....

But the truth stands, gatheje couldn’t **** with dustins power NOR use his own power to stop dustin....

poierer smoked justin like a joint, and thats that.

yall can talk hypotheticals all you want but the truth is all the counts.

The initial report said they’re building an indoor arena similar to what they did for khabib vs Dustin

and that fighters will train on the beach if they please

who knows tho

Love to see all these candid vids Will Harris is dropping from the past cpl years of Ali...

You can see why guys love him, comes and tells Tyrone Spong he only thinks hes conditioned cuz all he does is box and then standing guillotines him haha

One surefire way to earn respect and show these guys you know as much as anyone about the craft is jus put paws on em. Get in the mix.

Back
Top Bottom