The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- UFC 300 ON NOW

The stakes at play and opponent make this number 1/2 to me. We rarely see Usman hurt bad in a fight, let alone knocked tf out.

Usmans 6th title defense, his chance to tie Silvas 16 straight win streak, and Leon less than a minute away from losing a decision.

This the first Edwards fight you watch? He always looks like that :lol:
You know what it actually is lol. I’ve never watched him fight, especially after his hiatus I just wasn’t interested. Amazing he waited and waited for his opportunity and pulled it off.

Lol people saying this is the best head kick ko. Not even close. Valentina ko on Jessica still rules them all. Also, Chitos ko on Cruz. Chandler on Ferguson. OSP on Anderson. Kevin Lee on Gregor. Buckley ko. Holm on Rhonda.

I'm not saying it's automatically the best ever but you listing all those moments and I can't help but feel like you're stripping away A LOT of context from what we saw happen tonight.

Can’t even imagine the odds of live betting on Edwards to win in that last round, let alone winning by KO
Not sure if valid but I saw odds at least +5000 floating around on Twitter. Should’ve been more that late. Every commentator was slandering him and he was right in front of them.

I'm from Birmingham so I feel nasty seeing this hype train leave the station without me on it :smh: :lol:

Nah that was a ****ing AMAZING set up and finish.

Kamaru was dominant for 24 mins though. Fully expect him to reclaim in the rematch.

Didn’t even watch the card. Sounds like another Woodley/Masvidal 1 by the champ. Rocky, in the last round, had a nasty setup. Shadow Realm, where his spirit can commune with Masvidal’s.

Sucks for Whitman. My man had two champs + a contender. I can see Rose and Usman reclaiming their titles. But you let off the gas for a minute. Poof. Or you let Pat Barry’s into your corner.

Sucks for Usman. But for Dana. Wembley is lit. That would be a crazy card if they can do the usual UK vs other country card. Throw Arnold on there plz. Paddy could also be there. Or Molly.

Not sure if its the altitude or lack of cardio that made Luke so tired and sluggish.

He landed some nice shots and flashy kicks but had no energy to build on them.

Fairplay to him for surviving that, at least he didn't get knocked out that's a consolation.

A bit of a weird fight just seemed to move in slow motion, Luke had a good career definitely time to ride off into the sunset.

Think Rockhold may have had a broken nose and/or orbital.

Seemed his reaction to getting hit in the face was pain rather then getting rocked.

****ing weird fight but both them dudes were throwing heat.

Was funny the commentators were talking like the fight was over and leon already lost when there's over 4 minutes still left to go. It definitely wasn't the biggest upset ever like they were saying.

F6AF9ED2-8DCF-4A1E-8AC2-CF559F1DCB55.jpeg

Between Rockhold and Leon's performances, that was one hell of a night. Two of the craziest MMA moments I've seen in a minute.

Wonder what happens in the rematch. And real interested to see how getting knocked out cold will affect Usman. Leon definitely has some work to do before the rematch too, but Usman is no spring chicken. 35 years old and getting his lights turned all the way off like that can't help with his punch resistance, or his confidence.

Between Rockhold and Leon's performances, that was one hell of a night. Two of the craziest MMA moments I've seen in a minute.

Wonder what happens in the rematch. And real interested to see how getting knocked out cold will affect Usman. Leon definitely has some work to do before the rematch too, but Usman is no spring chicken. 35 years old and getting his lights turned all the way off like that can't help with his punch resistance, or his confidence.
True ....

We seen this a lot ... a dominant fighter/champion with a good winning strick losing or getting KO never regaining the dominance they once had.

The Rockhold dude and dudes like him are why I rarely watch MMA. That isht was disgusting, classless, dangerous, and uncalled for. Then the Rocky v Usman fight is why I always tune in when I remember. Ultimate definition of play until the whistle.

Lol people saying this is the best head kick ko. Not even close. Valentina ko on Jessica still rules them all. Also, Chitos ko on Cruz. Chandler on Ferguson. OSP on Anderson. Kevin Lee on Gregor. Buckley ko. Holm on Rhonda.

There's highlight reel of crazy ones from 2000's and 2010's too.

Some of yall really hating :lol:
Leon's been one of the most well rounded fighters in the division for a minute now. The biggest draw of fighting is that anything can happen at any time and he pulled it off.
Imagine winning the UFC title in that fashion with the adrenaline running on full blast, and some of yall thinking he shouldn't be allowed to celebrate nor hype himself up :lol:

Main event was playing out exactly how I thought it would for like 23+ minutes lol

Damb shame it ended the way it did for Usman. I was getting ready for Usman v Chimaev :smh:

But good for Leon, going from being boo'd in his own country in his fight with Gunnar, then getting punched in the face back stage... Jorge making a mini bag off of it... to having so many fights cancelled... to finishing the P4P #1...

Sport is wild af

The Rockhold dude and dudes like him are why I rarely watch MMA. That isht was disgusting, classless, dangerous, and uncalled for. Then the Rocky v Usman fight is why I always tune in when I remember. Ultimate definition of play until the whistle.

I mean, that's definitely an interpretation. It comes off real just bleed/fight club-ish. But if you rarely watch MMA then you're missing the backstory, which kind of ties everything together.

Mentally dude is definitely going through some ****, but I thought that whole fight was an insane redemption moment for him to be honest. Weird, and yes disgusting, but I have a lot more respect for the guy even in a loss. I was highly impressed. Him and Leon were the high points of the night.

Back
Top Bottom